symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Unhappy Hunter S Thompson is dead

It's a sad day, hunter s thompson aka raoul duke shot himself in his home in colorado yesterday. If you are not familiar with his work he was probably one of the craziest men to live this century, and by all rights he should have been dead years ago. He is definately one of my heros, and if you read the great shark hunt among a plethora of other books he wrote it's easy to understand why. It's hard to explain the man to those who have never read him but if you get the chance you should read all his books. He wrote for rolling stone, playboy, scanlans, high times, and many more. You may be familiar with his book fear and loathing in las vegas. anyways, i created this thread out of my deepest respect for hunter, i wish he hadnt resorted to suicide. hope he rests in peace

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Last edited by symatech; 02-21-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Looks like he had some fear and loathing going on in his mellon.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    If you are not familiar with his work he was probably one of the craziest men to live this century
    Having now commited suicide, he's yet again confirmed this.

~SC~

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Having now commited suicide, he's yet again confirmed this.

~SC~
    i'm not sure if i am supposed to laugh at that

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I thought Fear & Loathing was brilliant… My he rest in peace.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I always drive properly. A bit fast, perhaps, but always with consummate skill and a natural feel for the road that even cops recognize. No cop was ever born who isn't a sucker for a finely-executed hi-speed Controlled Drift all the way around one of those cloverleaf freeway interchanges.
    I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    If I'd written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people - including me - would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle today. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect
    You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye
    We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.
    For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
    It's hard not to respect this man. It is a very safe bet to say that he pulled more **** in his life than everybody on this board put together. Before you disagree with me, read some of his books. mainly the great shark hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    i'm not sure if i am supposed to laugh at that

Just do what I do, re-open the thread many times and read it and see how it hits you.

~SC~

Just do what I do, re-open the thread many times and read it and see how it hits you.

~SC~
    i always want to laugh

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    i always want to laugh

~SC~

~SC~
    LMAO

Thread Information