BigD is offline Associate Member

You know your from Houston If....

Some of the stuff I can relate to.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM HOUSTON IF:
    1. The "farm-to-market" roads have seven lanes.
    2. You have to turn on the air conditioning in January, two days after a low of 29 degrees.
    3. Everybody has a story of the Flying Roach the size of the Taco Bell Chihuahua.
    4. When you see your neighbor dancing around the front yard, you don't think he's won the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes; you know that he just stepped in a fire ant bed.
    5. You're on your way to work one FEBRUARY morning and suddenly you're trapped in a traffic jam caused by a chuck wagon and fifty horses- with riders- and you look around to see that everybody in the trucks around you is wearing a cowboy hat.
    6. The name "Bud Adams" makes people snarl, and "Bum Phillips" doesn't mean bad screwdriver.
    7. "Luv ya Blue" still makes you smile, even if you did run the Oilers out of town.
    8. You know that the Astrodome will always be the Eighth Wonder of the World.
    9. You come to work in short sleeves and walk out at noon to find that a "blue northern" has blown through and the temperature has dropped 40 degrees.
    10. Your neighbor's Christmas yard decorations are a re-creation of the gunfight at the OK Corral, complete with a ten-foot tree decorated with boots and cowboy hats, and a Santa Claus who looks a lot like Wyatt Earp.
    11. You wander into a section of town where you can't read the street signs because they're written in Asian characters instead of English, but you don't care because you can get great prices on fake designer merchandise.
    12. You go to an art festival and you're almost run down by hand-holding cross-dressers on roller blades.
    13. You think "Y'all" is perfectly good usage if you're referring to more than one person.
    14. For a Chili Cook off, you'll use anything from armadillo to frog's legs, but you know that the only GOOD chili is made with chopped - not ground beef, and it has NO beans and NO tomatoes.
    15. Spring is not the season, Katy is not the lady, and 1960 is not the year.
    16. Society matrons of "a certain age" still sport big hair and faces that have gone east, west, and north rather than south.
    17. You can leave your house, head out of town, and an hour later you still haven't left the city limits. During rush-hour, you haven't left your NEIGHBORHOOD.
    18. You've never seen I-45 and I-10 in any condition other than under construction - and you've lived here for more than 30 years.
    19. You know that "Clutch City" has nothing to do with automobile transmissions.
    20. "The Dream" is not a fantasy.
    21. A 747 with the Space Shuttle riding piggyback has actually flown low right overhead, and nobody paid any attention to it.
    22. You know that while saving you money, "Mattress Mac" has amassed more than the U.S. treasury.
    23. You see nothing unusual about an eighty-something former sheriff's deputy who wears a white pompadour toupee and blue sun- glasses, mispronounces names, allows televising of his frequent plastic surgeries, seems unnaturally obsessed with slime in the ice machine, and screams "MAR-VIN ZIND-ler, iiiiiii-witness news" into a television camera every night. But some folks are still upset with him for shutting down the Chicken Ranch.
    24. If the humidity is below 90 percent, it's a GOOD hair day.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    LMAO, so very true. I am so sick of Mattress Mac though. Does he ever stop?

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I know we have some more houston people in here. Does nobody else relate to anything?
    I personally like number 15 for some reason. But I dont like number 13 i dont like that word.

Jenna is offline Female Member

Re: You know your from Houston If....

Originally posted by BigD

9. You come to work in short sleeves and walk out at noon to find that a "blue northern" has blown through and the temperature has dropped 40 degrees.

13. You think "Y'all" is perfectly good usage if you're referring to more than one person.

18. You've never seen I-45 and I-10 in any condition other than under construction - and you've lived here for more than 30 years.

24. If the humidity is below 90 percent, it's a GOOD hair day.
    #9 - That is SO the truth!! It happens all the time! I'll come to work with short sleeves, and I'll leave the building with a group of people and a freezing gust of wind blows the door open and everyone comments on the "cold front" that must've come through....

#13 - HEY!! I say YA'LL all the time!! Come on ya'll !! I also say "fixin' to" - "I'm fixin' to go!"

#18 - It is ALWAYS under construction! It take me over to get home after work - I live 25 miles away, though... but the construction SUCKS!

#24 - That's why I wear my hair straight and down! No prob's with humidity here!!

<<<< JENNA >>>>

Thread Information