Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Man question..??

Here's the deal....the guy in LA is starting to feel the pressure of the long distance relationship....partially because he doesn't have a phone now and our comms are limited to me calling him at work during the day OR him finding a pay phone to call me.

SO......Monday he tells me he was thinking over the weekend....some good some bad....and wants to talk but not at work so after he gets done with his class and drops his students off......he will call me. This means about 10pm. I didn't get much sleep the night before but ok...I'll wait up for the call. 11 pm rolls around and NO call.

Today I get him at work and he tells me that after class one of his adult female students had an issue in her personal life so she wanted to talk to him. So I got pushed to the back burner.

This on top of the fact that he opted to reschedule his trip that was supposed to happen this last weekend because he forgot he had promised to take a couple of his young students to a karate tourney. That I can deal with .... but the two together leads me to believe that I am not his first priority......or even close.

Am I wrong to feel that he should have told this female student that he had an important call that he had to make and that he would talk to her another day?

Oh and did I mention.....I didn't even get a freaking Valentines day Card????

this man has one foot in the grave and the other is dragging dirt in behind him.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

HEY HBC,

My turn......I know that one of my deals is that I too want to be numero uno. When the lil lady and I are on that page everything is fine. When one or the other veer off we both get our feelings screwed up. Yes! we are both really mature(yeah right). But, the communication has been making a world of difference. So I would say to your man just what you said to us here without being accusing or angry. See what he has to say and HOW he says it and that should give you plenty of insight. PM me anytime you need a chat. The IM thing is one of my concessions to my wife that she DID NOT like.........Oh well can't win em all.......

Good luck and my thoughts are with you...

zuke is offline Member
    y'all need to read the book "he's just not into you"

barbie, i hate to say it, but i have done the same thing to girls...

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    in my opinion, if you are having doubts it is time to bail and find a new guy

I did tell him exactly what I said here. And he listened and took it on board. He just has soooo much going on in his life and he's not used to having to spread his time between a demanding a woman and his school, work, music training, bodybuilding, etc. etc.

Im not sweating it.....just wondering if I was being unreasonable!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

I was hoping she would come chat with me....

Guess not eh?

Thanks for the response Mondo....

Quote Originally Posted by MrMondodondo
    HEY HBC,

My turn......I know that one of my deals is that I too want to be numero uno. When the lil lady and I are on that page everything is fine. When one or the other veer off we both get our feelings screwed up. Yes! we are both really mature(yeah right). But, the communication has been making a world of difference. So I would say to your man just what you said to us here without being accusing or angry. See what he has to say and HOW he says it and that should give you plenty of insight. PM me anytime you need a chat. The IM thing is one of my concessions to my wife that she DID NOT like.........Oh well can't win em all.......

Good luck and my thoughts are with you...

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I can see your point but also the thing with the female student might have been something important and the conversation with you might take some time and he might not want to rush what he has to talk to you about. Not getting a V-day card was pretty bogus IMO, did he get you anything?

If he has done this numerous times before then I would think that you're not his first priority, but if this is one of a few instances then you should just relax and see what he has to say. Take his word for it. Relationships are supposed to be built on trust and A LOT of understanding
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Well since his cell phone got shut off cause he's fighting with verizon...since mid dec...there have been 4 weekends in a ROW where he made NO effort to call me. Then when he couldn't get an email response from me at work or get me on the phone at work....he had the NERVE to get mad at me. I had good reason .... I was on casket duty and in a funeral procession....he just didnt get around to it.

She needed to talk to him about some neighbors finance that is putting the moves on her.

I guess taken alone .... not a big deal. All added up together.....it just sucks!!!

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you should move to Calif., we can date and I will treat you like a queen Baby doll. : )

Ahhhh If I moved to cali.....my major problems with him would be solved....but thanks for the offer it sure would be nice.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats right your problems with him would be over and you and I could be so happy working out in the gym together. Imagine me and you I do

I think about you day and night

It's only right

To think about the girl you love

And hold her tight

So happy together ......LOL : )

It's your turn to play hard to get now, if he is interested in you he will find a way to call you, if not move on. DO NOT CALL HIM AGAIN, IT IS HIS TURN TO MAKE A MOVE if you don't hear from him it's over. when we close one door another opens (it's true!)

zuke is offline Member
    JMO, but i have done this to women before and all i have to say is...

i would bet my paycheck that there is someone else. i'm sorry if i sound like a jerk, but distance does not make the heart grow fonder...

i wish you the best barbie and i hope that i am wrong

I don't think it's anyone else but HIM. He's been alone for 3 yrs. NO relationships. I'm pretty demanding so its an adjustment.

I did the don't call thing....didn't answer his email. He got PISSED....and my response was KMA.....don't give me attitude cause you can't reach ME one DAY when you don't call me ALL weekend!

I don't play that ****!

zuke is offline Member
    i am in the military and am always moving, so most of the relationships i have been in have been long distance. there is always a distinct moment when the girl goes from priority number one (and i am sure that he used to call you all the time and try to visit as often as he could) to priority number two or more. the biggest problem is that most guys have a one track mind. if you aren't priority number one, then you might as well be priority number 487. i can't speak for your man, but i just wanted to let you know how things have been for me in the past.

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Dude sounds like me...When I have alot of things on my plate I tend to push the folk that I care about away the most. I too had been out of the relationship game for a while (2 and half years) and when I got into one it was a long distance one while we both finished our senior year, she in Illinois, and me in Georgia. Not being a real relationship for an extended amount of time...then jumping right into a LONG distance with out any 'practice' one is prollly rough for him...I know it was rough for me. Be patient if you really want to make things work, and things we be ok.

PEace

Military is my issue as well and why I can't move to be with him yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    i am in the military and am always moving, so most of the relationships i have been in have been long distance. there is always a distinct moment when the girl goes from priority number one (and i am sure that he used to call you all the time and try to visit as often as he could) to priority number two or more. the biggest problem is that most guys have a one track mind. if you aren't priority number one, then you might as well be priority number 487. i can't speak for your man, but i just wanted to let you know how things have been for me in the past.

Thanks Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath
    Dude sounds like me...When I have alot of things on my plate I tend to push the folk that I care about away the most. I too had been out of the relationship game for a while (2 and half years) and when I got into one it was a long distance one while we both finished our senior year, she in Illinois, and me in Georgia. Not being a real relationship for an extended amount of time...then jumping right into a LONG distance with out any 'practice' one is prollly rough for him...I know it was rough for me. Be patient if you really want to make things work, and things we be ok.

PEace

zuke is offline Member
    well, if he's in the military and he teaches... he shouldn't be getting that close to his students... it really sounds like a bad deal to me. a lot of instructors get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. he might just be trying to help his students out, but he is risking a lot of trouble for it.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Sorry to hear it sweetie, hope you two get this resolved soon....

If your on his backburner, i'd make sure he's on yours. Imo Your not being unreasonable because i'm the same way with a woman. I honestly don't care if my entire life is engorged with things to do I always have time for my girlfriend. This alone makes me tend to believe that his mind isn't totally on you. I'd ride it out if your totally into him,but i'd keep my options open still.. JMO

Hometown Hero is offline Associate Member
    Hmmm thats a typical scenerio I suppose. Relationships can be tricky sometimes, because we all tend to view some things as universal signs when in all fairness not everyone fit's into that mold. I guess what it really boils down to is how well you know your man. I can think of instances where I have treated people I cared about in a similar fashion. This is normally something I do when I have experienced some form of personal tradgedy. I emerse myself in my responsabilities, become a workaholic, and try to help other people with their problems partially to avoid dealing with my own and partially to help put mine into perspective. It helps to know that you are not the only person out there going through hard times. In situations like this you tend to treat your loved ones/significant other worse then you do your everyday acquantances because of the generic assumption that they care for you and naturally will put up with a little bit more from you. Prod him a little and try to see whats wrong, It may be something with your relationship. But, its also very likely that it's something else. A death in the family perhaps, who knows? But if he refuses to let you inside his world you should definately not open yours to him.

He's NOT in the military...never has been. He's the Master at his Martial arts school. Its a small school and they are more like family than a school. He is the father figure to most.....and to a few of the older females.....he's a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    well, if he's in the military and he teaches... he shouldn't be getting that close to his students... it really sounds like a bad deal to me. a lot of instructors get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. he might just be trying to help his students out, but he is risking a lot of trouble for it.

I know he has a lot going on....he has a bother in LA County Jail...waiting trial .... facing the rest of his life in prison, taking over the school, moving up the corp ladder, body building, taking care of his father, etc, etc.

But.......I too have a lot going on.........but I MAKE time for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    Hmmm thats a typical scenerio I suppose. Relationships can be tricky sometimes, because we all tend to view some things as universal signs when in all fairness not everyone fit's into that mold. I guess what it really boils down to is how well you know your man. I can think of instances where I have treated people I cared about in a similar fashion. This is normally something I do when I have experienced some form of personal tradgedy. I emerse myself in my responsabilities, become a workaholic, and try to help other people with their problems partially to avoid dealing with my own and partially to help put mine into perspective. It helps to know that you are not the only person out there going through hard times. In situations like this you tend to treat your loved ones/significant other worse then you do your everyday acquantances because of the generic assumption that they care for you and naturally will put up with a little bit more from you. Prod him a little and try to see whats wrong, It may be something with your relationship. But, its also very likely that it's something else. A death in the family perhaps, who knows? But if he refuses to let you inside his world you should definately not open yours to him.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    CB, This is still a relatively new relationship for the two of you and if things are going sour during the honeymoon phase I would be careful. It takes all of 5 minutes to get another cell phone with another company. The math does not add up.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I know he has a lot going on....he has a bother in LA County Jail...waiting trial .... facing the rest of his life in prison, taking over the school, moving up the corp ladder, body building, taking care of his father, etc, etc.

You're a grown woman, you should know that long distance relationships don't work, sometimes the truth hurts but better to drop it now and more on than waste time with a sinking ship.

He's about the most DISORGANIZED, procrastinating man I've ever MET. Not making excuses because I agree with you. But I don't think it's intentional. That man has over scheduled his life to the point that he's going from 5am to 1am sleeps 3 hrs and gets up and starts again. After spending a week at his house.....I was exhausted!

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    CB, This is still a relatively new relationship for the two of you and if things are going sour during the honeymoon phase I would be careful. It takes all of 5 minutes to get another cell phone with another company. The math does not add up.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    cb Don't jump to conclusions.. Although the lack of a card is retarted... But you said youself you are a demanding women, maybe he just has to learn how to balance all these responsibilities

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    You're a grown woman, you should know that long distance relationships don't work, sometimes the truth hurts but better to drop it now and more on than waste time with a sinking ship.
    Thats not tru, the best one I had was LD and it was perfect, cept for me not being ready for anything that serious lol

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Ouch.

~SC~

Here's the deal....the guy in LA is starting to feel the pressure of the long distance relationship....partially because he doesn't have a phone now and our comms are limited to me calling him at work during the day OR him finding a pay phone to call me.

SO......Monday he tells me he was thinking over the weekend....some good some bad....and wants to talk but not at work so after he gets done with his class and drops his students off......he will call me. This means about 10pm. I didn't get much sleep the night before but ok...I'll wait up for the call. 11 pm rolls around and NO call.

Today I get him at work and he tells me that after class one of his adult female students had an issue in her personal life so she wanted to talk to him. So I got pushed to the back burner.

This on top of the fact that he opted to reschedule his trip that was supposed to happen this last weekend because he forgot he had promised to take a couple of his young students to a karate tourney. That I can deal with .... but the two together leads me to believe that I am not his first priority......or even close.

Am I wrong to feel that he should have told this female student that he had an important call that he had to make and that he would talk to her another day?

Oh and did I mention.....I didn't even get a freaking Valentines day Card????

this man has one foot in the grave and the other is dragging dirt in behind him.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    He's about the most DISORGANIZED, procrastinating man I've ever MET. Not making excuses because I agree with you. But I don't think it's intentional. That man has over scheduled his life to the point that he's going from 5am to 1am sleeps 3 hrs and gets up and starts again. After spending a week at his house.....I was exhausted!
    wow.. hitting this late..

You know in your heart.. you deserve more.. in past relationships you have allowed the men do do what they want.. and you should..

if his qualities don't make you happy..

you know what to do..

I've seen you say some hard things about relationships, and yet with your own it seems that you can't see the forest because of the trees..

not a very delicate way to put it. but still ..

sorry you are being treated this way..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Thats not tru, the best one I had was LD and it was perfect, cept for me not being ready for anything that serious lol
    Still stand behind it, they either break up after alot of back and forth or they move in together and get married. You just cant have a relationship where you cant see them face to face (military excepted, because they go into it knowing the way it is, even some of these don't work "dear john letters")

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    CB if it is meant to be it will happen and if not then the world will offer you other opportunities in love… That is just how it works. Either way you will find what your are looking for in a relationship just remember you are worth more than second best and you will except nothing less than a quality relationship…long distance relationship are tough. I think I would have to ask myself if I were in your shoes why did I get involved in a relationship with an absent partner and really reflect who I am and what do I really want. Good luck CB and remember it will all work out…it always does.

Well not to sound steriotypical, but men tend to deal with their feelings a little different then women. Inevitably your going to be left with a choice. Your going to have to confront him about the situation of course, let him know your not satisfied. Then one of three things is going to happen.

1.) You tell him your unhappy, and he changes and starts playing ball soon after.
    2.) You tell him your unhappy, and the change doesn't come quickly. So you keep waiting for a change that may or may not take place.
    3.) You tell him your unhappy, he doesn't change things quickly enough to suit you, and you break it off.

Number one would be what I would like to see happen for you . Number two sucks. Number three sucks to, but it would be much better then waiting around and hoping for change that doesn't come.

Goodluck ~Hometown~

I'm thinking that number 3 is gonna happen. Life is too short and there are too many men out there! I already told him what is up. I think I've already made my choice....cause I can't see him changing. He is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero
    Well not to sound steriotypical, but men tend to deal with their feelings a little different then women. Inevitably your going to be left with a choice. Your going to have to confront him about the situation of course, let him know your not satisfied. Then one of three things is going to happen.

1.) You tell him your unhappy, and he changes and starts playing ball soon after.
    2.) You tell him your unhappy, and the change doesn't come quickly. So you keep waiting for a change that may or may not take place.
    3.) You tell him your unhappy, he doesn't change things quickly enough to suit you, and you break it off.

Number one would be what I would like to see happen for you . Number two sucks. Number three sucks to, but it would be much better then waiting around and hoping for change that doesn't come.

Goodluck ~Hometown~

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    cb Don't jump to conclusions.. Although the lack of a card is retarted... But you said youself you are a demanding women, maybe he just has to learn how to balance all these responsibilities
    Even I got my wife a card(just before I told her to vacuum the living room. jk)

Watch the Shepimp at work ! Ha Ha

~Hometown~

Sooo many men.......so little time!

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like a bad deal all the way around hun.

No card....no call....adult female student......I smell something foul.

Yep......Im feeling the same way. Only time will tell. It's a same really because initially things were awesome and I thought I had found the right man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information