Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

FBI Launches Ad Campaign in Effort to Attract Thousands of New Employees

Looking for work???

FBI Launches Ad Campaign in Effort to Attract Thousands of New Employees

CANDACE SMITH
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI is looking for more than a few good men and women.

Hoping to attract up to 4,000 new employees by the end of September, the bureau has launched a major nationwide advertising campaign. It includes a television, print and radio blitz in the Washington area.

There are plans to expand the campaign to other large cities where there are military bases or a large population of foreign language speakers, said FBI spokeswoman Megan Baroska.

"We're looking to add to our intelligence cadre, to our special agent numbers," Baroska said. The agency also wants to beef up its support staff.

The CIA and National Security Agency are also looking to hire thousands of analysts, who research terrorism, foreign affairs and other subjects. That has lead to a shortage of qualified people.

Advertising is nothing new to the FBI, but this is the first time the agency has tried a national TV campaign, Baroska said.

One of the first ads aired before the start of the Super Bowl earlier this month. The fast-paced commercial flashes sleek graphics and quick shots of military helicopters and aerial photos. If features an Indian FBI intelligence analyst. Dressed in a suit and turban, he encourages viewers to join him because, "It's not the same world. It's not the same FBI."

Hundreds of motorists are passing a huge billboard in suburban Silver Spring, Md., just before the Capital Beltway. It shows a man in a suit and has the caption, "Little League coach, accountant, FBI special agent. Today's FBI, it's for you."

The agency is looking for computer whizzes, accountants, engineers and translators. They also want lawyers and people with backgrounds in the military, intelligence or law enforcement.

"These are the critical areas which will support our mission," Baroska said.

The 96-year-old agency changed its focus after the Sept. 11 attacks from of one of combatting mainly the mob and white-collar crime to terrorism, espionage and cyber attacks.

FBI officials said the number of cities the campaign will reach depends on the available funds. They declined to detail the budget for the ad campaign.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I wonder what kind of drug test's the FBI has...

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    I don't think they are going to test for roids

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RussianVodka
    I don't think they are going to test for roids
    I'm pretty sure that the FBI is going to ask.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    I'm pretty sure that the FBI is going to ask.
    What do you know, you canadian??

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Looking for work???

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The FBI is looking for more than a few good men and women.

"We're looking to add to our intelligence cadre, to our special agent numbers," Baroska said. The agency also wants to beef up its support staff.
    You think you can sign up to be a secret agent? I think I've seen enough movies to qualify for that.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I don't think they'd let me work for them, and I'm too old. Tell them I appreciate the offer though.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    I NEED A JOB.

i know feds do pollygraph test and do background tests.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I know a guy who wanted to be a fed. They dig up everything, interview your old high school chums, polygraph tests, drug tests. I would imagine if they see a guy who is like 250 and ripped, they wouldn't hesitate to test for juice.

Background is IN DEPTH..back at least 10 yrs or to the 16th birthday. Finances, legal, alcohol, drugs, etc. You have to list your family, in-laws, kids, etc. They look at your education, and past employment, etc. They talk to neighbors, friends, coworkers, former coworkers, etc. If you say that you smoked weed 6 times and they talk to people who know you and they say oh I saw him get stoned 20 times at least.....they start digging more and more. THey run your credit report, your local and federal record. Nothing is sacred.

Once you are in.....it's even worse!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Once i'm done serving in the Air Force after I graduate college, i'm going to try to get a job in the FBI

You will be a good candidate depending on your AFMOS.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    The guy I knew joined the Army just so he would have a better shot at being a Fed. Gotta have a dream I guess.

Spyder Guest
    I went to a career fair once with a 120 different companies exhibiting. 119 of them had like 1 or 2 people at their display tables ... the FBI had a line out the door with people waiting to speak with a recruit.

The selection process is a difficult one.

Having a military background helps a LOT esp when you are trying to get into the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. It helps if you get into a career that requires a TOP level clearance. Not only does it make you marketable to Defense agencies...but to Defense contractors, etc. Getting your degree while on active duty helps a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    Most agencies test for the basic rec drugs. If they SUSPECT steriods , they can order a specific test for that...but it's expensive so they don't do it as a matter of course.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll have a good chance. I'll have my degree from a good school and a 1st LT in the AF

Thread Information