9000rpm is offline Member

Finally got back up to 300lb bench!

I'm sure it isn't much for many of you guys here, but it is for me. I'm about 180lbs now, 5'5", 26 years old. I pressed 300lbs when I was 19 years old and weighed 148. (army push ups helped)

But today, I was at the gym working chest. My first set of 225X10 felt lighter. Then I went to my normal 2nd set of 265X6 to 8. Got 8 and it wasn't that bad. So I started thinking I might be able to get 290 or 300. So I tried it, and pressed it twice.

Anyway, I was very happy,....made my day. But my goal is 315lbs. I have always wanted to press 3 plates on each side.

Wish me luck!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It is definatly a good fealing when you see the three plates on each side there.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you should try maxing out without all that nonsense before hand and see what you can really do. do a nice light warmup, then singles only as you approach your max.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    you should try maxing out without all that nonsense before hand and see what you can really do. do a nice light warmup, then singles only as you approach your max.
    I haven't really been trying for any max attempts lately. I do compete in one powerlifting competition a year at my college. They hold a small comp. that is usually ok. I did powerlift for the army for about a year while at Ft. Hood. That was when I got 300lbs and weighed 148lbs. That was without a bench shirt too.

I think I could possible get 315lbs now if I warm up for it as you said. I'll work up to it in the next couple of weeks and see where I get.

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you didn't do those sets prior, you could hit 315 with a light warmup before not till failure.

Dammit, now I'm going to have to try it next week. I'll have to take a photo so I'll have proof when I'm a wrinklely old man bragging to all the ladies at the retirement community.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    If you didn't do those sets prior, you could hit 315 with a light warmup before not till failure.
    beat you to it big guy. how come you never answer my pms?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Woops, resend the PM. Since the MJ thing i've gotten about 30 pm's and i've been hitting delete kind of fast lol.

Sorry about that.

Thread Information