bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor

children learn what they live....

my aunt gave me a framed plaque with this on it. it is well worth the read.

if a child lives with criticism,
    he learns to condemn.

if a child lives with hostility,
    he learns to fight.

if a child lives with ridicule,
    he learns to be shy.

if a child lives with shame,
    he learns to feel guilty.

if a child lives with tolerance,
    he learns to be patient.

if a child lives with encouragement,
    he learns confidence.

if a child lives with praise,
    he learns to appriciate.

if a child lives with fairness,
    he learns justice.

if a child lives with security,
    he learns to have faith.

if a child lives with approval,
    he learns to like himself.

if a child lives with acceotance and freindship,
    he learns to find love in the world........

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Great post BigKev, big bump.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Bro, no flame here. Been around kids all of my life. My wife is a teacher. I have one question for you:

How the hell do you reason with a child????

I don't think BigKev's post says to not discipline children and reason with them. There is a fine line between both. Nothing replaces a good "swat" on the ass at appropriate times though. That's whats wrong with children today. Parents try and sit a 2 year old down and have a 20 minute "reasoning" session. Give me a break!! I learned plenty from a good ass wooping from the old man!

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-28-2002 at 06:33 PM.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    My parents were old school. You got out of line you were going to know about it. And I tell you what I never did it again. Tday, it seems as iff kids are always pushiung the envelope. Of course, I am not a parent (yet) so I have no room to speak on disciplining a child. I can only throw my tow cents in.

Good post Kev!

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    well said kev....well said

There's no book in the world that will teach how to discipline every child in every way. If anyone claims to know how to do this, then they are full of sh!t. If a book says "Never" spank a child, then see the 2 sentences before this one.

Swatting a kid on the ass doesn't break their spirit (well it does temporarily). I still have PLENTY of spririt - got my ass wooped plenty often. I knew who was boss around my house and whose rules to live by. Welcome to the real world. Love my parents more than most kids whose parents "reasoned" with them. I knew if I screwed up, I'd get my ass wooped. If at school I got licks by the teacher or principle, then I would have licks waiting on me at home. Parents didn't even ask. If you got licks at school, you got licks at home. No doubting the teacher or principle like there is now. Principle can't even spank a child anymore. Now there are kids bringing guns to school. I guess their parents should have reasoned with them more??!!

Kids whose parents reasoned with them went home to get reasoned with when they got in trouble. Big f*cking deal!! Those are the kids that really got in big trouble later on!

peace,

ttgb

there is a differance between a spanking(that doesnt really hurt anything but the feelings) and a beating. discipline is a must. but, the line between beating and discipline is very defined. i think attention and love are the main components in raising happy children. just like attention and love are the keys to a happy relationship. show them that they are loved and wanted 100% of the time, and all else will follow.

BTW BigKev, Good Post. Children are our future. Very good thoughts to remember!

peace,

ttgb

my parents where very old school, i mean ass whuppings! but, i think that just made me angry and mean. you just have to keep love in the discipline. dont lose your cool and fly off the handle.

i am pretty good with kids and i think its because i truly love children, it doesnt matter who's they are. and as long they know you care about them, genuinly(and believe me, kids know) they will respect you. being big and having a deep voice doesnt hurt either!

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    my dad followed the footsteps of his dad before him, so on and so forth...so when i was bad as a kid it was the belt....

Originally posted by bigkev
    being big and having a deep voice doesnt hurt either!
    No shit, I think I would do what ever the hell you said to do even now (and I'm 30!). Maybe the older you get the more common sense you obtain!! lol

peace,

ttgb

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Thumbs up

Very touching sweetie................. and Very true i might add................

MinnieMe..........

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I was brought up in an old school environment and there was not much distance between getting a slap and a punch.What did it teach me , never to hit my kids.My old man and I came to blows when I was 19 and I ended up with a broken nose and him a few stiches above his eye,so discipline as Big Kev rightly says is a fine line.

I tell my kids off (never shouting)and give them a stern look and they know I,m not fucking around and more often than not they will cry just from that.Thats the end of it once they have been told off we don't dwell on it whats done is done and they have been told off.

Funny I was always slapped yet I have never laid a finger on my kids guess I did learn something off my old man.Don't be an asshole to your own kids.

I think another way of bringing kids up is to teach them that not only are you their parent but you are their best friend and they are yours.

4plates is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Billy Boy

I think another way of bringing kids up is to teach them that not only are you their parent but you are their best friend and they are yours. [/B]

i have 3 children and that is the way we are.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I guess it works better as they get older but I feel it is the right way as you obviously do bro - nice one

Thread Information