Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member

Man this really pizzes me off..

Okay guys, last night just did it for me. I figured I had to come here to relieve some of my frustration.
    Anyways, but it really pisses me off when people don't respect BB's. I mean why? They think just because they big and their bodies look good, most think that they have no brains. Truth is, most BB's are very intellegent, they have to be to make their bodies look the way they look. Some people just have no respect and no idea what it takes to become a BB or to have a nice body and be proud of it.
    For example, for women this is what I get, when I mention BBing. I usually get two answers:
    First one, is that I am cocky and conceited because I like to show my body off or show pics and talk about my goals to others.
    I mean if you have a nice shinny brand new car, what are you gonna do? You gonna drive it around and let everyone see it right? I mean that is an extreme analogy, but we work hard to make our bodies look good, therefore we have the right to be proud and show off our bodies. Yeah we may seem alittle cocky at times.. but we have some braggin rights we work hard and we should be rewarded and not scared to show off our results.
    2nd answer I usually get is: "Oh you must be gay cause you are a BBer. NO I AM NOT GAY. I think this comes from guys who see other guys looking good and tell their girlfriends that BBers are all gay. That is false. I think most guys tell their girlfriends that because they are simply jealous because they can't look that way. Last summer I heard a guy tell his girl this, one night when we were at a club. They were having a boxer contest, and this guy came out and he was a big mofo, (you know he was on gear and probaly competing), this drunk dude, said, "Ah he is probaly gay".
    Okay guys I didn't want to turn this into a gripe session, but average everyday people don't give BB's credit or respect. Most people think that all you have to do is just take steriods and you are a BBer. But they don't realize how much dedication, devotion, self discipline, and deterimation it takes to become one. It really makes me mad when someone says about a BBer, "ah he is on steriods, that is why he looks like that". What they fail to realize is the work and determination that we all go through to make ourselves look good.
    Again, I appologize for relieving my stress here. Talking to this girl last night, and hearing what she was saying about BBing. I can't wait to bump into her at the club, then we will see what she has to say. Do any of you guys experience the same thing? How do you guys handle it?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    That's funny shit john!!!!! True, very true!

sicilian-think of it the way john does and it starts to make more sense doesn't it!!

peace,

ttgb

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Funny shit John.

Sicilian, Bro even my own wife doesn't understand why we do what we do. I have pics of guys like Arnie, Haney, and Ronnie up in my garage for motivation. She's like "nice pics" with that sarcastic "you must be gay" undertone in her voice. She hates the way bb's look. She just doesn't understand at all.

On top of all that Ill come in from a hard work out and be happy about my gains I've made. She'll be "you need to work on this a little more". Not very supportive at all.

Originally posted by RON
    Funny shit John.

Sicilian, Bro even my own wife doesn't understand why we do what we do. I have pics of guys like Arnie, Haney, and Ronnie up in my garage for motivation. She's like "nice pics" with that sarcastic "you must be gay" undertone in her voice. She hates the way bb's look. She just doesn't understand at all.

On top of all that Ill come in from a hard work out and be happy about my gains I've made. She'll be "you need to work on this a little more". Not very supportive at all.
    I guess that is what makes us who we are. You have to be really passionate about BBing to understand it I guess. Makes sense once you think about it in that way.
    Still I think more people should respect the fact that we all like to have nice looking bodies, and work hard at it, and we all have our own forms of motivation, (the pics on your wall for example). That doesn't mean you are gay, just means that you have some inspiration. Sometimes just seeing the way we talk here, (the way we try to motivate folks) to a newbie may seem like we are gay, but I guess the folks like you; Ron and John (and most of the other guys who have been here a while), understand and know that we all here feel the same way. We know what people think. However, we want to inspire, motivate and help people that come here to, because we all have something in common I guess.. Hell just thinking about it gives me a headache, I could go on and on. I was just hoping that someone else has similar experiences and is tired of it as I am.
    BTW John, the small dick thing, yes that is another thing I hear from women.. but what they fail to realize is it is not true. NOw the testicles however, yes.. but not the "ole Willy".

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I fink they ar write BB,ers r shawofffs,fick and r totally gay.Why els wood theey lift waits?

Fuck em its because they don't understand what drives us and why we do it.Ignorance on their behalf

ALL - OUT ! is offline New Member
    Show me a man who says he wouldn't want to be built and I'll show you a liar!

The criticism and barbs are all jealousy-based.

NightOp is offline Member
    yep, i have people ask me all the time "why do you eat so often" and say "all that protein is so bad for you" or "creatine is bad for you".... so many people take the worst case scenarios that the media feeds them and applies em to the whole as a skewed generalization with no knowledge of the background or science behind the BB lifestyle. I'm all natural and very health oriented now, and i still take crap off people for wanting to grow more.

I think sometimes its just best to not argue with them, as with many cases, it can show someone that you are not the big dumb musclehead who is easily pissed off that they think you are. (no matter how tempting it is to explode on them).

one more thing> about the "small dick" idea that people have of steroid users. I was watching a BB competition video on my computer and a guy came in and said "ya that is cool but those guys have 1 inch cocks".. i tried to stay quiet (not wanting to explain to this ignorant person how dumb they are)... but i couldn't, so i said "well, actually you are wrong, there is no dick shrinkage associated with juicing, testicular shrinkage is a different story... you see when you introduce foreign androgens, bla bla bla clomid bla bla bla..." I sat and talked explaining all of this, he didn't have anything to say after that and im sure he was suprised at the fact that those generalizations are BS.. im no expert on juice, but i know enough to refute such ridiculus comments
    Last edited by NightOp; 04-01-2002 at 01:10 PM.

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Every once in a while someone will call me cocky. Honestly, I like it. The word cocky just has a bad rep. In websters dictionary it says "overly confident." Well you know what folks, some of the greatest feats in history will completed because of cocky people. What about all the men who enter the battlefield ready to kill? Do they say to themselves, "ok, my life is over, I'm just gonna lay down and die now" or do they say "who are these motherfu*kers who think they can endanger the lives of my countrymen and allies, they are all going to die."

Being overly confident is a good thing. You are constantly pushing yourself harder and expecting a better performance than the pervious day.

People who are blinded by bodybuilding have my respect. Doing what you believe in everyday tells me that you have your sh*t together and that you are self motivated.

To the poeple who have little or no respect for bodybuilding I say this - well then - go back to watching TV all day. Keep the fast food for yourself. If it was free, I still wouldn't eat it. Go back an enjoy your meanless, pathetic life where all you do is eat crap and sit on your fat ass all day. Maybe you have no self respect, but I do. I think that your body is a refection of who you are. And all I see is someone who is not worthy. Someone who is completely satisfied with being "average." And if what I say about you is true, than to hell with you.

Very well said VEGET. I guess my test levels where alittle elivated, or my estrogen was one of the two. Just tired of disrespectful people downing someone for trying to make themselves look good. I mean it is almost like they are so unconfident in themselves that they have to put someone down to make themselves feel better. I guess that is why so many here on AR are so supportive of other bruthers posting their pics. They understand, and know what it takes to do what we do. By no means do I say I am a BB, but I do believe that my body looks great for my age, and 90% of the people I talk to say that, but it is just those punkazz 10% insecure mofo's that just pisses me off.. ya know what I mean..

VEGETA990 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    By no means do I say I am a BB..
    Here is my take. If you go to the gym 3+ times a week consistantly, watch the foods you eat, and have the objective of making some kind of progress, you are a bodybuilder. That is what a bodybuilder is. Some people have no idea what they are doing, but once you have a general idea of what you need to consume (protein, fats, carbs) and you have a basic understanding of each muscle group, you are a bodybuilder.

Many people, as soon as you mention "bodybuilder," see an image of Ronnie Coleman (or some other jacked guy) in their head. And yes, he is a bodybuilder, but he is in the top 1%, just like all the pros. We may not all ever attain such physiques, but we are still bodybuilders.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    i want someone to go tell coleman or cutler how gay they are... it be funny to see ronnie put the poor stupid guy through a wall woulnt it?

Thread Information