rixyroids is offline Associate Member

My dads thinking of suicide

tell your parents you love them and talk to the more often

i found out my dads been contemplating suicide and at the mo its the only thing i can think of. my parents divorced last summer and he cudnt hack it, so has been a bit suicidal. i dont know if hel do it, but it will b on my mind for the rest of my life. i just wish i hadv spokn to him more about it, i feel like the ****tiest person in the world

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by rixyroids
    11)tell your parents you love them and talk to the more often

i found out my dads been contemplating suicide and at the mo its the only thing i can think of. my parents divorced last summer and he cudnt hack it, so has been a bit suicidal. i dont know if hel do it, but it will b on my mind for the rest of my life. i just wish i hadv spokn to him more about it, i feel like the ****tiest person in the world

Very sorry to hear that man - but you can do something about it now - its not too late

its hard tho bro, im in a different country and i dont know what he dus most days. i guess if it happens it happens, and we all have to get on with things. just sad rly to hear it, i found out a few weeks back like, il never get over it.worst news iv ever heard

sorry to jack ur thread bro, keep it going guys

vettewreck is offline Banned
    call him everyday just to shoot the sh!t. It will let him know someone cares.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Yes a phone call is a good thing.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    pull a suprise visit bro!!!! Drop everything and get over to see him

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck
    call him everyday just to shoot the sh!t. It will let him know someone cares.
    Absolutely!

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Bro, you are sounding like it is already too late. Phone, email, instant message, and mail letters. Let him know that you care (because it is easy for us all to see from your thread). Let him know brighter days are ahead of him!

I am due back in 3 weeks. i would fone him every day, but i know he is always working, and busy. its at those times it hardest, i can never tell if he is working or gone off somewhere to end it all. man this is so difficult, iv been lucky in a way that iv never had someone very very vlose to me die, but my dads my rock, and i rly do need him.

its rly difficult, everything i do now, i feel like i might be letting him down, and he might b so disappointed it will give him reason do finish it. i dont kno rly, its so difficult to see things clearly. i always took things for granted, funny how things can change so fast. i wish i cud leave where i am and go home forever. thanks for the support guys this is really appreciated, it sure does help to talk, i just hope this can be done with my dad!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Sorry to hear man, my brother tried twice 3 years ago. Still dont like it when i know his going to be alone.

I went through a period of Severe Depression awhile back. The love of my children saved the day. CALL, CALL, CALL. Visit if you can, when you can. A little love goes a long way..

Good Luck.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    if ""i was You"" i would do everything in my power to contact my father and let him know all about how u feel towards him and help him to look on the brighter side of life if ""i was in YOUR position"" i would call around to the local Escourt Service and get my dad some Loving from an azn .

the thing is he has a new woman in his life, someone i know could make him happy. he works withher as well so i know if hes down he could go see her

the thing is is that that still isnt enough. i had a teacher in school who had only turned 30, and had this gf who was stunning and he was engaged to her for a few weeks. he took his own life for reasons unknown, so i know that the woman wont change it.

i guess its down to me and my brothers to show him what he means to us. just no matter how much i try, i know it only takes 2-3 minutes of his own time to do it. im gona rly try now guys, thanks so much

dood if has a woman (companionship is crucial for maintaining ones healthy persona) and life seems on the positive side.. get him some professional help asap i mean AT ALL Costs

yeah im gona have to, i cant stay sane like this

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    but my dads my rock, and i rly do need him.

Make sure you tell him this.

Not sure how old you are but some parents seem to lose a sense of purpose when their children are grown and out of the house.

My father never thought about suicide (not that I know) but he is a major alcoholic. We had a falling out and did not speak for a couple of years.

When my wife became pregnant, I called to tell him. I told him he was going to be a grandfather and I really needed his help/advice on raising a child.

We speak at least once or twice a week on the phone (he lives a few states away from me) and his drinking has slowed way down.

He just needed to feel needed I guess.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Make sure you tell him this.

Not sure how old you are but some parents seem to lose a sense of purpose when their children are grown and out of the house.

My father never thought about suicide (not that I know) but he is a major alcoholic. We had a falling out and did not speak for a couple of years.

When my wife became pregnant, I called to tell him. I told him he was going to be a grandfather and I really needed his help/advice on raising a child.

We speak at least once or twice a week on the phone (he lives a few states away from me) and his drinking has slowed way down.

He just needed to feel needed I guess.
    I agree.. I think dad's are always left in the background in comparison to mothers.. Dad's still need to know they are appreciated and wanted around other then earning the bread

I think dad's are always left in the background in comparison to mothers..Dad's still need to know they are appreciated and wanted around other then earning the bread
    n' thats why i woulda bot my dad an Escourt!~

Wrath is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I agree.. I think dad's are always left in the background in comparison to mothers.. Dad's still need to know they are appreciated and wanted around other then earning the bread

Man....that is extremely insightful stuff needmore!!

Get your pops some help, go see him, do something!! Be PROACTIVE instead of REACTIVE

hope everything works out

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    its hard tho bro, im in a different country and i dont know what he dus most days. i guess if it happens it happens, and we all have to get on with things. just sad rly to hear it, i found out a few weeks back like, il never get over it.worst news iv ever heard

sorry to jack ur thread bro, keep it going guys

Good luck with your dad, bro......

PS. thanks to the Mod who butchered my thread..(not that this isn't a more profound topic)...But it would have sure been nice to beable to respond to my own thread!!!

I received the ultimate hijack

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Tasteless...JMO

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i def get the shame on you award

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i'am sorry to hear that bro i hope it work's out for you

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm speaking on behalf of someone who knows a lot about depression and suicide, a good friend of mine:

"You may think that he's too busy to hear from you because he's "always working" but now, every single one of your actions to show that you care and that his life has meaning has a tremendous impact on his mental health. Even calling him in the middle of the night, to say that you have a problem keeping you up and you just really needed advice (make something up) can give him the sense of self worth that he needs to keep going. You love your father. Let him know it. "

Thread Information