Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Pulled 455 tonight.

I've always had trouble being consistent enough with deadlifts to really get my weight up there due to a reoccuring disk injury. But, after 6 months of flareup free training tonight i set a PR with 455. no belt, no straps. 189 body weight. I'm pretty elated.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I did it the other day for one rep. But I use a belt and wrist wraps, my grip strength is pretty weak.

i'm just glad that i was able to go this heavy and not reinjure. It went up fast, i think at the end of next month i'm going to go for 505.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow dude! You da man! And after an injury? Wow, im happy to read this. It's nice to know injuries are the end all all the time. Nice work.

So, whats a disk injury feel like. I have been concentraiting on deads alot lately too. What kind of pain is it? Does it feel like your back is goin out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    i'm just glad that i was able to go this heavy and not reinjure. It went up fast, i think at the end of next month i'm going to go for 505.
    I am being pretty stupid about my injuries. Right now I have a hernia, that I have been neglecting since this past summer. I have something wrong with my back, but it only bothers me if I try to run.

a disc injury feels like you just can't get yourself upright, or your whole back goes into spasm.. i tend to fall down. it's a bitch. typically it's like that for a couple days, then you can walk, but you have pains down your legs and you just feel generally weak. Once that part is over, there's just a ton of discomfort when you're sitting/standing for a long time... and if you're lucky like me, that goes away after about a month to two.
    Last edited by Dude-Man; 04-08-2005 at 10:36 PM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Go to hell.

a disc injury feels like you just can't get yourself upright, or your whole back goes into spasm.. i tend to fall down. it's a bitch. typically it's like that for a couple days, then you can walk, but you have pains down your legs and you just feel generally week. Once that part is over, there's just a ton of discomfort when you're sitting/standing for a long time... and if you're lucky like me, that goes away after about a month to two.
    Yes, i get that if i have to stand or sit for too long, eventually i get a shooting pain down the back of my left leg. But my problems usually are cured through a night of sleep.

haha, check your pm's bk

Swellin Guest
    I can identify bro. When I broke my back I thought I would never be able to walk right. This was 11 years ago and I still have tons of problems. I recently had to give up on deads. Squats went the way of the do-do a long time ago.

Congrats on the PR.

thanks swellin.. sorry about your back. I've been fortunate enough to have a l4/5 hernia to be the worst mine's seen.

Ive started back up on Squats, for the longest time I have avoided my legs because of knee issues. I think the cartilidge has sorta come back, ive been using glucosamine for a while now. I think it helped.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    Wow 455!!! I was happy with loading plates and struggling with 300 I weigh 190, ugh I think I have some more training to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Ive started back up on Squats, for the longest time I have avoided my legs because of knee issues. I think the cartilidge has sorta come back, ive been using glucosamine for a while now. I think it helped.
    me too actually. I had surgery to repair my miniscus, which was torn and stuffed itself up under my kneecap. thanks to ****ing workman's comp being so ****ty, i had to wait 3 weeks for surgery, in which i couldn't put any pressure whatsoever on the knee, and had to keep it bent between a 45 and 60 degree angle or it was excruciating. I had a really long recovery..

i'm still squatting 100 lbs less than i deadlift

BDTR is offline Retired
    Congrats man, that's great for most lifters, nevermind an all natural lifter!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Nice Pull brotha... Good work... Now get the 500lbs you're right there...

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Congrats man, that's great for most lifters, nevermind an all natural lifter!
    can't make that claim for very much longer. Is it reasonable to throw 100 lbs on your deads on a 10 week cycle?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I added over 150lbs to mine during one cycle when I actually
    concentrated on deads.. So yeah that's a real possibility IMHO...

can't make that claim for very much longer. Is it reasonable to throw 100 lbs on your deads on a 10 week cycle?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yup, i added over 100 lbs to my dead in 9 weeks one time, i blame the anadrol

I kept it too.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Absolutely it is, but not on every cycle after!.

Thread Information