Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

How old are your parents

This is aimed at more of the younger guys....but...

Any of you have older parents that had you or siblings when they were in their mid to late 30's or early forties?

If so........how do you think it affected you and how you grew up? Do you think you missed out on anything because your parents were older?

C.B.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

houseofpain is offline Banned
    dad=deceased
    mom=just turned 51
    dont really know if growing up without a father affected me. i am sure it did but i turned out just fine. got a full scolarship to a D1 school for football. never been into any trouble. i wish i had a father but there are somethings in this life we have no control over.
    ~HOP
    Last edited by houseofpain; 03-07-2005 at 10:56 AM.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    mom and dad are 49

me 27

little bro 25

2 dogs, both under 4

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    parents are 60

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    my parents are I think 59 and 62

There's more to the question there BOYS! LOL.

The reason I'm asking is....say a woman wants to have a baby around her late 30's early 40's. That means she would be about 58 when he/she graduated HS....

Do you think that's a bad thing for a kid? Would that kid be embarassed because mom was so much older, etc?
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    it's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, my upbringing was unnaturally stict because I think my folks were trying to hold on the the old ways... but I turned out alright, of course, it was only after I got into the world myself and lived on my own, took care of myself etc. When I was at home I always felt like I was in prison

edited
    ~HOP

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi

The reason I'm asking is....say a woman wants to have a baby around her late 30's early 40's. That means she would be about 58 when he/she graduated HS....

Do you think that's a bad thing for a kid? Would that kid be embarassed because mom was so much older, etc?

oh hahah sorry, idont see anything wrong with it. the only problem would be is that the older you are the more problems can occur with the child like an increase % to have one that is autistic and etc.. again i dodged the question. um i know plenty of women that had children in their late 30's and early 40's. there kids are fine.

I'm sorry to hear that....but it sounds like you did pretty well for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by houseofpain
    dad=deceased
    mom=just turned 51
    dont really know if growing up without a father affected me. i am sure it did but i turned out just fine. got a full scolarship to a D1 school for football. never been into any trouble. i wish i had a father but there are somethings in this life we have no control over.
    ~HOP

I'm sorry to hear that....but it sounds like you did pretty well for yourself
    i definately try, thanks CB
    ~HOP

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    no , a mom is a mom no matter how old. Moms rock!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I wish i had the study right now.. but we are in that boat.. raised 2 kids 21 and 23... and about to start another one...

They national trend is for 1st time mom's being in thier 30's before starting a family.. so atleast i won't be the oldest dad at the PTA..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    I wish i had the study right now.. but we are in that boat.. raised 2 kids 21 and 23... and about to start another one...

They national trend is for 1st time mom's being in thier 30's before starting a family.. so atleast i won't be the oldest dad at the PTA..
    spy you could be my father you old chithead
    ~HOP

The rates for downs and autisim in older parents are lower now....but still a risk.

I think now that I'm older.....and wiser, I would make better choices as a parent, would be more focused on raising a child instead of pursuing a career, etc.

It's funny ..... I love both my kids but I never really aspired to be a parent. Now that both my kids are pretty well raised and on their own....I sort of have this urge to do it again. For many reasons.

**** that biological clock!

But I worry. I wouldn't want my kid to be embarassed cause mom was so old, etc. Not that I plan to be a typical 50 yo ....I plan to look like that lady on the bowflex commercial or better.... I may be 50 but I .... you get the picture .

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    oh hahah sorry, idont see anything wrong with it. the only problem would be is that the older you are the more problems can occur with the child like an increase % to have one that is autistic and etc.. again i dodged the question. um i know plenty of women that had children in their late 30's and early 40's. there kids are fine.

The rates for downs and autisim in older parents are lower now....but still a risk.

I think now that I'm older.....and wiser, I would make better choices as a parent, would be more focused on raising a child instead of pursuing a career, etc.

It's funny ..... I love both my kids but I never really aspired to be a parent. Now that both my kids are pretty well raised and on their own....I sort of have this urge to do it again. For many reasons.

**** that biological clock!

But I worry. I wouldn't want my kid to be embarassed cause mom was so old, etc. Not that I plan to be a typical 50 yo ....I plan to look like that lady on the bowflex commercial or better.... I may be 50 but I .... you get the picture .
    well barb you dont look your age now and if you keep taking care of yourself like you do you sure as hell wont look 60 when you get there. so in your case i dont see a problem.. big decision to make..

i meant to ask if you plan on raising this child alone or with someone else..

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    parents are 60
    No way Bro!! How can you be older than your mom? Something is wrong here....I call BS!!

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    hmmm

im 18 right now

my parents had me when they were 35..i dont see a prob with that? i guess they waited til they were financially secure and ****? who knows.(i hate to ask those types of questions to them)

Rob
    my uncle and aunt are 58 and they have 2 kids, 18 and 16 yrs old

IF it happens, it would be with someone. I woudn't do it alone. That's one of the things that bothered me when I was married. Yes there was a father, but he really never contributed to "family" type things. I could never get him to go to the park with us, movies, etc.

Right now Im evaluating my basic feelings on the subject. Part of me is pulling that I want to do it again as long as it's with the right man. Part of me says......that I've already done all this and why not enjoy the rest of my life without those responsibilites.

Been doing a lot of self-evaluation lately. Sometimes I'm not too happy with what I see.....but for the most part, I'm good. Working on the weak areas...and looking forward to the future....whatever it holds.

I may have a second chance at something that I thought I never would again. I'm hopeful .... but not getting my hopes up. If that happens...I want the same things I wanted a year ago when we broke up....marriage, kid, etc. Not tomorrow......but in the not too distant future. My biggest concern isn't if I can handle it....but would it be unfair to a child.

I am more mature, stable (emotionally and financially), etc. After everything I've been through with my kids....I know better how to raise a child, etc.

I just don't know anyone that had "older" parents....so ... I come to you for that input . I'm all about informed decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    i meant to ask if you plan on raising this child alone or with someone else..

Did you get grief from your friends because your parents were older? Do you feel like your dad didn't do things with you because he was older?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    hmmm

im 18 right now

my parents had me when they were 35..i dont see a prob with that? i guess they waited til they were financially secure and ****? who knows.(i hate to ask those types of questions to them)

Rob
    Did you get grief from your friends because your parents were older? Do you feel like your dad didn't do things with you because he was older?

no, actually, alot of my friends parents' are flotting at around the same age.

as far as doing things with me, it isnt like he was strapped to a wheelchair or anything..he didnt miss any important events..hockey games etc.

I dont have any complaints about it.

Thanks Big.... I'm 37 now, and my parents are just now in their 50's. If either of them were to try to be parents to an infant right now....they would drop over dead!

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    my parents are older, but they still did everything with me.... my dad still doesnt know how to skate, but he was always taking me to the rink and being there for me.... you pretty active CB I dont think age would slow you down that much

rixyroids is offline Associate Member
    my mums 44,
    my dads 49

however, my dads dad (my grandfather who i never met) was 62 and my grandmother was mid fifties when my dad was born, and he has a brother who came after that!!

didnt affect my dad, hes very successful, best person in my life, and i wouldnt change anything about him

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Mom=51
    Dad 49

I think it def depends on the parents. Mine both smoke and eat like shyte. My mom can't walk across a room without getting winded.

I'm at the point now where I can retire if I want, and IF I were to settle down with the right man and want to do this....I would want to stay at home atleast until the child was school age. I didn't get to do this with my first two....worked until labor and back to work 6 weeks after.

SOOOO many things I would do differently.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Dad-45
    Mom-46
    Me-22
    Sis-17
    I see no problem with having older parents. If you are ready then go for it! I've got friends whose parents are older and no prob with them...

Mom-43
    Dad-43

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Both parents are dead...no brothers or sistes...

Thanks guys for the input. I really expected to hear nooo too old LOL. I'm glad to know that for those of you that had older parents ... it was a good thing.

Ice....I'm sorry to hear that.... . PM me any time you need some motherly advice.

C.B.

oh yea im 18

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm 26 and my parents are 55 and 59.. i dont really consider that an old age.. but they act is if they are old.

My g/f parents were 71 and 77 when she was 22.. they have poth passed away. And i can tell you it did have something do with how she turned out. She has lived a sheltered life. I sorta feel bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    I'm 26 and my parents are 55 and 59.. i dont really consider that an old age.. but they act is if they are old.

My g/f parents were 71 and 77 when she was 22.. they have poth passed away. And i can tell you it did have something do with how she turned out. She has lived a sheltered life. I sorta feel bad for her.
    now thats what i call a late start
    ~HOP

gya321 is offline Member

Moms 59 dads 64. Theres a generation gap between us and I dont like it. They cant relate to sh*t, but everyone is different it could be fine for some people, just not my parents.

It may or may not be bad for the kid, it definetly shouldnt be embarrasing. There could be other issues though, just being honest here.

Thanks again!!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    my mom is 51 my dad is 56 i am 26 and my little bro is 23. I have an uncle on my moms side who is only 10 years older than me he is the youngest of six so he is 36 and my grandmother is oh sh1t today is her b-day she is 76 so she was 58 when he graduated

yooo is offline Associate Member
    40 and 41..a year and one day apart..

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    CB, both my parents (who raised me) are now dead, and they were an older couple my dad was 72 when he passed away, mom was 64 when she went. They both had so many issues that far exceeded the old age question.

As for me, I never really payed any attention to thier age when I was growing up, except for the fact that they refused to see things as they were......Like keeping up with the times!!!

I was always kept on a very SHORT leash by them, they always used the phrase........."that kind of thing was not allowed back in our day." And, they refused to hear any reasons why it is tollerated and accepted (in what was, this day and age)

Knowing you only from what I've seen you post on the board I'd say this wouldn't be much of an issue in your case, you're healthy and fit, and deffinately a keep up with the times kinda gal as I'm sure the daddy to possibly be would have to meet those standards as well, so I don't see any reason the child wouldn't have two active, involved parents. No matter the age.

As parents we have to set ruels, limits, and boundries, for the saftey of the child, we should also keep in mind that this is a totally different generation, and not try and make them conform themselves to the rules and limits we had set for us, as far as the emotional, well being of your kid, having an older parent......in this case(not all) I'd say he/she would likely never even give it any hard thought, because you'd simply be mom and dad to him or her.

Good luck sweetie, with whatever you decide, don't let that tick...tock drive ya nuts girl, those **** biological clocks are a real pain sometimes eh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information