Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone seen the movie "The Grudge"?

OMG that movie scared the living sh!t outta me!!!!!
    I normally like scary movies, but dammmmn!!! This one definately topped them all. I was ready cut the lights on and tv off about 30 minutes into it! Anybody seen it?

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    this movie is soooooooooooooo scary its the first horror movie that scared me like this , i watched it on dvd , it so scary, the japanese are doing good in the horror movie industry,also the production company is called "ghost house" lol

Is it really that scary? I'm gonna have to go rent it.

what make this movie scary is when u watch it u feel like u r in the middle of a nightmare its like a nightmare.

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Not ment to flame you but, IMO it was the WORST movie I have ever seen (horror wise) Now talk about how not to make a horror movie and then "the grudge" is the perfect example... they should of labled it as a comedy... I mean cmon this a little kid that meow's, sum1 stuff him in a nightsack and shut that kid up... Then their's a little girl that crawls around the floor like a bum making wierd noises, we already have enoughf of these on the streets cmon they need better ways to make horror movies I laughed my @$$ off at this movie literaly... The meowing guy got me laughing alot, the 1 part were that girl had her jaw ripped off I said outloud "man she must deepthroat good" and when they show that ghost look at the camera I laughed because I rememberd this 1 guy who is really black and thats what it looks like when its pitch black and he opens his eye's( no offense I'm friends with this guy he's pretty funny) And what was up with the asian guard dude with that big old flashlight???? HAHAH hilarious.... If you ask what is a scarey movie the asnwer isn't "the grudge" Unless you were to ask What isn't a scarey movie then it would be the answer....
    Last edited by unclemoney; 02-22-2005 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YounG_SluG11
    Is it really that scary? I'm gonna have to go rent it.
    he11 yeah it's scary!! I agree the japaneese never cease to amaze me.
    rent it, watch it by yourself, late at night on a big tv turned up loud. I dare ya

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    he11 yeah it's scary!! I agree the japaneese never cease to amaze me.
    rent it, watch it by yourself, late at night on a big tv turned up loud. I dare ya
    Sweet, I'll do that...

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    You still think it's scarey?? Well I could easiley get any1 over their fear you would just have to watch it with me I had about 20 good funny ass comments on the movie that I said while watching it with my friends and I had them and me going.... I would never pay money to watch that movie ever again and we saw it at the theatres but my friend works their so we got in for free, if we woulda payed to get in I woulda been p!ssed

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Not ment to flame you but, IMO it was the WORST movie I have ever seen (horror wise) Now talk about how not to make a horror movie and then "the grudge" is the perfect example... they should of labled it as a comedy... I mean cmon this a little kid that meow's, sum1 stuff him in a nightsack and shut that kid up... Then their's a little girl that crawls around the floor like a bum making wierd noises, we already have enoughf of these on the streets cmon they need better ways to make horror movies I laughed my @$$ off at this movie literaly... The meowing guy got me laughing alot, the 1 part were that girl had her jaw ripped off I said outloud "man she must deepthroat good" and when they show that ghost look at the camera I laughed because I rememberd this 1 guy who is really black and thats what it looks like when its pitch black and he opens his eye's( no offense I'm friends with this guy he's pretty funny) And what was up with the asian guard dude with that big old flashlight???? HAHAH hilarious.... If you ask what is a scarey movie the asnwer isn't "the grudge" Unless you were to ask What isn't a scarey movie then it would be the answer....

Now I never said it was a good horror movie bc it isn't that great. I'm just saying it scared the SH!T out of me. I wish i found it to be humerous. Might could have saved a few pairs of undees

the 1 part were that girl had her jaw ripped off I said outloud "man she must deepthroat good"
    u made me remember an episode of "seinfeld" wher george scream in the theatre " thats gonna hurt!" just to get some attention lool

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    i thought the girl looked like michael jackson... specially when she came up in the ladies bed covers haha...

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    I, thought it had it's moments, made me jump a few times, but over all I, kind of found it to be more humorous than scary.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Breeze
    I, thought it had it's moments, made me jump a few times, but over all I, kind of found it to be more humorous than scary.
    Precisely!

~SC~

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Bullsh!t your mommy said you peed in your pants watching it

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I saw the japanes original and thought it was utter crap. I havent seen the americans but **** nothing can make that story good.

Dark water on the other hand that **** is scary as hell.

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah that i thought it was scary. esp the part where the girl turns around w/ her jaw missing

BDTR is offline Retired
    utter crap, and I have one of the largest horror collections around.

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    I thought it did have some moments, but no matter what it still beats the hell out of the saw(GARBAGE!!!)

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm have to pick it up friday... ill let ya know

betatest is offline Associate Member
    I couldn't take it seriously when she started haunting with that really bad window reflection. Laughed out loud at that part.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    it was ok....i give it a C+

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I saw the japanes original and thought it was utter crap. I havent seen the americans but **** nothing can make that story good.

Dark water on the other hand that **** is scary as hell.
    yeah, like i said the story could have been much better...but i still looked like this the whole time. lol

Any other movies that scared ya'll sh!tless???
    johan mentioned Dark Water. any others?

Quote Originally Posted by fitnessguy
    Any other movies that scared ya'll sh!tless???
    johan mentioned Dark Water. any others?

prince of darkness, in the mouth of madness and the thing. All 3 carpenter movies and they are incredibly good. No jumpy scare effects more like a very unplesant atmosphere in the movie.

Event horizon is pretty unnerving to. Its not that good, but something about it disturbs me greatly

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I've seen the Ju-on and The Grudge, I think they're ok. I don't really get scared by horror movies anymore, but the best ones in my opinion revolve around a sense of hopelessness, such as the first Evil Dead & the Exorcist. Also, some of the titles that offer a different take on the genre are good too, such as the first Ginger Snaps, or Dellamorte Dellamore (aka Cemetary Man), or the original Dawn of the Dead (the remake was good too, but it stressed a different idea).

I know this is a bit off topic, but a new version of the Amnityville horror is about to come out. The original movie sucked, but the book was incredible. The ending in the book is entirely different and superior, I don't get why they didn't use it.

anyone watched the " house of 1000 corps" this movie had no visual effects but if u imaging your self in the place of the victims u will be scared and the atmosphere is so scary 2 and u feel no one can help the victims.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Probably the first movie in a long time thats actually made me jump! I thought it was a good movie, deffinately one to watch with a load of mates round and a few ladies.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Soon your going to say that the ring was a good move aswell...

Horror movies arent what they used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by palme

Quiet old man.

Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK
    Quiet old man.
    Im younger then bdtr!!!

**** palme the ring IS good. One of the best horror movies in a long time. When she walks out of the tv in the end that freaked me out and I aint easily freaked out by movies

what horro movies do you think is good`?

nah the ring was **** mate

BiGMiKE70 is offline Junior Member
    that movie sucked they made it look like it was a good horror flick and it was horrible.

**** palme the ring IS good. One of the best horror movies in a long time. When she walks out of the tv in the end that freaked me out and I aint easily freaked out by movies

what horro movies do you think is good`?
    Please...you had seen that scene in the trailers on tv (19 times/day)! How the **** could that scare you!?!?

I like zombie movies, alltough they arent scary, they crack me up haha!

nah the ring was **** mate
    how can you like ju on but hate the ring The ring is like the ULTIMATE japanese horror movie. Only beaten by dark waters.

how can you like ju on but hate the ring The ring is like the ULTIMATE japanese horror movie. Only beaten by dark waters.
    lol coz i can. the ring was crap -period. the grudge was good.

Please...you had seen that scene in the trailers on tv (19 times/day)! How the **** could that scare you!?!?

I like zombie movies, alltough they arent scary, they crack me up haha!
    I must have missed the trailer I guess cause I never saw it. Maby that is what saved the movie for me

old crappy b horror movies with ridicilous special effects rocks When you get the chanse watch cannibal ferrox 2. Its not a cannibal movie(or well they get chased by cannibals for 5 minutes). But the movie is packed with cheesy stuff, laughed my ass of to 2 scenes in particular that was so horribly porly done

lol coz i can. the ring was crap -period. the grudge was good.

to the people who have seen both. Is the american grudge better then the japanese? The only scene I found disturbing in the whole movie(japanese)is when the girl comes crawling down the stairs

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    After watching it, I was just happy that I didn't spend the $9 to see it in the theatre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information