p0werlift is offline Banned

did i just dislocate my shoulder?

i know you guys arnt doctors/physicians/chiropractors, but i need some serious help. i would of gone to the hospital for this, but the pain isnt nearly that bad, its just bothering me, and i also dont know if i have insurance for the x-rays, so i'd be paying alot of money if i didnt have insurance.so here it is. tonight while i was doing my shoulder routine i was doing seated military's on the smith, i was on my 2nd working set which is 275, which felt kinda light. i unracked and i came down with the bar too close to my head and not my chest, so i didnt rack 275 but i held it in the top position to fix my chair, and when i fixed my chair and moved it back a little, i felt my whole left side of my shoulder move forward, or shift forward, i racked it cuzz it hurt. im not feeling excrutiating pain, the pain is minimal, its just bothering me when i do a lateral raise type motion. i can move it around, it just FEELs like it hurts. i have a high pain thresh hold, so i dunno guys, can some1 help me out here?

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    take a vicodin and call it a night.....see how you feel 2morrow....if it's swole, you dislocated it....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Go see a doctor now!

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Okay buddy, I think I the REAL question is...did I just fall on my head?? Jk bro...

GO see a damm doctor...QUICK!! It sounds like ya did..

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Go see a doctor now!

but bro i dont know if i wanna pay so much money, just for x -rays when nothing is wrong. its not swolen its just bothering me, has any1 had a dislocated shoulder before or any other type of shoulder injury?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    You would know if it was dislocated from looking at it. I have dislocated my shoulders, and then there is the "you sorta seperated it", I still dont know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    You would know if it was dislocated from looking at it. I have dislocated my shoulders, and then there is the "you sorta seperated it", I still dont know what that means.
    how did you come to dislocate them, and how did it feel once you realized they were dislocated?

Well for starters, ive dislocated on in wrestling, and once playing baseball, swinging a bat. You pretty much feel a huge rush of pain, and your arm kinda doesnt move correctly, I couldnt lift it up above my chest, or barely at all. If it's dislocated you will need heavy muscle relaxers to get it back in.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    man up pussy. put some icy hot on it.

Well for starters, ive dislocated on in wrestling, and once playing baseball, swinging a bat. You pretty much feel a huge rush of pain, and your arm kinda doesnt move correctly, I couldnt lift it up above my chest, or barely at all. If it's dislocated you will need heavy muscle relaxers to get it back in.

this is nothing like that, i can move it around and all but theres just pain when i bring it to the side laterals, does anyone have a clue to what i did to it? i usually just man up and deal with it but i dont want this to heal the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    man up pussy. put some icy hot on it.
    ya i'll put some icy hot on your mom tonight after im done with her you little mexican.

Quote Originally Posted by p0werlift
    this is nothing like that, i can move it around and all but theres just pain when i bring it to the side laterals, does anyone have a clue to what i did to it? i usually just man up and deal with it but i dont want this to heal the wrong way.

Torn rotator cuff, very common when youre doing military presses when you gotta move the bar forward from behind your head.

Ive had that and tore the ligament between shoulder bone and collar bone, now that was fun.

Torn rotator cuff, very common when youre doing military presses when you gotta move the bar forward from behind your head.

Ive had that and tore the ligament between shoulder bone and collar bone, now that was fun.

do i need doctors assistance for this? or would 2 weeks off of weight training my upper body do the trick?

houseofpain is offline Banned
    i would have it checked out just to avoid further injury if its hindering your lifts/movements at all. thats why we pay for insurance.
    ~HOP

dr cant help a torn rotator cuff, if you did infact tear it, you will probably need like a month off, with a week of nothing, and last three weeks of shoulder stretches with a rubber band.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    just do a ton of thereputic shoulder excercises lay off heavy and never use smith never EVER
    Dam the man who invented it

thanks for the help guys, the pain is slowly dissipating, i can scratch my head and move it around without pain whatsoever but i can still feel it in a minor way. hopefully tomorrow morning it will of settled down.

xfade7 is offline Member
    sling it.

X only you would say something like that. You damm monkey. Alaways slingin you fuggin poo...lmao

Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    X only you would say something like that. You damm monkey. Alaways slingin you fuggin poo...lmao
    Haha, what? lol

xfade7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    gah, only you.. you continually hit on me. I'm sure the other members dont like all the attention you're giving me.

Thread Information