Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member

I truely give up...

Ok, im 5'8 155 pounds. I eat everything in site. By that I dont mean Chips, cookies, and twinkies I never eat junk food. I keep a good eye on my fat/saturated fat intake, but pay hardly any attention at all to carbs. I just want to grow. If I put on a few extra pounds in the process I will cut it off later no big deal. Cutting has never been a problem. Yet I cannot seem to gain weight to save my life. I would have posted this in diet/workout forum but im not exactly sure where it fits in. I get the right amount of protein in, almost always comming from a combination of eggs/tuna/shakes and the occasional steak or chicken breast. Im not a big guy by nature, always been cut though. I am wondering, if I need to increase my calorie intake even more or if its something I'm doing wrong with my routine. I'm thinking about taking a full month and just focusing on Squats/Deadlifts/Bench Press. I'm thinking maybe I have tried to jump straight in and refine muscles my frame just isn't ready to hold on to. Just to give you an idea of where I stand, this is a semi-old picture of me (2-3 months old) before I got back in the gym. Im thinking I weighed in the neighborhood of 148-155 pounds at the time. I probably weigh, 160 now, maybe. Arms, shoulders, chest popped out a bit more and I leaned up but nothing major. Any hardgainers got any advice to hand out?

Angelis is offline Banned
    umm theres no pic... but maybe u dont have a good diet or something if you post your diet in the diet forum im sure people could help you out with the problem... just incase its ur lifting u might wanna post that... I usually use Weight gainer if I wanna gain but I dont have ur problem I wish I had ur problem I have trouble staying Shredded.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm a hardgainer, but i got through it by doubling what most people eat in the BB world and it works.

My bad, I just realized the pic didn't post. Here it is. Granted this was a pic of me while I was out of the gym. But having said that I'm not a whole lot bigger now, not that I would expect to be this fast. But Ive always had trouble gaining.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I truely give up...-steveo.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'm a hardgainer, but i got through it by doubling what most people eat in the BB world and it works.
    I beleive im about to that point man. Im just going to eat everything I see and deal with any fat I put on later after I have the weight.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think BDTR had a super weight gain shake that had about 4000calories in it. ask him about it. i think that the ingredients consisted of ice cream, whey protein, whole milk, choc syrup, banana, ice and peanut butter......

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Dude, i didnt gain till i sat down, counted calories, protein, carbs, etc.

Ectomorph you are. Calories you need.

4000 a day will do the trick.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    To me it seems like you just don't have a diet. You need to build yourself a diet and STICK TO IT. Eating every two hours. It's the only way to grow. You say you eat everything in sight but I'm assume you're the kind of guy to go out to a friend's house and not eat for 5-7 hours.

Just my 2 cents.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    When I go to gain I start at about 4200 and work my way up to about 5200 by pct

vettewreck is offline Banned
    dude, I used to be 6' and 145lbs!! Now Im (still 6' ha ha) and 205lbs. The trick is eating every 2 hours. People like me and you have to get ahead of our matabolism. Even if you are still full from your last meal you need to eat again. If you wait untill you are hungry, its too late and your matabolism has already caught up. Just go to the grocery store buy some boneless/skinless chicken breast and cook 5 of them everynight on a George Foreman Grill for all your meals for the next day. Along with some protien shakes here and there and some Instant 10min rice.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck
    dude, I used to be 6' and 145lbs!! Now Im (still 6' ha ha) and 205lbs. The trick is eating every 2 hours. People like me and you have to get ahead of our matabolism. Even if you are still full from your last meal you need to eat again. If you wait untill you are hungry, its too late and your matabolism has already caught up. Just go to the grocery store buy some boneless/skinless chicken breast and cook 5 of them everynight on a George Foreman Grill for all your meals for the next day. Along with some protien shakes here and there and some Instant 10min rice.
    Great advice. Went from 6'2 155lbs to 208 in a year doing that.

Wow, no wonder im not gaining anything. I eat probably four times a day and take in roughly 3500 calaries. I truely had no idea I needed that many calories. So how much should I pay attention to fat/carb's and stuff of that nature? It's ganna be really hard for me to take in that many calories and eat clean. But how much does it really matter for me to eat clean? I have always been skinny before and never paid much attention to what I ate.

Of course I dont mean that im going to eat twinkies and donuts and **** food that is of no value at all. But I wouldn't think I have all that much to worry about when it comes to fat/carb's, I know in the past I have felt like I could eat, and chose not to because everything I had handy didn't have much protein in it and high fat/carb value. So I would just down a protein shake and go on about my business until I could pick something better up from the store.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    I’m by no way experienced as others here with only two cycles, but I started at 6`1 and 150, before test and tren afterwards went to 190.

To add a few calories in my day I do the following.

1lbs of pasta noodles over two days

loaf of bread over two days

1lbs of chicken hearts over two days

And most important a da* good protein shake in accordance with your body weight.

Also if you wake in the middle of the night keep a shake nearby, mostly powder that way you can add water and mix. (It’s cheaper)

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Hardgainer my ****ing ass that's like saying Ron Jeremey is a virgin lol

decadbal is offline Banned
    give up, i agree... everyone else should to, that way it will make it much easier for me to win the olympia one day... everyone else quit

Thread Information