Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Handshakes

  1. #1
    gya321's Avatar
    gya321 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    DOES IT MATTER..?
    Posts
    953

    Handshakes

    What type of handshakes do the people do in your area? The open hand slap closed hand tap, or the regular firm grip, maybe something else. In california we do the first one

  2. #2
    xfade7's Avatar
    xfade7 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    The middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    779
    open hand slap... close hand tap.. regular firm grip... hmmm in kansas there are all 3. depends on where you are. gym - closed hand tap, meeting a friend open hand slap, someone new or someone you're not real good friends with its a regular firm grip (formal usually)

    xf

  3. #3
    redmeat's Avatar
    redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,355
    I also go with a firm handshake. All that high five slapping crap just seems kind of childish. Shake hands like a man.

  4. #4
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    Just a firm handshake, nothing crushing, just firm enough to show confidence.

  5. #5
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,828
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    I also go with a firm handshake. All that high five slapping crap just seems kind of childish. Shake hands like a man.
    Amen brother!

  6. #6
    gya321's Avatar
    gya321 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    DOES IT MATTER..?
    Posts
    953
    Out where Im living now Ive been doing a regular firm grip, a met someone a couple times
    and when to give them the regular grip and they tried a slap. Luckily I grabbed the hand in time to carrry out the firm grip approach

  7. #7
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by gya321
    Out where Im living now Ive been doing a regular firm grip, a met someone a couple times
    and when to give them the regular grip and they tried a slap. Luckily I grabbed the hand in time to carrry out the firm grip approach
    Yeah that akwardness sucks when you go for a different shake.

  8. #8
    slizzut's Avatar
    slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,881
    I usually spit on my hand then slap their ass

  9. #9
    redmeat's Avatar
    redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by gya321
    Out where Im living now Ive been doing a regular firm grip, a met someone a couple times
    and when to give them the regular grip and they tried a slap. Luckily I grabbed the hand in time to carrry out the firm grip approach

    I think that just makes the other person look like a jackass. You end up with the firm handshake, and they're in this stupid limp wristed position.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    I bump fists alot.

  11. #11
    redmeat's Avatar
    redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I bump fists alot.

    That's cool unless someone's wearing rings. Then it's just a one-sided match of bloody knuckles.

  12. #12
    Jantzen4k's Avatar
    Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    $ Make The World Go Round
    Posts
    3,388
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    open hand slap... close hand tap.. regular firm grip... hmmm in kansas there are all 3. depends on where you are. gym - closed hand tap, meeting a friend open hand slap, someone new or someone you're not real good friends with its a regular firm grip (formal usually)

    xf

    agreed.

    gotta give a good squeeze on frim grip

  13. #13
    gya321's Avatar
    gya321 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    DOES IT MATTER..?
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    I think that just makes the other person look like a jackass. You end up with the firm handshake, and they're in this stupid limp wristed position.
    Yeah thats pretty much what happened.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •