Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

is there such a thing as too much muscle?

Everybody starts out at the gym and says they want a bigger chest and a smaller waist or whatever - just get a little bigger and firm up, most say i dont wana work out too much just in case i end up like one of those bodybuilders (as if you could get like that by accident )

but soon it becomes adictive and you just want that little bit more muscle, and become a little more cut - you are never satisfied

i am half way thru my first cycle and my friends (blokes and girls) are saying dont get any bigger or you will look gross

women like a firm body and a bit of muscle but less face it when you start to look like dorian yates, the women think it looks horrible - not all of them but the large majority of them
    i show my girlfriend a bodybuilding magazine and she will refuse to look, says it makes her feel ill

i absolutley love bodybuilding and admire the proffesionals a great deal, i keep telling myslef - a little bit more muscle then i'll just maintain - but it is never enough - i would want to be a proffesional myself - if i had the genetics

its just addictive and i love it - but i dont want to be scaring off women (i love them too much)

do you know where i'm comming from?

i think i need a pshychiatrist - help

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I am doing the same as you mate. When I started out i was skinny with no definition and my initial goal was to add some quality muscle and body definition and id just maintain. But after a cycle I gained about 2 stones, all of which i have kept. Now dont misunderstand me her, im still only 12 stone but in comparison to my body at the start this is a big improvement.

But now I want to add more mucle and do another cycle. My girlfreind says that I should just maintain cos I look fine the way Iam but like you I just wanna be lifting to the max and see how much I can push myself and see if I can max out all the machines in the gym as well as lift the max of the free weights.

Hey, bring it on GOD BLESS THE GYM

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    There is no such thing as too much muscle and there is also no such thing as too strong IMO

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    whats a bloke?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    whats a bloke?
    A cheap slut you meet in a bar and screw the same night that tells you she loves you in the morning.

~SC~

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    A cheap slut you meet in a bar and screw the same night that tells you she loves you in the morning.

~SC~

Bloke means guy, man, male...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I know, I was messing around because of his other thread.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I know, I was messing around because of his other thread.

~SC~
    Ahh never saw the other thread sorry. Was just imagining you going to clubs and picking up "blokes"

Quote Originally Posted by shaun_brotherton
    I am doing the same as you mate. When I started out i was skinny with no definition and my initial goal was to add some quality muscle and body definition and id just maintain. But after a cycle I gained about 2 stones, all of which i have kept. Now dont misunderstand me her, im still only 12 stone but in comparison to my body at the start this is a big improvement.

But now I want to add more mucle and do another cycle. My girlfreind says that I should just maintain cos I look fine the way Iam but like you I just wanna be lifting to the max and see how much I can push myself and see if I can max out all the machines in the gym as well as lift the max of the free weights.

Hey, bring it on GOD BLESS THE GYM

yeah you cant beat the feeling of a beating your last bench

hey a geordie on AR - thats the first i've see - didnt think you lot new how to use the internet..

only joking mate- i love newcastle - going up there ina couple of weeks

whats a bloke?

must be an English thing

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    must be an English thing
    it is mate

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I think its very very hard for the avarage juicer to get so big that girls gets disgusted by it.
    And even then the one that gets disgusted are usualy fat, lasy slobs that thinks Justin Timberlake has the perfect body!!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    whats a bloke?
    A FLOOZIE~

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think its very very hard for the avarage juicer to get so big that girls gets disgusted by it.
    And even then the one that gets disgusted are usualy fat, lasy slobs that thinks Justin Timberlake has the perfect body!!

i know girls that get disgusted by sylvester stallones body

i think i'm hanging around with the wrong girls

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    i know girls that get disgusted by sylvester stallones body

i think i'm hanging around with the wrong girls
    I think the big turnoff isnt the muscle but the ultra ultra ripped look. Veins, striations everywhere ect. I have tried to show pics of both offseason and ripped bodybuilders to girls I know and they all prefer the offseason look(not the mega bloated pigs offcourse).

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    G-Force, every man or women has an opinion on whats hot or not. There is no universal look that everyone likes. What one person might think is hot another person might think is gross. Thats why its important for u to do what pleases YOU first and then find someone who likes you for the way u like yourself. Granted i saw a survay that said 65% of women dont like over muscular guys... that really shouldnt effect the way you conduct yourself. Get happy with yourself first. You cant love someone unless you love yourself first

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Excellent post juice. And besides, almost anyone can dress in such a way that hides or shows your build to a great extent.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    G-Force, every man or women has an opinion on whats hot or not. There is no universal look that everyone likes. What one person might think is hot another person might think is gross. Thats why its important for u to do what pleases YOU first and then find someone who likes you for the way u like yourself. Granted i saw a survay that said 65% of women dont like over muscular guys... that really shouldnt effect the way you conduct yourself. Get happy with yourself first. You cant love someone unless you love yourself first

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'd like to be 500 lbs of muscle and bench 2000 lbs.

So no, there is no such thing as too much muscle.

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    See what my firm belief is that when girls see a perfect body on a guy for instance your men's health magazine look alike, they kinda feel insecure that if she had a guy like that...he will put her to shame and will definitely highlight and bring out the un-noticible flaws within herself...therefore they slap it with a comment oh it looks gross or disgusting but in their mind they are jealous that if thier boyfriend/significant other looks like that than he will have an upper hand in the relationship.....Women are more jealous then us men and the way they think is biologically the same as king kong on cocaine........Well thats one part of it....my .02 cents

king kong on coke - that sounds interesting

i agree with what some of you are saying. i dont think you will find many women who find the proffesional bodybuilder look attractive - the mens helath magazine guys yes, although some wont even like that,

but yeah everyone is different - i love gaining muscle and havent reached the stage where i just want to maintain yet - i dont think i ever will

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'd like to be 500 lbs of muscle and bench 2000 lbs.

So no, there is no such thing as too much muscle.
    you wouldnt fit thru the door

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a girlfriend who was fat and always was asking me if I belonged to her and what not. Just really insecure. Thought I was going to try and be hitting it with any any female that crossed my path. I think that is really the under lying problem. They don't want to work out or diet as hard as you so, they don't want to see you get bigger and more cut. You feel me?

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Great post Juice, my feelings exactly.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Juicehoe take your own advice and you know WHO I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    I had a girlfriend who was fat and always was asking me if I belonged to her and what not. Just really insecure. Thought I was going to try and be hitting it with any any female that crossed my path. I think that is really the under lying problem. They don't want to work out or diet as hard as you so, they don't want to see you get bigger and more cut. You feel me?

dunno, i never really thought of it liked that,

you are saying they like it, but they think that you are also going to be more attractive to other women so they are insecure about it?

makes sense i suppose - i can see how that could be the case, but i am talking about guys that are a lot bigger than the average male fitness model

proffesional bodybuilders - not necessarily just them, but guys that are really BIG and really stand out in a crowd

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    I am... figured you would know that after what we been talking about the past 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Juicehoe take your own advice and you know WHO I'm referring to.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    The MORE mucle the BETTER. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Muscles
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Steve Irwin calls crookakadiles blokes all the time.. and big meayan shelas

decadbal is offline Banned
    hell no, dont ask stupid ?s

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by khurrams
    See what my firm belief is that when girls see a perfect body on a guy for instance your men's health magazine look alike, they kinda feel insecure that if she had a guy like that...he will put her to shame and will definitely highlight and bring out the un-noticible flaws within herself...therefore they slap it with a comment oh it looks gross or disgusting but in their mind they are jealous that if thier boyfriend/significant other looks like that than he will have an upper hand in the relationship.....Women are more jealous then us men and the way they think is biologically the same as king kong on cocaine........Well thats one part of it....my .02 cents
    I agree... If a guy improves his image enough he might be able to get a more attractive girl, of course the one he's with is going to get a little uneasy. I think women should want a guy that can hold his own and she can feel protected around, but it doesnt always work that way. I get so confused when I see a gorgeous woman with a guy who's a little pussy. Maybe he sells drugs and she gets them for free

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    I agree... If a guy improves his image enough he might be able to get a more attractive girl, of course the one he's with is going to get a little uneasy. I think women should want a guy that can hold his own and she can feel protected around, but it doesnt always work that way. I get so confused when I see a gorgeous woman with a guy who's a little pussy. Maybe he sells drugs and she gets them for free
    maybe he's got a big 'personality'

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    The MORE mucle the BETTER. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Muscles

cool

i think women who are into the fitness thing themselves are more likely to appreciate it

more muscle the better hey? so are we talking Jay Cutler and Ronnie Coleman size here?

how about Markus Ruhl and Gunther Schelweerere? (cant remember his second name) -they are about the bigget guys on the planet

Well...the only prob I would have with Ronnie is being scared he'd squish me. I'm only 5'1 so there might be a problem there...but I would love it.

The guy Im seeing now is 6'1 and pushing 300. Big solid brotha . I love love love it. It's an addiction I guess. I can't date a guy that has arms smaller than mine
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

[QUOTE= I can't date a guy that has arms smaller than mine [/QUOTE]

at the same time i couldnt date any woman that had bigger arms than me
    the girl i'm seeing is about 5ft 1 and and about 7 stone so there's no probs there

my thigh is bigger than her waist

Ive been away from Barbados too long...what is 7 Stone ??

98lbs

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think about 230lbs is the most you can get away with, after that is when you are a freak and girls start to believe there's too much, but hell at that point you're shootin for 300, and say screw everything else.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    Today 10:44 AM

saboudian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by johan

I think about 230lbs is the most you can get away with, after that is when you are a freak and girls start to believe there's too much, but hell at that point you're shootin for 300, and say screw everything else.

Amen..Im weighing ion now a 275, and I get some weiard ass looks..but Im married so I could care less..But nothing beats the feeling of walking thru the mall and people are getting the hell out of you way!!

98lbs
    WOW

builtthekid is offline Banned
    TO much muscle to me is when you become inflexible and bad at your sport
    when u cant tackle somebody cause u cant get your arms around them that
    sort of ****.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information