chevy44 is offline Member

swollen lymphnodes= HIV?

hay everyone, the past year or so i have gotten these painful lil lumps under my arm pits that come and go. i thought nothing of it because they would appear and then dissapear after a day, but just 3 weeks ago i got about 7 under on arm and it hurt to do anything, so it kinda got my attention, yet i still didnt get it checked out. but two weeks ago i got one under my nipple, and it was the most painful thing i have ever had to deal with, so i finally got an appointment with my doc. its been at least 2 years since i have seen my doctor, so when i saw him this morning he told me that we needed to catch up my paper work and all that, he then checked out my arm pits and told me that it was very superficial and nothing really to worry about, but he would run some test anyways. he then asked me if i was sexually active and i told him yes, so he told me to drop my pants and he checked my lymphnodes in my groin, he then told me that there are some obvious swelling in my lymphnodes in my groin. he went back to doing his paper work asked me a couple of questions and then told me that he was going to take some blood to run some tests. he then told me that he was going to test me for HIV and syphulus amongst many other things... thats when my stomach dropped, i dont know why but im so terrified right now. in the past hour i have analyzed evey single symptom that i have had.. and its freaking me out.. and the funny thing is i am not that sexually active, and even when i do have sex, i use a condom, but i cant even breathe properly right now!!! im terrified, i just want to lay in bed until the results come back..!! thanks, i needed to vent

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Think positive... I'm sure you'll be fine... just try to relax...

There's no sense in getting worked up about it, as there is little you can do now...

I've had the same sort of lumps under my arms as well bro... came and went as you described... and I'm clean...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Think positive

Actually, since he is awaiting results on that HIV test, he should think "negative".

(for the test results to be negative!!!)

Good luck w/this. I am sure you have nothing to worry about if you have taken the precautions you have said you've taken.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Actually, since he is awaiting results on that HIV test, he should think "negative".

(for the test results to be negative!!!)
    Good point....

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    There are many causes of swollen lymph nodes, most are managable. 2 yrs ago I had them and they told me I had stage III lymphoma, turned out to be something much less severe. Stay positive and PLEASE pm me or keep us posted.

Vic

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Seriously ... it could be ANYTHING. My ex husband got bit by a centipeed when we lived in Barbados. He ignored it until the infection go to his lymph nodes and he couldn't walk.

You're lymph nodes do that when there's infection in your body.... Relax and stop stressing over it. You are going to make yourself even sicker!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Numerous conditions and infections can cause swollen lymph nodes including:

Common cold
    Infections

Viruses
    Mononucleosis
    Tonsilitis
    Lymphoma
    Hodgkin's disease
    Leukemia
    Tuberculosis
    Sarcoidosis
    Toxoplasmosis
    Secondary syphilis (type of Syphilis)
    Yaws
    Cat scratch fever
    Lymphatic obstruction
    http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/sw...ymph_nodes.htm

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Googled it for ya.

http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc2316.htm

Does not look like they are related to HIV at all. I'd imagine your doctor has a general concern because your sexually active. I'm assuming he does it with all his patients simply because it’s better to know, than not to know.

I can understand your concern though. I have not been tested myself, but

you guys are amazing.. thank you so much for your positive advice and im trying to keep myself occupied.. thanks again

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    .....You DONT HAVE AIDS!!

Unless you are 1) Gay and indulge in backdoor sex
    2) Use intravenous drugs and share needles
    3) Indulge in backdoor sex with women you arent sure about

You arent going to get AIDS. Folks dont appreicate that the AIDS virus is very fragile and selective about where it lives. You just arent going to get AIDS from vaginal sex with a woman.
    Bottom line.
    Sounds like you may have chronic mono or a similar infective condition.

DONT WORRY!!

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i have heard of the relation between HIV and swolen nodes before. you are prolly fine but there is some kind of corolation(sp) between the two.
    ~HOP

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Hope everything works out bro, keep us posted

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    if u have always used a condom, u r 99% safe. unless u don t share needles it ll be something else. don t worry...

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    It could be Lymphoma bro...

OG

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    My buddy had a swollen lymphnode and it didn't go away. It turned out he has stage III hodkins disease, but from what I gather he will be fine. I don't think you have that because yours comes and goes. I think you will be fine. My little girl got a flu shot and had a swollen lymphnode and it was from the shot.

Don't stress about it, nor look up symtoms on the NET. Usually they show the worst thing possible and that will freak you out!!!!

Keep us updated!!

BLT

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'll put it this way, i had swollen lymphnodes as well, the doctor thought it was lymphoma... and it turned out to be something ridiculously small that cleared up on its own. Don't just jump to conclusions, you'll get yourself all worked up and have a heart attack. Wait for your blood work and deal with whatever it is. Good luck.
    Last edited by bdtr; 03-02-2005 at 04:13 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    My aunt also had a weird lymphnode condition where they swelled up and created a boil in her armpits and other areas, caused my sweat glands i believe.

houseofpain is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'll put it this way, i had swollen lymphnodes as well, the doctor thought it was lymphoma... and it turned out to be something ridiculously small that cleared up on its own. Don't just to conclusions, you'll get yourself all worked up and have a heart attack. Wait for your blood work and deal with whatever it is. Good luck.
    well put, dont worry as i am sure it will be fine. i had a node removed from my left chest and i got tested for everything including HIV just like you. i was shocked and somewhat worried when the word HIV came out of my docs mouth but it turned out to be nothing so i am sure you will be fine.
    ~HOP

WOOHOO thank god i dont have HIV.. or anything else for that matter.. im back ladies.. thanks for all the help

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy44
    WOOHOO thank god i dont have HIV.. or anything else for that matter.. im back ladies.. thanks for all the help

wat was it

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Numerous conditions and infections can cause swollen lymph nodes including:

Common cold
    Infections

Viruses
    Mononucleosis
    Tonsilitis
    Lymphoma
    Hodgkin's disease
    Leukemia
    Tuberculosis
    Sarcoidosis
    Toxoplasmosis
    Secondary syphilis (type of Syphilis)
    Yaws
    Cat scratch fever
    Lymphatic obstruction
    Only two of which won't kill you... You dead yet?.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Good to hear bro

Thread Information