1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Started back on ADD meds - do I need to change anything in my diet?

Ugh, I've managed without them for a long time but I've gone back to school for some additional training in my career (computer network engineering), its fairly in depth and I'm just not cutting it - just like in High school when I was first diagnosed with unattentive type add.
    So I've refilled my Ritalin SR perscription and started at the absolute minimum dose of 20mg /day and since I've been off for so long its having a very strong effect and I've turned my studies around...

I don't know the consiquenses as far as bodymass goes, is my metabolism sped up at all or is the weight loss side simply the result of not eating due to the loss of appitite? If I force myself to keep eating the same amount will I not lose weight or do I have to eat more to compinsate?

I wouldn't take them if I didn't have to... its not minor unfortunetly, my case I'm told is moderate to severe, which doesn't really hinder daily life or my job because I enjoy it so much but if I have to learn something new, listen to someone for a long period of time or write a paper - I'm hosed.

Anyone have experiance?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Ugh, I've managed without them for a long time but I've gone back to school for some additional training in my career (computer network engineering), its fairly in depth and I'm just not cutting it - just like in High school when I was first diagnosed with unattentive type add.
    So I've refilled my Ritalin SR perscription and started at the absolute minimum dose of 20mg /day and since I've been off for so long its having a very strong effect and I've turned my studies around...

I don't know the consiquenses as far as bodymass goes, is my metabolism sped up at all or is the weight loss side simply the result of not eating due to the loss of appitite? If I force myself to keep eating the same amount will I not lose weight or do I have to eat more to compinsate?

I wouldn't take them if I didn't have to... its not minor unfortunetly, my case I'm told is moderate to severe, which doesn't really hinder daily life or my job because I enjoy it so much but if I have to learn something new, listen to someone for a long period of time or write a paper - I'm hosed.

Anyone have experiance?
    i take adderal and it hasnt effected anything

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You're experiencing a combination of appetite loss and also an increased metabolic rate. Increase your EFA's and your cals by about 10%.

Thread Information