Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    icewind is offline Associate Member

Boxing vs Bodybuilding

OK... so I know these bodybuilders are not professional fighters, but what do you guys think ??

Kevin Levrone vs Mike Tyson -- in a fight !?!

Who whould win ???

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    lol.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    depends...mike tyson now or mike tyson in his prime?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    depends...mike tyson now or mike tyson in his prime?
    I don't think that matters. Mike Tyson vs. any bodybuilder. Mike would win.

Muscles don't make you tough. I seen plenty of muscular guys bitch up when the right circumstances present themselves.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    lots of bbuilders have some background in fighting..forget which ones

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    thats what I was thinking which is why I asked about tyson now or earlier, levrone I thought was a fighter for years right??

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    I don't think that matters. Mike Tyson vs. any bodybuilder. Mike would win.

Muscles don't make you tough. I seen plenty of muscular guys bitch up when the right circumstances present themselves.
    aint that the truth

Glock-19 is offline Banned
    Tyson all the way.

Too many out there that beef up thinking that they will be tough......Watch em try and throw a proper punch and you will laugh your azz off.....

Tyson in 15 seconds.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Size and strength can make you win in almost all the fights you’ll ever get in. Either that or they will simply prevent you from ever having to fight. Being large allows you to simply overwhelm people and gives you the confidence to win a fight.

Unless you’re a trained fighter, size and strength will make you win most of your fights. Mike Tyson though, is a very skilled fighter and very aggressive as well. I’m sure with his punching power and the technique he’s developed to throw his punches it’s a lot harder than any body builder can hit.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    tyson in his prime would take any bodybuilder. if any bodybuilders were good at fighting they wouldnt be bodybuilding for less than $60,000 a year, they'd be boxing for $100,000+

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dogg
    Size and strength can make you win in almost all the fights you’ll ever get in. Either that or they will simply prevent you from ever having to fight. Being large allows you to simply overwhelm people and gives you the confidence to win a fight.

Unless you’re a trained fighter, size and strength will make you win most of your fights. Mike Tyson though, is a very skilled fighter and very aggressive as well. I’m sure with his punching power and the technique he’s developed to throw his punches it’s a lot harder than any body builder can hit.
    Size can work against you. I bet I could whip Ronnies ass. He is too big to be fast and is probaly real telegraphing with his movements.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrob33
    Franco Columbu was one

Size can work against you. I bet I could whip Ronnies ass. He is too big to be fast and is probaly real telegraphing with his movements.
    Also some people are just afraid to fight. You can put all the muscle in the world on a coward but he is still a coward.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Franco Columbu was one
    yea true, remember seeing some background on him in pumping iron

Columbu vs. Tyson (prime)

would be a good one

Ronnie would also be a ****ing wrecking ball if you pissed him off.

He can do the splits, back flips to prove he’s flexible and agile, what makes you think because your big you have to be slow?

Fighting is tactical too, can you evade everything he throws at you?

Check this guy out. Looking at him he looks like an out of shape chump.

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/med...t=video&vid=24

Ronnie would also be a ****ing wrecking ball if you pissed him off.

He can do the splits, back flips to prove he’s flexible and agile, what makes you think because your big you have to be slow?

Fighting is tactical too, can you evade everything he throws at you?
    If his moves are telegraphical, and judging by his size they would be. He is so huge the only thing he could throw without giving it away is jabs. If he hooks or uppercuts there is so much mass on him you could see it coming all day if you know what to look for.

That out of shape chump beat Tito Ortiz who beat Ken Shamrock.

That out of shape chump beat Tito Ortiz who beat Ken Shamrock.
    I know, my point is he isn't that big, but I bet he could beat guys way bigger than him. It isn't about muscle, it is about heart and skill. Bruce Lee would beat the hell out of Tyson and he is a runt.

Unless you’re a trained fighter, Ronnie could just literally fall on you even if he’s as slow as you say. Dismantle you after he had his hands on you. Unless your Roy Jones, you get hit in fights and when its someone that strong its going to hurt. When people get mad, and start throwing a furry of punches, you can’t just dodge them all. You can throw up into a guard, but if Ronnie is throwing them they will still hurt. Chances are your hits are not going to hurt him nearly as bad.

lol, tyson would crush Bruce Lee unless it was a movie.

lol, tyson would crush Bruce Lee unless it was a movie.
    No way. Bruce is faster than lightning.

Here is a story I am not proud of but we are all men and no one on here has won every fight they been in I am sure.

When I was in prison we were playing spades. Well this little short guy, he was about 5'4 and probaly 130 pounds with boots on. So he is talking smack the whole game and it got to me. It was my turn to deal and I took the deck of cards and threw them in his face, so he stood up. So I stood up. Now I am not claiming to be a tough guy, but I can fight. I grew up in the city and been in more fights than I can count. I got some experience. So I had about 8 inches and 60 pounds on him. He was so fast I couldn't dodge a single punch he threw. I was landing but he wouldn't go down or stop fighting. I lost because he had more heart and speed than I did. So it isn't all about muscle. Speed is a great compensator for muscle.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    umm........Tyson at 60 years old could beat the crap out of 99.999% of BB - why because he is a fighter

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Unless you’re a trained fighter, Ronnie could just literally fall on you even if he’s as slow as you say. Dismantle you after he had his hands on you. Unless your Roy Jones, you get hit in fights and when its someone that strong its going to hurt. When people get mad, and start throwing a furry of punches, you can’t just dodge them all. You can throw up into a guard, but if Ronnie is throwing them they will still hurt. Chances are your hits are not going to hurt him nearly as bad.

I was thinking the same things...that is why I posted this .....

radar1234 is offline Member
    i see lots of guys who can lift mega weight but cant throw a decent punch to save their lives.we always get lifters at my gym that "try" and spar and look incredibly stiff and uncoordinated when they punch.most boxers i know do not touch weights.we do lots of cardio and plyometrics.

a 500 lb bench does not make a guy tough!

**** if you got stomped on by a 130lb inmate, Ronnie would pound you in seconds!

lol I'm just effing with ya,

Ronnie would have heart though also. Thats just one experince, most the time the 130lb guy would not have that much confidence. Thats how he won, the kid was probably in a million fights,10x's more than you and was just really confident and had his plan layed out.

Ken Shamrock could beat about any UFC fighter also, but he had to fight them 2 times to win. Putting a plan behind it helps a ton.

**** if you got stomped on by a 130lb inmate, Ronnie would pound you in seconds!

lol I'm just effing with ya,

Ronnie would have heart though also. Thats just one experince, most the time the 130lb guy would not have that much confidence. Thats how he won, the kid was probably in a million fights,10x's more than you and was just really confident and had his plan layed out.

Ken Shamrock could beat about any UFC fighter also, but he had to fight them 2 times to win. Putting a plan behind it helps a ton.
    Maybe I exaterated. A solidly land blow from Ronnie would be catastrophic. However!!!!!!!!, if I could shake his hard blows, survive a few jabs and go solid on his body I could take him. Problem is with all the HGH he does any injuries he sustains would probaly heal instantly.

Maybe I exaterated. A solidly land blow from Ronnie would be catastrophic. However!!!!!!!!, if I could shake his hard blows, survive a few jabs and go solid on his body I could take him. Problem is with all the HGH he does any injuries he sustains would probaly heal instantly.
    a solid blow from most people would have the potential to be bad.thats why u keep ur hands up.

I think Royce Gracie proved most wrong about the size argument. We are talking about "fighters" against Bodybuilders. The average Joe would get wrecked by a big strong guy.(maybe) Trained fighters will whip their azz. Due to all of the arguments above. Besides which, have you ever seen how winded a 300lb guy gets just walking a couple flights of stairs????? Yes even Ronnie.

Too many variables to tell who is going to win a fight, you don’t know until it’s over.

Even in UFC’s the best some times get beat by what people would call “nobodies” but anyone can get lucky and a mistake in a fight can cost you the fight.

Like that little guy, he could just beat you to the punch, keep you off balance. The same thing Roy Jones does. You think about punching, but its too late he’s already got his glove in your face. Ali did the same thing, but with more craftiness.

Even that sloppy ****er Tank Abbot though was able to beat some people he should not have been able too. Just because of his aggressiveness and punching power.

Take Kimbo for instance, he could not take a trained fighter, but he is going to be able to pound the **** out of anyone else.

P.S. I think Ronnie is probably in GOOD cardiovascular condition, stairs are not going to wind him.

ronnies about 300 lbs?that means hed have to fight heavy weights.most trained middle weights would wreck him!thats why he bodybuilds and doesnt fight.

its like asking if a horse jockey could be a center for the pistons.

[QUOTE=J-Dogg]Too many variables to tell who is going to win a fight, you don’t know until it’s over.

Even in UFC’s the best some times get beat by what people would call “nobodies” but anyone can get lucky and a mistake in a fight can cost you the fight.

WHO R THESE "NOBODIES"??

Allow me to introduce this small Japanese man who pummels the entire Gracie Family. A Family that has prided itself upon not loosing a fight ever, this guy has fought all the brothers and has not lost to a single one of them, even Royce.

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/fighters/S/S01.htm

Allow me to introduce this small Japanese man who pummels the entire Gracie Family. A Family that has prided itself upon not loosing a fight ever, this guy has fought all the brothers and has not lost to a single one of them, even Royce.

It says he has 7 loses.

Minoru Suzuki comes to mind first, who beat Ken Shamrock.

kazushi sakuraba happens to be one of the best fighters in the world.hes hardly a nobody if thats what u meant.

7 losses, yes, but he still does what I say, beats the **** out of the baddest family on the planet.

Oh, hardly what I meant.

I don’t think any fighter is well rounded enough to beat everyone. He can beat Gracies but he can’t beat others. Gracies can beat the others, but can’t beat him.

Just the way it goes I guess.

7 losses, yes, but he still does what I say, beats the **** out of the baddest family on the planet.
    no flame intended but "baddest family on the planet"???maybe 10 years ago.the gracies havent been in the spotlight for some time now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information