Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Can this be overtraining

Maby is more suited for the workout forum but this gets more traffic.

My health right now is rapidly deteriating. In the last 4 weeks I have

been through 3 colds(acctualy I never got rid if it, I have been sic constantly since 12th jaunary but just sligthely sic).
    1 stomach flue
    1 food poisoning
    got my first stomach katarr ever in my life
    Very sore joints and muscle tie ins
    Sleepy all the time
    sexdrive is gone(even though Im on test)
    Hell even my little guy isnt working properly. Im not flat out impotent, but he isnt always as sharp and happy as he usualy is...I can go soft while having sex god **** it.
    Motivation GONE, I just want to lie down and stair into the celling. Its not realy the usual depression either, I just dont care.

I am gaining strenght and looks like I am gaining muscle to while dropping fat. But I am doing a INSANE workout routine. Its only because I promised a guy to coach me for a period and to do what he says and he has me doing anything betwen 30-50 sets of each muscle and workouts is sometimes above 2 hours and then cardio for half and hour after that and 1,5 hour walks every morning. We also workout 5 days a week minimum.

I knew **** well that the workout routine would overtrain me to hell and back but how can It impact my health before my strenght and size suffers Dont call me stupid for following the routine, or well it is stupid I know that myself lol, it was just plain morbid curiosity that made me do it since I realy am a low volume guy when not doing westside.

Anyway the "symptoms" I listed are they comon for overtraining?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like OT to me.
    I'd take a week off, maybe two, to recover, see how things are then.
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Sounds like OT to me.
    I'd take a week off, maybe two, to recover, see how things are then.
    -Tock

completely off or just go into the gym and do light stuff? I have a competition in may so cant take total time off

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    completely off or just go into the gym and do light stuff? I have a competition in may so cant take total time off
    yes you can... modify your diet for the time you aren't training..

or...

just keep up the cardio without weight training..

remember weight training we want to make muscle size increase.. or harden..

so 2 weeks off.. might be exactly what you need. to bust through..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Training for a competition, eh? In that case, I dunno . . . someone who's been through that mill can probably give you experienced advice.
    Otherwise, if it was just a result of the usual training & workouts, ya, I'd just take a week or two off.
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    yes you can... modify your diet for the time you aren't training..

or...

just keep up the cardio without weight training..

remember weight training we want to make muscle size increase.. or harden..

so 2 weeks off.. might be exactly what you need. to bust through..
    thats a good point. If things keep on like this I wont be able to compete anyway. Hell I will end upp in the god **** hospital if this goes on.
    It just feels like I will break my promise to my coach. But health is the most important thing right now.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Its only because I promised a guy to coach me for a period and to do what he says and he has me doing anything betwen 30-50 sets of each muscle and workouts is sometimes above 2 hours and then cardio for half and hour after that and 1,5 hour walks every morning. We also workout 5 days a week minimum.
    That, my friend, is ridiculous.

At this rate, you're literally shortening the length and quality of life.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That, my friend, is ridiculous.

At this rate, you're literally shortening the length and quality of life.

~SC~
    Yes I know, the problem is I am a man of my word and it feels horrible to break my word to him.
    I hope he wont be grumpy about it. But I cant continue like he does no way in hell. Honestly I cant understand how his body has been able to cope with it for the years he has been workingout. But then again he has pains everywhere. Ohh well if it works for him then who am I to put it down. hes big and always cut so he mus have the genetics to handle it considering he juiced very moderatly to.
    Now I atleast know it doesnt work for me.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Do yourself a favor and get the hell away from this "coach". I would think you'd know better than this after a few years on ar! If i promised someone i'd let them help me, then they started stabbing me in the stomach saying it was help, I'd break off their arm and break my "promise".

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Do yourself a favor and get the hell away from this "coach". I would think you'd know better than this after a few years on ar! If i promised someone i'd let them help me, then they started stabbing me in the stomach saying it was help, I'd break off their arm and break my "promise".

Know better... Yeah I sure do. I just give everything a try before I dismiss it completely. I am acctualy miraculously gaining strenght and muscle, but on the expense of my mental and physical health. So it isnt worth it to me, but maby to him.

Now I have tried everything, HIT, DC, WSB, mega volume ect and I have to say what works best is wsb and dc and my bb routine based on wsb layout. I hope he is open minded enough to try my training methods for a while now when I have tried his.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    You know that workout is nuts and you also know what it's doing to you. Screw his feelings, this guy is tanking your health. If he complains do as BDTR would do and rip his arm off! Now don't start analyzing whether or not that is possible

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Id call him a farfanoogan and bitch slap him across the gym Sounds like over training

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Def OT, tell the "coach" to go f@k himself, weight training and then cardio?!?!? 2 hour workouts?!?!? 30-50 sets?!?!? WTF!?!?? He obviously doesn't know what he is doing!

Take a few days off and regroup bro!!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yes I know, the problem is I am a man of my word and it feels horrible to break my word to him.
    So it feels better to be in the state you've been for the last few weeks?

This guy sounds like an idiot, sorry.

~SC~

Thread Information