Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Who has a sh**ty job like me!?!?!

Who here has a sh**ty job?

Heres mine:

I am currently delivering newspapers on a commercial route. Bad hours, hard work and rude people. Not to mention that fact that every time I leave the house there is a chance of me getting robbed or some crap working amongst the crack heads and bums who lurk the streets at those hours. I also get hassled by cops frequently. They pull me over all the time and they are like "What are you doing out here this late" and when I respond delivering newspapers they want to check the van out and crap making me later than I already am. The sad part about it is that the van I use has signs on it that says newspaper delivery in progress and I have noticed that its always young cops who pull me over. We'll enough venting I have to get to work.
    Last edited by BUBBA74; 03-12-2005 at 06:28 AM.

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    not me, sorry man

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    that sucks. ive had ****ty jobs in the past but right now im doin alright. good luck

Angelis is offline Banned
    D@mn bro sh*tty job but nothing beats when I used to work in a slaughter house (we also processed the animals)

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    D@mn bro sh*tty job but nothing beats when I used to work in a slaughter house (we also processed the animals)
    **** that takes the cake for sure. you worked in a meatpacking plant? isnt that one of the most dangerous jobs in the US?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    What's a job?

I am 31, that is too old to be working. I let my money work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    **** that takes the cake for sure. you worked in a meatpacking plant? isnt that one of the most dangerous jobs in the US?
    Im from Canada so im not sure

But I know if the job wouldnt have killed me my GF would have if I came home smelling like that place (I didnt have a GF while I was working there... I wonder why )

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Yeah I know how some of you feel,I'm looking for new alternatives.I'm thinking about getting into real estate investing.

talltanman is offline Associate Member

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I work in the Petrochemical industry as a QA/QC Coordinator. Right now we are in the middle of first quarter shutdowns. Keep in mind that I am working 7 days a week 13 hours a day. ( YEA THAT'S RIGHT 91 HRS PER WEEK) I have been on this schedule since second week of January (I think)
    It's hard to get my weight training, cardio, nutrition, & rest just right. Guess I will just have to deal. Also, my company puts me up in a hotel when I am working out of town as I am now. All I have is a small fridge and a microwave. No stove, oven, freezer, etc… I realize that these are all just excuses, but 91 hours a week seems like a pretty good excuse all on it’s own. Did I mention I am working night shift? 5:00 pm to 6:00 am.

Quote Originally Posted by talltanman
    I work in the Petrochemical industry as a QA/QC Coordinator. Right now we are in the middle of first quarter shutdowns. Keep in mind that I am working 7 days a week 13 hours a day. ( YEA THAT'S RIGHT 91 HRS PER WEEK) I have been on this schedule since second week of January (I think)
    It's hard to get my weight training, cardio, nutrition, & rest just right. Guess I will just have to deal. Also, my company puts me up in a hotel when I am working out of town as I am now. All I have is a small fridge and a microwave. No stove, oven, freezer, etc… I realize that these are all just excuses, but 91 hours a week seems like a pretty good excuse all on it’s own. Did I mention I am working night shift? 5:00 pm to 6:00 am.
    I bet that big fat paycheck makes up for it huh!!!!!

I did that **** at a meat processing plant worked 12 hour shifts only got 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks,it was ****ty but the paycheck at the end of the week made up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX

I did that **** at a meat processing plant worked 12 hour shifts only got 30 minute lunch and 2 15 minute breaks,it was ****ty but the paycheck at the end of the week made up for it.
    How much where u making I made like $11CDN/Hr the money wasnt worth the job and the humiliation of smaelling bad. And I had to air out and deoderize my car severly like every day.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Got tired of being a fluff girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    What's a job?

I am 31, that is too old to be working. I let my money work for me.

irish bulldog is offline Senior Member
    im a full time wank8r thats a good job

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    How much where u making I made like $11CDN/Hr the money wasnt worth the job and the humiliation of smaelling bad. And I had to air out and deoderize my car severly like every day.
    Only $7.50/hr could have made more if I stayed there but politics and piss poor managment forced me to leave well that and they screwed me out of a job

talltanman is offline Associate Member

I do OK

Yea the paychecks are nice, but I do this about 10 months out of every year for the past 10 years. Starting to get to me. Never worked in any other industry. My Girlfriend is a Chemistry Professor (Phd.) She complains about her job & I tell her to stick it in her ear. She doesn't know what pressure or a ****ty job is.

BDTR is offline Retired
    You got fired from a job that pays 7.50 an hour? Man you and juggy should hang.. i think he makes about 5 now.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    Only $7.50/hr could have made more if I stayed there but politics and piss poor managment forced me to leave well that and they screwed me out of a job

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Got tired of being a fluff girl?
    Didn't get tired. Just got outbidded. How do you get by bdtr, working for free and all?

BDTR is offline Retired
    exotic dancer in my spare time.

You got fired from a job that pays 7.50 an hour? Man you and juggy should hang.. i think he makes about 5 now.
    See the thing is that I shouldn't have gottten fired.They go by a point system there,your alloted a certain # of points,go over that and your canned.Well the mother ****ers pointed me out which they shouldn't have,checked the records and they were adding points such as all of us got to go home early one day that shouldn't count as a point but it did,stuff like that I should have fought it but didn't.

BDTR is offline Retired
    ahh that sucks then. How did you live on 7.50? That wouldn't even cover my food bill.. ****.

ahh that sucks then. How did you live on 7.50? That wouldn't even cover my food bill.. ****.
    Rent is very cheap here,food and other bills weren't too bad and the overtime was helping out.

To the top!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    im gunna have to go with.. bouncing at an OKLAHOMA REDNECK BAR.

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    I make a hundred bucks a night to sit on my ass, eat, and look at naked girls.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Im the kind of person who wont do a job if it is crap. I mean why bother putting urself threw sumit you dont enjoy ? I once started a job and walked out 10 minutes into it

decadbal is offline Banned
    that job sucks, i did it for like 3 weeks in college and said phuck that.. i feel your pain bro

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    I also get hassled by cops frequently
    --------------------------------------

dont put this crap here----------------CYCLEON

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Who here has a sh**ty job?
    Worst job I ever had was killing dogs, back when I was a dogcatcher for the City of Dallas.
    We'd have about a thousand or so strays in kennels at any given time, and we'd keep 'em 5 days, then put 'em to sleep. During the summer the dogs would usually be covered with grape-size ticks, and they'd fall off and climb the cinderblock walls . . . to help deal with the emotional trauma of the job, we'd develop a gallows sense of humor; sometimes we'd pick the ticks off the wall and squish 'em between our fingers and let the juice spray on each other. Ya, gross, but hey, when you're killing boxes full of adorable little puppies night after night after night, strange things happen to your mind.

Dunno if it makes any difference, but over 90% of us dogcatchers were Capricorns . . .

That's the worst job I ever had. Got some awful pix to show for my time there . . .

-Tock

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Post Pics Plz

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    Im the kind of person who wont do a job if it is crap. I mean why bother putting urself threw sumit you dont enjoy ? I once started a job and walked out 10 minutes into it
    Man you sound like some of my family!!! When I start bicthing about my job they ask me why dont I shut up and get a new one?!?! The problem is its convenient for me not to work during the day and the pay isnt half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Worst job I ever had was killing dogs, back when I was a dogcatcher for the City of Dallas.
    We'd have about a thousand or so strays in kennels at any given time, and we'd keep 'em 5 days, then put 'em to sleep. During the summer the dogs would usually be covered with grape-size ticks, and they'd fall off and climb the cinderblock walls . . . to help deal with the emotional trauma of the job, we'd develop a gallows sense of humor; sometimes we'd pick the ticks off the wall and squish 'em between our fingers and let the juice spray on each other. Ya, gross, but hey, when you're killing boxes full of adorable little puppies night after night after night, strange things happen to your mind.

Dunno if it makes any difference, but over 90% of us dogcatchers were Capricorns . . .

That's the worst job I ever had. Got some awful pix to show for my time there . . .

-Tock

Wow this is the perfect example on why I started this thread!!! That job sucks 1000 times more than mine. I couldnt make a living killing dogs. Maybe if it were hogs or something like that but not dogs.

Quick question: How are dogs put down at the "humane" society? Ive always wondered about that.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I work in a fast food place part time while I go to school full time.....its not really that bad, except for the fact that they rarely schedule me for any hours, so I'm pretty much on call all the time.....luckily I know the hours they like to have me come in for so I can work around it. But it still sucks because sometimes they'll call me at an inconvenient time but I feel obligated to go in anyway because I can really use the money right now.....and they have made it clear they don't intend on scheduling my hours any differently I think they do that with all of the non-full time workers, so I can't say I feel singled out or that its unfair......

xfade7 is offline Member
    delivering and assembling fitness equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    I make a hundred bucks a night to sit on my ass, eat, and look at naked girls.
    Ive thought about DEEBOWING some drunks for a living.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    I'm unemployed and loving it

Wow this is the perfect example on why I started this thread!!! That job sucks 1000 times more than mine. I couldnt make a living killing dogs. Maybe if it were hogs or something like that but not dogs.

Quick question: How are dogs put down at the "humane" society? Ive always wondered about that.
    Well, this was at the City pound, not a humane society.
    We'd give 'em 1 cc of sodium pentabarbitol for each 15 lbs of bodyweight, and try to get it into a vein. 50% of the time things went ok, the dog had a good vein, didn't struggle, our aim was good, and the dog had a peaceful and gentle end. The other 50%, something went wrong . . . the dog would fuss and struggle, or the poor malnourished dog had lousy veins, and one of us would have to hold him down and inject straight through the chest directly into the heart. And judging from the cries of the poor dog, that was a painful death.

Some places use chambers of various types to kill dogs . . . the City of Dallas had one (before I got there) where you put a few dogs in it, and you hooked up a hose to a car's tailpipe, and the hot exhaust killed 'em. Dunno how that was for the animals, but the local humane folks campaigned against this sort of gas chamber, dredging up images of Jews in Hitler's WW2 Germany, and the public outrage got the city to go to needles.
    Ha . . . if only those folks knew what it was like to watch dogs get shot in the chest with sodium pentabarbitol . . .
    Other ways of killing dogs include vacuum chambers, where you put a few of 'em in a chamber and pump out the air. These are unpopular with a lot of folks, especially after images of eyeballs popping out and animals gasping for air circulated . . . and there are chambers where you pump in various gases, which brings about the desired effect. If you pump in something like carbon dioxide, the CO2 makes animals breathe harder and faster before suffocating. But you can use stuff like helium, and it doesn't do that, and results in a peaceful death. But, the good stuff costs extra money, and taxpayers don't want to spend the extra $$$ on that sort of stuff, so to make a long story short, that's how needles and toxic drugs became the favored method to kill animals in the City of Dallas.

Now . . . if you were to take an animal to your vet to have it put to sleep, that's an entirely different story . . . they usually use the same method -- a needle full of sodium pentabarbitol -- but the environment there is completely different. Our PTS (put to sleep) room was noisy, most dogs were frightened, and we were on a tight production schedule, so we didn't have time or the inclination to be nice to the dogs we killed. It was (1) up on the table, (2) torniquet on the muzzle to keep it from biting, (3) torniquet on the front leg, (4) hope the needle got inside the vein, and if not, (5) hold the struggling dog down and get him in the chest.
    But your vet takes his time, comforts the animal, uses a fresh needle (we'd change needles once a shift, so it was pretty dull after a dozen injections), and things go much better overall; so if you ever need to take a dog to a vet for such a service, rest assured that it will be a very easy final few moments, no muss, no fuss, no pain.

So . . . to avoid needless situations of this sort, to avoid creating unwanted animals, I highly recommend spaying/neutering your pets.

--Tock

BDTR is offline Retired
    Weirdo

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    Post Pics Plz

subsailor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    I HATE F**** COPS NEXT TIME CARRY A DOUBLE BARREL SHOT GUN AND SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD AND SEND US THE PIC

You're really starting to get on my F***ing nerves!

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Well, this was at the City pound, not a humane society.
    We'd give 'em 1 cc of sodium pentabarbitol for each 15 lbs of bodyweight, and try to get it into a vein. 50% of the time things went ok, the dog had a good vein, didn't struggle, our aim was good, and the dog had a peaceful and gentle end. The other 50%, something went wrong . . . the dog would fuss and struggle, or the poor malnourished dog had lousy veins, and one of us would have to hold him down and inject straight through the chest directly into the heart. And judging from the cries of the poor dog, that was a painful death.

Some places use chambers of various types to kill dogs . . . the City of Dallas had one (before I got there) where you put a few dogs in it, and you hooked up a hose to a car's tailpipe, and the hot exhaust killed 'em. Dunno how that was for the animals, but the local humane folks campaigned against this sort of gas chamber, dredging up images of Jews in Hitler's WW2 Germany, and the public outrage got the city to go to needles.
    Ha . . . if only those folks knew what it was like to watch dogs get shot in the chest with sodium pentabarbitol . . .
    Other ways of killing dogs include vacuum chambers, where you put a few of 'em in a chamber and pump out the air. These are unpopular with a lot of folks, especially after images of eyeballs popping out and animals gasping for air circulated . . . and there are chambers where you pump in various gases, which brings about the desired effect. If you pump in something like carbon dioxide, the CO2 makes animals breathe harder and faster before suffocating. But you can use stuff like helium, and it doesn't do that, and results in a peaceful death. But, the good stuff costs extra money, and taxpayers don't want to spend the extra $$$ on that sort of stuff, so to make a long story short, that's how needles and toxic drugs became the favored method to kill animals in the City of Dallas.

Now . . . if you were to take an animal to your vet to have it put to sleep, that's an entirely different story . . . they usually use the same method -- a needle full of sodium pentabarbitol -- but the environment there is completely different. Our PTS (put to sleep) room was noisy, most dogs were frightened, and we were on a tight production schedule, so we didn't have time or the inclination to be nice to the dogs we killed. It was (1) up on the table, (2) torniquet on the muzzle to keep it from biting, (3) torniquet on the front leg, (4) hope the needle got inside the vein, and if not, (5) hold the struggling dog down and get him in the chest.
    But your vet takes his time, comforts the animal, uses a fresh needle (we'd change needles once a shift, so it was pretty dull after a dozen injections), and things go much better overall; so if you ever need to take a dog to a vet for such a service, rest assured that it will be a very easy final few moments, no muss, no fuss, no pain.

So . . . to avoid needless situations of this sort, to avoid creating unwanted animals, I highly recommend spaying/neutering your pets.

--Tock

Wow that sucks! Its worse than I thought!!!
    But I guess if it wasnt done they would take over the world.

The upside of my experience is that
    no matter how awful your job is, you can always say,
    "Well, it sure beats killing dogs for a living."
    -Tock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information