goalkeeper is offline Junior Member

Interesting thing happened to me in the gym today!!

Hey guys...I wanted to get your thoughts on this...

Today when I went in to the gym to renew my membership the owner sat my partner and I down and told us that there is rumor about us using steroids . More my partner than I. Last year, he asked me if I was selling them, I told him no, but I did use them. I probably should have told him to kiss my ass then, but out of curiousity...can he legally not let me re-join (keep in mind I have never had any problem there...I am courteous, quiet, clean, dressed appropriately, and even put my weights back because he THINKS that I am on steroids?

Keep in mind that both my partner and I denied current steroid use .

I know I should tell him to f-off...so that is not what I am looking to hear. I am more curious as if I was legally violated in any way, and/or if I have a case in the event that he does not let me rejoin

Peace,
    GK

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    tell him to eat a dick, wut kinda gym r u working out at in the 1st place??

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    tell him to eat a dick
    I agree.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Send him a card and a box of choclates. He might fancy you and allow you to train for free, just watch your back.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    he prolly just wants some gear bro , hook a playa up lol

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    sorry dude, but he has the right to refuse service to anyone...

even meatheads... lol

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    When he isn't looking slip him a few drols in his drink,keep doing this for a few days,the bitch tits will keep his mouth shut

believe it or not, this is happening at a world gym

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleDave
    sorry dude, but he has the right to refuse service to anyone...

even meatheads... lol

Exactly

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    If my gym didn't let people in bc they used steroids , they would go out of business...

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalkeeper
    Hey guys...I wanted to get your thoughts on this...

Today when I went in to the gym to renew my membership the owner sat my partner and I down and told us that there is rumor about us using steroids . More my partner than I. Last year, he asked me if I was selling them, I told him no, but I did use them. I probably should have told him to kiss my ass then, but out of curiousity...can he legally not let me re-join (keep in mind I have never had any problem there...I am courteous, quiet, clean, dressed appropriately, and even put my weights back because he THINKS that I am on steroids?

Keep in mind that both my partner and I denied current steroid use .

I know I should tell him to f-off...so that is not what I am looking to hear. I am more curious as if I was legally violated in any way, and/or if I have a case in the event that he does not let me rejoin

Peace,
    GK
    Yes, he can kick you out, legally.

The owner is probably far more concerned with whether or not you are selling steroids than whether you're using them. If he learns that you're selling steroids and does nothing about it, he could be arrested on the basis of his tacitly giving you permission to sell steroids (by his knowing and not doing anything to prevent it).

He may have been aware of gym owners who have been busted for selling or allowing sales of steroids to take place and is just covering his butt.

Every gym owner knows people use steroids . The smart gym owners are fine with allowing steroid users into the gym as long as the members do not sell steroids on the premises.

My suggestion to you, is: if the gym owner brings it up again (not you or your partner), then just deny the steroid use and promise him that you have not and will not sell any steroids. Then you need to keep your trap shut at the gym about anything to do with steroids. It kills me when people talk about things openly in the gym as though no one can hear them--sound travels and some people have good hearing. Just get your lifting parntner to agree NOT to talk about any steroids--not even in code. I think the meatheads who talk in "code" about steroids are funny to listen to. Everyone knows what they are talking about, yet they seem to be the only ones who think they are fooling the world.

Apparently something you've done or said has caused someone in the gym to go directly to the owner. So you need to lay low permanently with respect to that gym.

If you're are selling steroids, then--OBVIOUSLY--you need to stop and to kill any business you're doing at that gym. Stop selling to people who workout there even if you conduct transactions off premises (becasue other people will talk). If the money is too important to you to be smart about this, then at least quit the gym and move to another--IF you are selling.

You've gotten a warning from the owner by his bringing this up. Be smart and heed it.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-01-2005 at 01:11 AM.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    id go to him before he came to you. straight up tell him "we arent juicin. we arent sellin. we like this gym but if you want us to join another gym, then ok. if not, we'll stay here" That puts the decision directly on his shoulders and most people dont like the responsibility of 'being the bad guy' to good people. it makes you (whether you are or not..hehe) sound like the good guys and he would be the bad guy kickin you out.

i guess it is legal to kick anyone out, but is it legal to center someone out of a group based on rumor or how they look? Thats probably what this is about. You guys probably look big, so you must be doing steroids ...what a stereotype. so i dont know how legal it really is. thats like me managing a restaurant. i suspect some guy is doing drugs, people have told me that after work, he looks like a druggie, but in work, he looks like he belongs, comes in on time, works hard, no problems. is it legal for me to fire him because people say they think hes doing drugs?? I dont think so. good question.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    if he dropped it with your last meeting, and its not like he is thinking about what he should do, then i would disregard my 1st paragraph and mind your own business and just work out (like bask8case said).

the funny thing is , that i am not that big (6' 210 pounds) and i have been off of steroids for a while (until recently) truthfully, the only reason he would haev to think i used steroids is because i shrunk since i have been there...not grown!

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalkeeper
    the funny thing is , that i am not that big (6' 210 pounds) and i have been off of steroids for a while (until recently) truthfully, the only reason he would haev to think i used steroids is because i shrunk since i have been there...not grown!
    If we all used that logic I could accuse half of the folks at my gym. Mark

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i would have said 2 words " fu-ck you "

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Yes, he can kick you out, legally.

The owner is probably far more concerned with whether or not you are selling steroids than whether you're using them. If he learns that you're selling steroids and does nothing about it, he could be arrested on the basis of his tacitly giving you permission to sell steroids (by his knowing and not doing anything to prevent it).

He may have been aware of gym owners who have been busted for selling or allowing sales of steroids to take place and is just covering his butt.

Every gym owner knows people use steroids . The smart gym owners are fine with allowing steroid users into the gym as long as the members do not sell steroids on the premises.

My suggestion to you, is: if the gym owner brings it up again (not you or your partner), then just deny the steroid use and promise him that you have not and will not sell any steroids. Then you need to keep your trap shut at the gym about anything to do with steroids. It kills me when people talk about things openly in the gym as though no one can hear them--sound travels and some people have good hearing. Just get your lifting parntner to agree NOT to talk about any steroids--not even in code. I think the meatheads who talk in "code" about steroids are funny to listen to. Everyone knows what they are talking about, yet they seem to be the only ones who think they are fooling the world.

Apparently something you've done or said has caused someone in the gym to go directly to the owner. So you need to lay low permanently with respect to that gym.

If you're are selling steroids, then--OBVIOUSLY--you need to stop and to kill any business you're doing at that gym. Stop selling to people who workout there even if you conduct transactions off premises (becasue other people will talk). If the money is too important to you to be smart about this, then at least quit the gym and move to another--IF you are selling.

You've gotten a warning from the owner by his bringing this up. Be smart and heed it.
    Yup I would bet the gym owner has recieved complaints at one point... ps.. I can't believe nobody's said anything about your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Yup I would bet the gym owner has recieved complaints at one point... ps.. I can't believe nobody's said anything about your avatar

you like el sanchez??

1819 is offline Senior Member
    tell him yes. then tell him he looks like he could use some. if he threatens to call the police, tell him that some of them are your best customers. then tell him to open up a ball room dance hall. then kill himself. just kiddin. if this is the owner of the gym, respect his wishes regardless of his reasons. if its just a manager then tell him to piss off.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Any onwer/manager has the legal right to refuse service to anyone at any time and for almost any reason. Once they do, they open themselves to a lawsuit though, so they rarely refuse service to anyone. But I doubt you would be suing them over this since you probably wouldn't want to draw any attention to your steroid use .

Your smartest move would be to not follow your emotions and tell him off like we all would, because this would definetely cause him to not let you re-join. Just be nice and cordial to him and try to reassure him that you do not sell steroids .

absolutebob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    Any onwer/manager has the legal right to refuse service to anyone at any time and for almost any reason. Once they do, they open themselves to a lawsuit though, so they rarely refuse service to anyone. But I doubt you would be suing them over this since you probably wouldn't want to draw any attention to your steroid use .

Your smartest move would be to not follow your emotions and tell him off like we all would, because this would definetely cause him to not let you re-join. Just be nice and cordial to him and try to reassure him that you do not sell steroids.
    I agree. Like he said they do have the right to refuse service but they can be sued. One of my friends owns a club in Atlanta and he wanted to do guys 21 and girls 18 but his lawyer told him he could open a can of worms as in law suits.

Thread Information