PiecinItUp is offline Member

Absinth....anybody?

Anyone order a bottle of real absinth online and had a good experience? If so, tell all where and what it was like...ever since I saw Eurotrip i've wanted to try it but haven't gotten around to it, I found one site that seemed expensive but im not sure of the conversion of 75CL to OZ or Liters or whatever, anybody know?

100 bucks for 75CL

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    l loive beerte

PiecinItUp is offline Member
    There are a few drunk off wine, including me...what are you drunk off of?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    75CL seems like itd be the same as 750mL aka a fifth...

I ordered 20CL and it was exactly 6 shots... me and a friend each took 3 and we got pretty drunk but didn't hallucenate or anything sweet like that.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I've drank some in europe and some in the USA, and I gotta tell you that the stuff I had in europe knocked me on my ass, while the stuff imported to the united states was just a strong bad tasting drink. I think it has to do with the worm wood percentage that can be legally imported. Not sure though.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    do a search on the net for a absynthe kit. friend of mine got one comes with a bottle of absynthe, the sugar spoon, and the glass. if you dont know what im talking about watch the movie "from hell" that was johnny depps kick in the movie. only he added Laudem(sp) into his cocktail which is an opium derivative i believe. that will knock your socks off hahaha

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    absynth? pah! polish stuff my sister in laws mum gets in is 90% alcohol!!

yea you can get grain alcohol 80-90% in a few places. that gets you drunk, the absynthe make you trip and gets you drunk.....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Order it? I take a trip to my local liquor store and buy it off the shelf.

ahhh thats what i wanted to know!! good ill be smuggling some from canada this summer when i make my annual pilgramage to montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Order it? I take a trip to my local liquor store and buy it off the shelf.

do you live in canada?

I have wanted to try it sinced my prof. at college told us his story about it!

Alex

He he he reminds me when I was in college... an italian buddy of mine had his grandfather send him Grappa from the Italian Alps. Grandpa brewed the stuff himself...

No need to tell ya it had a kick on it like a rabid mule tripping out on LSD

Grappa... the smoothest rocket fuel I ever tasted

Red

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    I drank it from most european countries, I have to say the best one came from Poland and Slovakia........but don't expect that much, its just reaaaaally strong alcohol, the halucinations are BS

RED KETCHUP......I love grappa, its apple schnaps, tastes real good and has a high alc % - I always drink it when I go skiing to Italy, that and prunja (don't know how to spell it, its the same thing but made from plums)

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    my friend ordered the 20CL (6 shots i think). he said he was tripping face for the whole night (off 3 shots)

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I've drank some in europe and some in the USA, and I gotta tell you that the stuff I had in europe knocked me on my ass, while the stuff imported to the united states was just a strong bad tasting drink. I think it has to do with the worm wood percentage that can be legally imported. Not sure though.
    Yes, I've tried real absinthe (smuggled into the US by a friend after his trip to Europe). Tasted good. I didn't drink enough to get blasted on it, but I had enough grappa before it to buzz on both.

As far as I recall, real absinthe is banned from the USA. I believe only imitations and deviated versions of absinth are allowed here. That's why the real stuff knocked bdtr on his butt and the imported stuff didn't do much.

Some info on absinthe:

The substance Thujone (a chemical that occurs naturally in wormwood) is banned by the FDA. This chemical is what gives absinthe its mild hallucinogenic properties. You will not see fairies flying around. However, after two glasses it is possible to see slight color changes on white surfaces. The true hallucinogenic part has to do with the fact that you feel drunk, yet clearheaded. It also--supposedly--enhances creativity. This is one of the reasons many artists and poets drank it.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 02-26-2005 at 12:26 PM.

bor
    Drunk yet clearheaded, thats well put!

zuke is offline Member
    i drank some in england. i was tore up but i don't remember hallucinating... then again, i don't remember how i got home that night either

zuke is offline Member
    i'm pretty sure that i tried karoake for my first and last time that night tho...

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    From what I have heard the absinth of today is nothing like the stuff of old. There are restrictions to ow much wormwood and stuff they can put in it. I have heard that it is overhyped, didn't stop me from getting some Czech absinth, didn't get that buzz though.

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    i drank some in england. i was tore up but i don't remember hallucinating... then again, i don't remember how i got home that night either
    The stuff in england isn't the real deal. You can get the real stuff in the czech rep and a few other european countries.

bor
    yep, chezch rep, slovakia and poland

Thread Information