KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member

Arnold "No regrets about steroid use"

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...egger_steroids

Schwarzenegger: No Regrets About Steroids

Sat Feb 26, 8:52 AM ET U.S. National - AP

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites), who has acknowledged using steroids during his years as a champion body builder, said he doesn't regret using the performance-enhancing drugs.

In an interview to be broadcast Sunday, Schwarzenegger told ABC's George Stephanopoulos, "I have no regrets about it, because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors' supervision."

Schwarzenegger has acknowledged taking steroids, but pointed out that they were legal at the time.

"We were experimenting with it. It was a new thing. So you can't roll the clock back and say, 'Now I would change my mind on this,'" he said, according to an excerpt posted on abcnews.com.

The former seven-time Mr. Olympia said he would not encourage drug use because it sent the wrong message to children. But he said he had no problem with athletes taking nutritional supplements and other legal substances to improve their performance.

I think many people fail to realise that it was legal back then (and up until 1991 I believe).

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Politically speaking, if anyone can get away with it and in style to boot, it's Arnold. Two thumbs up IMO.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Politically speaking, if anyone can get away with it and in style to boot, it's Arnold. Two thumbs up IMO.
    I agree.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    i dont think hes proud he did it, but hes not ashamed either.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I wouldnt be ashamed either. I dont think he would be where he is today unless he had used AS. I dont mean that as a flame to him but he did get pretty big very quickly. But that dude is something else though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    I wouldnt be ashamed either. I dont think he would be where he is today unless he had used AS. I dont mean that as a flame to him but he did get pretty big very quickly. But that dude is something else though.

they interviewed franko columbo on espn, and he said that arnold was huge and winning bodybuilding competitions before he started using steriods .

Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    they interviewed franko columbo on espn, and he said that arnold was huge and winning bodybuilding competitions before he started using steriods.
    Right, but I think what he meant was that he wouldn't have achieved the level he did (Winning the Olympia numerous times) without AAS. The oak answered that question perfectly. I think it's funny how people are still to this day making a big deal out of his AAS use, like he's out there endorsing it

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Right, but I think what he meant was that he wouldn't have achieved the level he did (Winning the Olympia numerous times) without AAS. The oak answered that question perfectly. I think it's funny how people are still to this day making a big deal out of his AAS use, like he's out there endorsing it
    he's pretty smooth, he says the right answers, isnt he on HRT?

oh i agree.

well he recently veto'ed a bill that would test highschool athletes for steriods and performance enhancers (like creatine probably and stuff like that). they think he veto'ed it becuase he is PRO-Steriods, when infact he wanted them to resubmit the bill with just steriod testing and not with performace enhancers, which makes sense cause that **** is legal anyway. but ofcourse they dont say that and only that arnold is pro-steriods

media turns the story around once again.

That's the media for you.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I think it's funny how people are still to this day making a big deal out of his AAS use, like he's out there endorsing it
    No kidding. The last time I checked he hasn't sent petition to Congress demanding the decrimilization of steroids ......yet People all across the board talk about using illegal drugs in the past like weed and cocain, etc, but steroids seem to be on everyone's hot button now so whoever has used it is going to be targeted by the media for a while.

I doubt Arnold will do anything to make life easier for AAS users as far as the law, but he can make life easier for all of us by not following suit with the "evil steroids-evil supplements" bandwagon that people are using for political leverage. It'll at least be one more person in power that approaches those issues with common sense.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you know if I would be arnold I would say

Ja no steroids then no mister oLYMpiaaaa, then no PUmpiN IIIIron movie, then no movie conkracts after, then me not on screens, then me not known me not da governor of Kalifurnia, ja! John Campbell im a cop you idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    you know if I would be arnold I would say

Ja no steroids then no mister oLYMpiaaaa, then no PUmpiN IIIIron movie, then no movie conkracts after, then me not on screens, then me not known me not da governor of Kalifurnia, ja! John Campbell im a cop you idiot!
    Your exactly right, he wouldnt be where he is today without steroids .

Hulk hogan is another example would he have had all the success he did as a pro wrestler if he hadn't used steroids he may have done well in life without them who knows. But he would never been the big wrestler kids loved and payed money to see.

Theres countless other atheletes out there who wouldnt have had the success they've had without steroids.

well thats my opinion anyway

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Arnold is the MAN!!!

Thread Information