punchrf is offline Anabolic Member

arms are to long

i have always wondered why my bench sucked. my arms are 4 inches longer than my height and i'm 5'7". could this be why? i can bench 250 once but i can put up 105# dumbbells for 3 reps. i may be completely off on this though. when i found out they were that long i felt like a **** monkey.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Your arms are 5' 11"??

l6873 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Your arms are 5' 11"??
    Tip to tip I'm guessing. Mine are around 6'8", so you have nothing to complain about.

ya they are 5'11". maybe it's not so wierd after all. well i guess i can't use that as an excuse.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm 6 ft with arms that drop below my knees, I'm a knuckle dragger and I still bench in the 5's. Long arms are no excuse, man up and throw some weight around.

Dude, I was thinking 5' 11" PER arm......

D

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'm 6 ft with arms that drop below my knees, I'm a knuckle dragger and I still bench in the 5's. Long arms are no excuse, man up and throw some weight around.

ROFLMAO!!!!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    i have always wondered why my bench sucked. my arms are 4 inches longer than my height and i'm 5'7". could this be why? i can bench 250 once but i can put up 105# dumbbells for 3 reps. i may be completely off on this though. when i found out they were that long i felt like a **** monkey.
    Hahaha the way you make it sound they drag the ground. There not that long bro, I'm 5' 11" and mine are about 6' 1-2". I'll bet you find it's about average with everyone else.

Now hand you said "i have always wondered why my bench sucked. my arms are so long I step on them while walking around. In fact ever since I was three I've had to walk with my arms over my head so as not to look a fool. I'm 5' 7" and their 2 full feet longer than my total hight! could this be why? i can bench 250 once but i can put up 105# dumbbells for 3 reps. i may be completely off on this though. when i found out they were that long i felt like a **** monkey."

Relax, you're not a freak....want a nanner?

i would definetely be a monkey with 5'11" per arm. i have no problem throwing up some decent weight with dumbbells but my max bench # is not so impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    i would definetely be a monkey with 5'11" per arm. i have no problem throwing up some decent weight with dumbbells but my max bench # is not so impressive.

Some of your problem may be a mental one. If you think you can't you won't.

Do you dread going to the gym on chest days?

D

i love going to the gym and chest is my favorite day. i'm going to give dumbbells more of my time. i seem to progress faster when i work with dumbbells. it's not that big of a deal to me that my arms are longer than my height but i'm at work bored and wanted to see what kind of comments i could get out of my post.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    use it to ur advantage ppl with longer arms are better at rockclimbing

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Take a wide grip on the bar if you are concerned with your arms being too long.

Be Real is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

Holy crap do your knuckles really drop below your knees? LOLOL if thats true you should change your avatar form a skull to a monkey face. Thats crazy!!! I got long arms too but I cant bench jack, but I can dumbbell press more than anyone. I think it has more to do with my shoulders being messed up than my arms being long. But I must concur short arms help your bench drastically.

jlm52670 is offline Female Member
    At least your arms are longer...mine are shorter...about 5'6" and i am 5"9 my legs are to long...my B/F calls me T-rex. hahaha

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    My arms drop to my ankles, they have to!. They shake my bellend, saves me kicking it dry after a leak!.

Using long arms as an excuse not to have a good bench is like using short arms as an excuse why you cant deadlift jack....If someone is worried about what weight they can use then you should be using more of a powerlifting style anyways. Which should dramatically cut the range of motion down.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Just use a wider grip gurlie-man. Lol.

But seriously, average, your arms fingertip to fingertip should be exactly equal to your height. Im 6'1", i have a 6'1" armspan.

Thread Information