BARLOW is offline Senior Member

New strain of HIV Discovered....

Bloomberg) -- New York City doctors have discovered a man with a previously unseen strain of HIV that is resistant to three of the four types of anti-viral drugs that combat the disease, and progresses from infection to full-blown AIDS in two or three months, the health department said.

"We've identified this strain of HIV that is difficult or impossible to treat and which appears to progress rapidly to AIDS," said New York City Health Commissioner Thomas Frieden. "We have not seen a case like this before. It holds the potential for a very serious public health problem."

The case was diagnosed in a New Yorker in his mid-40s who reported multiple male sex partners and unprotected anal sex -- often while using the drug crystal methamphetamine.

"It is likely there are others infected with this strain and this individual has infected others," Frieden said. The case is "extremely concerning and a wake-up call," he said.

Read the full story here:
    http://www.bloomberg.com

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    multiple male sex partners and unprotected anal sex
    Looks like they found the problem...

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Anyone dumb enough to have unprotected sex with a total stranger deserves everything they get.

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Anyone dumb enough to have unprotected sex with a total stranger deserves everything they get.
    especially w/ a dude in your bunghole, while on crystol meth....

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yeah that should be one of those things that goes without saying.. but it isn't. Just ask Full intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    especially w/ a dude in your bunghole, while on crystol meth....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    cant they just find a cure for this **** soon

vettewreck is offline Banned
    I caught NGU (non-gonicocuel urithratis (sp?)) from my g-friend of 3 years. She cheated on me, caught it, then gave it to me. It was curable but still sucked to have it!! So not everyone deserves what they get.......she was also the girl I lost my virginity to....So how like 'dem apples!!!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    like Chris Rock said there is no money in a cure there is money in keeping your a$$ alive for 50 years.

jc3
    jc3 is offline Member
    All joking aside, this is some scary sh*t! I wish people would chill on the craziness. If everyone would do what they can for prevention, this and othere disease's could be controlled if not beated. It the rapid spreading and carelessness that allow the continuous growth of these diseases and the death tolls that go with it....JC

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc3
    All joking aside, this is some scary sh*t! I wish people would chill on the craziness. If everyone would do what they can for prevention, this and othere disease's could be controlled if not beated. It the rapid spreading and carelessness that allow the continuous growth of these diseases and the death tolls that go with it....JC
    I think you mean "beaten".

Beated is what you did to yourself last night after watching CHiP's....you know you love Eric Estrada!!

no money in finding a cure like said above...... there is a cure for cancer and stds prolly... but its such a big market......

no money in finding a cure like said above...... there is a cure for cancer and stds prolly... but its such a big market......
    Well do you think the researchers would keep such a find secret. That would be to big a conspiracy to hide. No freaking way. No man could be so selfish to knowingly let millions die just for cash. Not to mention alot more then one man would be involved

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc3
    The guy was a freaking meth addict you think he cares about who hes having sex with. To my knowledge that $hit is just as bad if not worse than crack. Now there are prob a bunch of junkies in NYC with this ****. Then one of them has sex with a crackwhore, then the crackwhore has sex for some dough so she can buy crack. Or even better has sex with her crackdealer who has sex with a bunch of crackwhores....you guys can see where I'm going with this. Anyway this crap scares the hell outta me bc not only do I live in the greater NY area but STD's in general scare me as it is. now we got Super-STD's. Freaking Great!

And to anyone who's thinking about cracking a joke about me being worried about having sex with crackwhores, dont. It aint funny. I got a friend who got HIV at 17 and its prob the worst thing I've ever seen including any of my friends who've died. With this you pretty much die slowly and sit around and wait to die which scares me more than a fairly quick death.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    this is why gayness should be illegal. I freakin hate std's. How the **** do these diseases become resistant to drugs?! God ****it

It's like god is tryin to stop people from having sex. Well he shouldant have givin us genitals i guess, and he shouldnt have created gay ppl.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    this is why gayness should be illegal. I freakin hate std's. How the **** do these diseases become resistant to drugs?! God ****it

It's like god is tryin to stop people from having sex. Well he shouldant have givin us genitals i guess, and he shouldnt have created gay ppl.
    they evolve, it was only a matter of time, and since their life cycle is so short they evolve at a very rapid rate.

Also the anti-gay stuff isn't cool bro. keep that to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981

Not like homosexuellas created std's. What the **** does even that has to do with std's. Sure the risk of infection is bigger if you screw someone in the ass but that goes for girls to. So instead ban all butt****ing

BDTR is offline Retired
    Without homosexuality and IV drug use, HIV would have never hit the mainstreem.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Do you realy belive that? Sooner or later it would spread anyway. Not only homo's have unprotected sex. Maby it would have spread slower but eventualy it would be just as big.

What disturbs me is the zero effort to contain it from goverments.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Female to male contraction of HIV is very low even if unprotected, male to female is higher but anal is the highest. Gays spread it like wildfire living unprotected sexually deviant lifestyles. It never would have spread like this if it wasn't for that, and it could have been contained quite a bit better. The only reason the efforts to contain it weren't made sooner is because it was only impacting sections of society that the higher powers didn't really care about, ie; blacks, iv drug users, gays etc..

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    well i'm glad i'm not an ass pirate

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    that ****s not cool. homos are the ones that spread aids in the first place. now they're spreading super aids

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    well, maybe just maybe, scientists will develope somthign to combat the super aids. its this kind of **** that makes me think twice and scares the **** out of me when thinking about having sex with random girls which is why i dont.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    also, you would think that this may not be an impossible task to contain this strain.

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    Female to male contraction of HIV is very low even if unprotected, male to female is higher but anal is the highest. Gays spread it like wildfire living unprotected sexually deviant lifestyles. It never would have spread like this if it wasn't for that, and it could have been contained quite a bit better. The only reason the efforts to contain it weren't made sooner is because it was only impacting sections of society that the higher powers didn't really care about, ie; blacks, iv drug users, gays etc..
    Dude you really dont believe that do you, let me tell you a fact did you know that hetrosexual are having more anal sex then homosexuals, simply because their are more hetrosexuals. True that the greatest way to spread std is through anal sex, since there is more trauma, and the anal section has antigen presenting cells which present the virus to the cells they duplicate in - Tcells. It is also well know that with all the medicine we have now, we could have controlled aids if we had these same medicine 50-6oyrs ago, when the virus was weak, it has simply mutated with time making it almost impossible to get rid off. And besides if it is only a gay disease, then how did hetrosexuals get infected? The highest risk for getting aids is having multiple sex partners - wasn't their a poll done on ar-r recently were people were happily stating that they had sex with more then 40 females, these are the people you should be worried about and not homos. I've only been with my wife and that is more to brag about since i am in the low risk group.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Aids spread from homosexuals to the mainstream heterosexual public through a few paths. IV drug use, Blood Transfusions and Bi sexuals.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Well do you think the researchers would keep such a find secret. That would be to big a conspiracy to hide. No freaking way. No man could be so selfish to knowingly let millions die just for cash. Not to mention alot more then one man would be involved
    ummm..... a few scientists in africa have claimed to find a cure... but ya know what? it has to pass through their big ass board of health.... just cause someone finds it and wants to sell it doesnt mean he can.... other people are making to much money off the disease as is.

Ybear is offline Junior Member
    man what a ****ed up world we live in!!! monkeys homos meth head hitting ass pretty ****ed up man!!

challenge me and i will succeed

PurePower is offline Senior Member

100% correct bro.

Wish I could go on a rant

ummm..... a few scientists in africa have claimed to find a cure... but ya know what? it has to pass through their big ass board of health.... just cause someone finds it and wants to sell it doesnt mean he can.... other people are making to much money off the disease as is.
    Wouldnt that be a pretty big news. If it was realy true that they had found a cure then it would be over the news. No matter what corrupt orginasation tries to keep it away from the public it would get attention. Hell the scientisc that found it should go straight to the papers and tv stations and get ****loads of attention so they get a push in getting it approved

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Wouldnt that be a pretty big news. If it was realy true that they had found a cure then it would be over the news. No matter what corrupt orginasation tries to keep it away from the public it would get attention. Hell the scientisc that found it should go straight to the papers and tv stations and get ****loads of attention so they get a push in getting it approved
    or they could just be killed or threatened? your dealing with some major mofo's on that issue.

Thread Information