Thread: Auto auctions

bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Auto auctions

Anyone here with UP TO DATE auto auction details. Actual sites I can log into to get event locations and dates?

I would like to get into buying a car or two a month from auctions and sell them maybe making 500 or 1k off them after I fix them up.
    See how it goes from there. If I dont lose my ass, maybe increase the number and then maybe look into a dealer license to get past the DMV fees and crap like that.
    NOTHING BIG like a car lot or anything. Just a few extra coins in my pocket for the time I invest.

All these websites ask for 30 dollars for lists of govt' auctions and all that. Most are scams providing year old out of date info and or cant understand any of the links.

Also. Is there an insurance that covers ANY CAR I drive. So I dont have to keep getting insurance for each car I buy?
    Is there a way around paying the DMV registration fees if I just plan on selling it right after.??

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Are you in the states?

I am in the biz. Very competitive, but if you get up and out you can make it.

The kind of insurance you will need is fleet/garage liability, covering "all" owned vehicles. You will need a license and also be required to carry a surety bond.

You will need a descent amount of liquid to get started. No past criminal record etc...

Depending on where you reside the red tape thickness varies. I'm familiar with some of the Midwest and NE state requirements. But you can run a search on the state .gov pages and come up with individual licensing requirements.

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    I am in the Auto Business in PA... very tuff to make a buck, but it can be done!

511220 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    I am in the Auto Business in PA... very tuff to make a buck, but it can be done!
    Been to the original Manheim a few times buying Volvo's...they do much better the further west you can get them

Thread Information