sooner45 is offline Member

Surgery to stop sweating????

I remember a show a while back about some girls having surgery because they sewated "profusley". It basically made it to where you dont sweat anymore. They cut off some type of gland or something? I just wanted to look into it because I too am ALWAYS sweating! And I'm not even running mt Prop/Fina/T3 cycle yet!!! Just think how bad thats gonna be. Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone has heard of it or maybe even had it done at sometime??? Thanks fellas!!

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    I remember a show a while back about some girls having surgery because they sewated "profusley". It basically made it to where you dont sweat anymore. They cut off some type of gland or something? I just wanted to look into it because I too am ALWAYS sweating! And I'm not even running mt Prop/Fina/T3 cycle yet!!! Just think how bad thats gonna be. Anyway, just thought I'd see if anyone has heard of it or maybe even had it done at sometime??? Thanks fellas!!
    i know a forum about sweating info,you have pm

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I wouldn't sweat it.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I wouldn't sweat it.

~SC~
    LOL, Niiice!

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I saw a bit about htis on 60 minutes and apparently it is a risky operation. Alot of people have been permanently screwed up by the procedure. I wouldn't evn think anout it.

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    I would think that you would retain lots of water wait.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Where do you sweat from?

There is a condition known as hyperhydrosis I have it and sweat even in 60 degree weather from the armpits.

anyway the only thing that works for me is a powerful deoderant called certain dry completley stops you from sweating. not to healthy in the long run though.

Anyway the surgery is very risky first they cut a small hole in your chest or back and fill the chest cavity with carbon dioxide to collapse your lung so they dont risk puncturing it. Then they stick a small probe in and cut a nerve that is attached to your spine that the brain sends the message to the gland from. So your brain still sends the message but it cant reach the gland anymore.

marka is offline Associate Member
    do you sweat because you get nervous easy, or just for no reason?

Quote Originally Posted by marka
    do you sweat because you get nervous easy, or just for no reason?
    Probably all of the above bro. I just sweat when I'm sittin at my desk a tthe office, I HATe it, its nerv-racking and uncomfortable. I cant wait till I get in the car to turn the a/c on high! And I sleep at nights with my a/c around 60-65. No Lie!

skinnyhb is offline Member
    if you are like me, once you start sweating you get anxious about the fact that you are sweating, which only adds to the problem. i have decided that my brain is the cause of all of my problems.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyhb
    if you are like me, once you start sweating you get anxious about the fact that you are sweating, which only adds to the problem. i have decided that my brain is the cause of all of my problems.
    I can relate to that too...

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I have hyperhydrosis as well, have had it since 6th grade. (i'm 38 y/o ). I read recently that botox was an effective treatment, but my Doc hasn't heard of this and couldn't confirm it. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read it.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    my sis is a doc, and i asked her about this, she said its not worth the risks. If u lets say cut the nerve thingy so u wont sweat from ur armpits then you would sweat more from somewhere else. She even told me about this guy who had it done, and now his palms are always wet, i mean they are so wet that its like he just washed them..dripping sweat.

yeah and i have the sweat problem too its so freaking hard, and i too think the problem is that when i sweat i think about it and that makes me sweat even more ..

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe they use a laser now for that...My mom and sister both work for a plastic surgeon...I can get some info for you if youd like...?

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    I believe they use a laser now for that...My mom and sister both work for a plastic surgeon...I can get some info for you if youd like...?

OG
    yeah i think we would all like some more info on this

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    yeah i think we would all like some more info on this
    Fer sure bro! I'll ask them about it tonight and see if they have any literature on it...

OG

Fer sure bro! I'll ask them about it tonight and see if they have any literature on it...

OG
    i appreciate it bro, thnx alot

lol i had a dumbass question that doesnt have anything to do with aas... below the nickname where it says like "junior member" and stuff.. do u change it by yourself or does it change depending on for how long you have been a member ?...

Here's some good info bro...Im also waiting to hear back from my sister...My Mom's Dr. doesnt do it she said.....Ohh and your member title changes with your post count...

OG

Treatment of Excessive Sweating
    ( Hyperhidrosis )
    Overview
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Excessive sweating from under the arms (medically known as focal axillary hyperhidrosis) is a relatively common condition leading to significant embarrassment and social inhibition for its sufferers. It causes problems for people in all walks of life and occupations, shortens the life of clothing and no amount of washing or showering reduces the problem.

Traditional treatments for this condition have included surgical removal of all the skin of the armpits to include the sweat glands so that sweating is reduced. This may require the use of skin grafts to cover the area from which the skin has been removed, producing significant disfigurement. As most sufferers of Hyperhidrosis are relatively young, this is a very invasive form of treatment. An alternative treatment is cervical sympathectomy, a procedure which involves cutting the nerves in the neck which stimulate the sweat glands to produce sweat. This again is an invasive procedure and although it can effectively reduce sweating under the arms, about 40% of people who have had the procedure develop compensatory excess sweating at other sites, for example the face and lower trunk which can be just as bad, if not worse, than the original problem.

In recent years it has been found that Botox can safely and effectively treat hyperhidrosis with very little risk of any significant side effects. The treatment often becomes effective within several days, leading to a significant reduction in the amount of sweating and the improvement can last around three to four months. The treatment can be repeated as necessary. The treatment involves a starch-iodine dye test to identify the areas affected followed by the injection of tiny amounts of Botox in a grid pattern over the affected skin. Unlike the use of Botox for lines and wrinkles where the toxin is injected through the skin into the underlying muscles, in the case of hyperhidrosis the toxin is injected very superficially into the skin itself. There is a small amount of discomfort during the treatment but no anaesthetic is required. We have found this procedure to be one of the most gratefully received amongst our clients.

Other information on hyperhidrosis
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Helpful products

Your local pharmacist has products that might be helpful.

For example:

Talcum power and cornstarch powder (e.g. Zeasorb) can be helpful in absorbing the sweat in mild cases.

If you have not tried stronger antiperspirants (strong solutions of aluminium chloride e.g. Driclor and AnHydrol Forte) these can be used for armpits, hands and feet. They are applied 2-3 times a week at night and washed off in the morning to avoid damage to clothes. Application can be very effective especially for underarm sweating. However they can cause the skin to become irritated over time. If this happens you should consult your GP.

If you have already tried some of these stronger products and you are still suffering then you should consult your GP who has a number of other treatment options available to them.

For example:

Medication you can take by mouth:

Antimuscarinic drugs - these are tablets or capsules that reduce the activity of the nerves supplying the sweat glands. They do affect the body’s entire nervous system and can cause side effects like dry mouth, drowsiness and constipation.
    Beta-blocker drugs also act on the nervous system but their side effects are usually less troublesome. They may help if sweating is made worse by stress and feelings of anxiety. They are not suitable for everyone because some people with certain medical conditions cannot take them.
    Anxiolytic drugs (tranquillisers) may be helpful if anxiety is found to be a problem but there are side effects and they are often not recommended long term.

Types of treatment

Types of treatment usually available on referral to hospital

Iontophoresis
    Iontophoresis is the delivery of mineral or drug ions through a mild electrical current in a shallow pan of water. Ordinary tap water is the usual medium, but some clinicians add the anticholinergic glycopyrrhonium bromide to enhance the effects. A person’s natural electrical charge being negative, positive ions in the water flow straight through the sweat ducts, interrupting the sweating process by an unknown mechanism. It is a treatment that has been in clinical use for several decades, and is not dangerous. Few people report any discomfort, save some tingling, and sometimes a dry mouth. (For safety’s sake, anyone who is pregnant, has an orthopaedic implant, or has problems with their heart or breathing should not undergo iontophoresis.) The treatment is mild enough overall that patients often perform their own follow-up sessions at home. The price of the portable unit, available from STD Pharmaceuticals UK or Drionics USA, is now within most people’s reach. The treatment schedule depends on the machine used but will often include 3-4 treatments in the first week with longer time intervals between the remaining initial sessions to achieve an effect. Most patients’ sweating eases after 4 to 7 treatments, and thereafter they will need maintenance sessions, perhaps weekly or monthly. These sessions are thought to be safe and may be continued indefinitely. Iontophoresis is suitable for hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet but not for underarm sweating.

Botox
    Small doses of Botox are injected into the skin where the sweating is greatest, blocking the action of nerves that supply the eccrine (sweat) glands. This stops the glands from producing sweat. Treatment totally blocks the nerve ending for about 6-12 weeks but then new nerve endings start to form. This means the effects of treatment last for several months but will eventually wear off. Most patients notice some positive changes within the first week after treatment. The effects do wear off over time, which is when you will need your next treatment; this usually happens after an average of 3-4 months.

Surgery
    There are two types of surgery:
    Subcutaneous sweat gland curettage. This is the surgical removal of the over active sweat glands under anaesthetic. It is generally thought to reduce sweating by up to 50% in sufferers.
    Transthoracic sympathectomy (cutting of the nerves that the supply the glands). A direct electrical current is applied through a laparoscope (key hole surgery) to cause destruction of tissue and if needed partial removal of the involved nerve fibres and ganglia in the spine (T2 and T3) under general anaesthetic, to provide long-term elimination of palmar (hands) and axillary hyperhidrosis. It is highly effective at stopping the sweating on the palms and under the arms but there is between 40-69% risk of compensatory hyperhidrosis (new areas of excessive sweating, usually on the trunk and lower parts of the body). Patients are usually required to stay in hospital overnight.
    Other useful sources of information: http://www.skincarecampaign.org

Living with hyperhidrosis

Practical tips

There are several things that you can do that might be helpful:
    Choose clothing that will keep you cool. Natural fibres like cotton are cool but they absorb sweat and can stay damp once they get wet; some synthetic fibres are warm but they draw sweat away from the body and feel dry. You may find it more comfortable to have a change of clothing available during the day.
    If your feet are the problem try using absorbent insoles and leaving shoes to dry out rather than wearing the same pair on consecutive days.
    Keep your work environment cool and well ventilated.
    Avoid the food and drinks that seem to trigger your sweating. These are different for everyone and you will probably know what causes problems for you.
    Stress, tension and anxiety are common for everyone, although people with hyperhidrosis may have extra difficulties coping with the sweating. Think about how you can reduce stress during the day, plan your activities carefully and try to make time to relax.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    My palms sweat constantly. Doesn't matter what the conditions are. It sucks big time when I am with a female and she wants to hold hands or something.

They are wet right now!!!!!!!!!!!!**** Im cursed

Here's some info on the laser process...

OG

Smoothbeam laser treatment may help improve hidradenitis suppurativa but not Hailey-Hailey disease.

Downs A.

South West Laser Centre, Exeter Nuffield, Exeter, UK. Anthony.Downs@rdehc tr.swest.nhs.uk

The attributes of the Smoothbeam laser--a 1450 nm diode laser--were considered likely to improve two distinct chronic conditions of flexural skin: Hailey-Hailey disease (HHD) and hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). METHODS: A series of laser treatments were given to the axillae of one patient with each condition. RESULTS: Treatments were painful but tolerated. There were no adverse sequelae following laser treatment. For the patient with HS, partial improvement was achieved after four treatments and sweating was notably reduced. Intermittent laser treatment may be needed to maintain or build upon the improvements gained. Longstanding HS cases, however, with established sinuses and thick scar tissue are unlikely to be helped by this form of laser treatment. There was no subjective or objective improvement seen in the patient with HHD. The only notable beneficial effect was a marked reduction in sweating and elimination of the malodour. CONCLUSIONS: Subsurfacing laser treatment in contrast with resurfacing laser treatment has no benefit in the management of HHD. Why the Smoothbeam laser causes sweat reduction is not known--and its clinical value has yet to be established.

OK i just spoke to my sister...She said her Dr. uses Botox for hidradenitis. The laser process is to new right now....I hope all this helped bro...good luck!

OG

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Anyone that has an underarm sweating problem then I highly reccomend getting a product called certain dry its a deoderant that you put on at night and it completley closes the pores off from sweat.

Its the only thing that has worked for me it contains aluminum which isnt to healthy in the long run but if you take enough antioxidant youll be straight.

It took about a week or 2 when I first started for it to work but now I only have to use it once every week or so.

It can work for the hands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Anyone that has an underarm sweating problem then I highly reccomend getting a product called certain dry its a deoderant that you put on at night and it completley closes the pores off from sweat.

Its the only thing that has worked for me it contains aluminum which isnt to healthy in the long run but if you take enough antioxidant youll be straight.

It took about a week or 2 when I first started for it to work but now I only have to use it once every week or so.

It can work for the hands as well.
    Where can you get this at? Is it perscription???? And thanks OG for all the good info!!!!

Where can you get this at? Is it perscription???? And thanks OG for all the good info!!!!
    Anytime brudda...

OG

BiGMiKE70 is offline Junior Member
    get some drysol made me stop sweating

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that the more weight i gain, the more i sweat.

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I find that the more weight i gain, the more i sweat.
    That would explain why fat guys sweat alot

OK i just spoke to my sister...She said her Dr. uses Botox for hidradenitis. The laser process is to new right now....I hope all this helped bro...good luck!

OG
    thnx alot for the good info bro

Thread Information