SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member

ESPN Steroid Series--more PROPAGANDA!

Bob Hazelton was on today, 56 year old former heavyweight boxer (lost to Ali, knocked out Foreman). This guy took Dianobol only for 6 months, then switched to Deca only. Doctors told him that he was getting blood clots in his legs from the juice and he needed to stop. He was "addicted" and couldn't stop. His legs gangrined and needed to be amputated. Now, he's an anti-juice advocate crying in front of Congress and doing PSA's.

IF YOU ABUSE/OVERUSE ANYTHING , IT'S HARMFUL. I HATE THIS ONE-SIDED JOURNALISM.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    Bob Hazelton was on today, 56 year old former heavyweight boxer (lost to Ali, knocked out Foreman). This guy took Dianobol only for 6 months, then switched to Deca only. Doctors told him that he was getting blood clots in his legs from the juice and he needed to stop. He was "addicted" and couldn't stop. His legs gangrined and needed to be amputated. Now, he's an anti-juice advocate crying in front of Congress and doing PSA's.

IF YOU ABUSE/OVERUSE ANYTHING , IT'S HARMFUL. I HATE THIS ONE-SIDED JOURNALISM.
    How the hell could juice cause gangrine? Did he cut upp the muscle with a knife and then poure the juice into the wound or what

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    WTF?

You know if these idiots did some research they wouldn't have these problems. D-bol for 6 months, then Deca only. So he shredded his liver, then threw his hard-on out the window. What a tool!!

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Total BS! I feel sorry for the guy but, Id like to know how many mgs per week he was injecting...Notice how they never mentioned that...The Dr. they interviewed mentioned it....He said injecting "HIGH" doses of AS could be dangerous. Im willing to bet he was injecting well over 1000mgs per week for years....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    How the hell could juice cause gangrine? Did he cut upp the muscle with a knife and then poure the juice into the wound or what
    He probably had an abscess from injecting and never did anything about it...

OG

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I swear I'm going to start a public access show called:

"The truth about Anabolic Steroids "

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    I swear I'm going to start a public access show called:
    "The truth about Anabolic Steroids"
    Hell yeah, but just watch as our "freedom of speech" automatically gets taken away

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    yea he said his calve just split in half and he saw his flesh .
    i don't understand how that can happen,
    that **** is sick

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    There are a couple things that hold water and a lot that did not. His issues came from a blood clot in his legs requiring amputation. Could this be a result of AAS use? Possibly, but you could never pin point that for sure. The blood clot could be an increased RBC issue or he could have family history of thrombosis/stroke/etc. for all we know. If he were only mentioning running Deca and Dbol then he wasnt abusing steroids period! I know for a fact he wasnt running Deca at 1000mg+ every week because no man could stay married running that by itself for 17yrs. I honestly doubt that he 'abused' AAS nor do I believe that any of his issues were caused by AAS use. If AAS use is the culprit for all of his problems then why are so many older AAS users still healthy? Lou Ferrigno doesnt need a wheelchair, Arnold doesnt have blood clots, as a matter of fact I have never so much as even heard of anyone getting gangrine as a direct result of AAS use and if that is the true case where is the medical documentation showing this as a side like you commonly see on other health risks?

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    There are a couple things that hold water and a lot that did not. His issues came from a blood clot in his legs requiring amputation. Could this be a result of AAS use? Possibly, but you could never pin point that for sure. The blood clot could be an increased RBC issue or he could have family history of thrombosis/stroke/etc. for all we know. If he were only mentioning running Deca and Dbol then he wasnt abusing steroids period! I know for a fact he wasnt running Deca at 1000mg+ every week because no man could stay married running that by itself for 17yrs. I honestly doubt that he 'abused' AAS nor do I believe that any of his issues were caused by AAS use. If AAS use is the culprit for all of his problems then why are so many older AAS users still healthy? Lou Ferrigno doesnt need a wheelchair, Arnold doesnt have blood clots, as a matter of fact I have never so much as even heard of anyone getting gangrine as a direct result of AAS use and if that is the true case where is the medical documentation showing this as a side like you commonly see on other health risks?

You lost me there....You know for a "fact" huh....Sorry, but unless you were there with him you cant make that blanket statement....

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    You lost me there....You know for a "fact" huh....Sorry, but unless you were there with him you cant make that blanket statement....

OG
    Yeah you are right fact wasnt probably the best grammatical selection, but lets use some deductive reasoning given the information presented in the pack and realize he wasnt running 2+ grams of gear. In all honesty high doses is all relative. My idea of high doses isnt remotely the same as others. Consider what B8K considers a high dose what BDTR considers high dose. To me running just Dbol and Deca is not a high dose at all. Besides consider the fact that he was 6'3" and 220lbs after 17yrs of AAS use. Hell I have done 3 cycles and have exceeded that with a 4" disadvantage. I just doubt that with all the information presented that he was a 'high' dose user.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    OMG im watching it right now.. i cant believe this ****..this dude abused steroids , knew nothing about them and paid a price of losing his legs and blames it all on the steroids and not his stupidity...fawk him

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    im not saying i dont feel bad for a guy who lost both of his legs but to try to educate people on how bad they are and talking to congress on how we need to stop the usage of these things piss me off..

Quote Originally Posted by phatmark
    this dude abused steroids, knew nothing about them and paid a price of losing his legs and blames it all on the steroids and not his stupidity
    This is an argument I dont understand though. How does using no test lead to him losing his legs? How can taking a drug prescribed for cachexia be considered abuse? It wasnt like he was using something different than all of us are. Sure by today's standards its not an ideal cycle, but neither is tapering, 10mg of dbol , once weekly test E injects, all orals, etc. I dont know that you can hold 'old school' AAS users to the same standard as today's users. There was no real information. I just think it is circumstantial that he had blood clots and AAS use concurrently.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    This is an argument I dont understand though. How does using no test lead to him losing his legs? How can taking a drug prescribed for cachexia be considered abuse? It wasnt like he was using something different than all of us are. Sure by today's standards its not an ideal cycle, but neither is tapering, 10mg of dbol, once weekly test E injects, all orals, etc. I dont know that you can hold 'old school' AAS users to the same standard as today's users. There was no real information. I just think it is circumstantial that he had blood clots and AAS use concurrently.
    It's pure shock value. If a guy dies of a heart attack or liver failure, you could blame it on other factors like diet, alcohol, etc. However, bilateral leg amputation is 1.Very rare and highly shocking and 2.Harder to justify than the others and therefore, "easier" to blame on the juice.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by SMYL_GR8
    It's pure shock value. If a guy dies of a heart attack or liver failure, you could blame it on other factors like diet, alcohol, etc. However, bilateral leg amputation is 1.Very rare and highly shocking and 2.Harder to justify than the others and therefore, "easier" to blame on the juice.

i agree.

its so easy to blame on gear and not on yourself.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    did you guys see the one today???

i read this story a while ago. the kid took steriods in highschool and hung himself.

they blamed it on steriods because it 'causes mood swings'

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    in sports illustrated they had an article on jason giambi, they said "he took a clomid pill which gives you a lot of strength when its mixed with test" ,idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k

they blamed it on steriods because it 'causes mood swings'
    I have said this here before and will say it again. I DO believe that AAS use led to his suicide. The reason I say this is because apparently he had no idea of PCT nor did he run it. Therefore his levels had to have been in the cellar. I know of guys personally that have taken AAS and not used PCT and do drastic stuff that indicates depression symptoms like fail out of college, quit caring about work, life, etc. One of the number 1 reasons why doctors recommend HRT to older men is for mood enhancement. LOW TEST=DEPRESSION a lot of times.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    I have said this here before and will say it again. I DO believe that AAS use led to his suicide. The reason I say this is because apparently he had no idea of PCT nor did he run it. Therefore his levels had to have been in the cellar. I know of guys personally that have taken AAS and not used PCT and do drastic stuff that indicates depression symptoms like fail out of college, quit caring about work, life, etc. One of the number 1 reasons why doctors recommend HRT to older men is for mood enhancement. LOW TEST=DEPRESSION a lot of times.
    maybe, but there were other factors most likely

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    maybe, but there were other factors most likely
    This too may be the case but you cant over look the importance of PCT. I venture to say if he were an educated user he would still be alive today. I've seen guys f*ck up their lives because they have no idea what PCT is. If I hadnt seen it myself I dont think I would believe it.

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?...ght=depression

Thread Information