BigTex_z28 is offline New Member

Just bought first bike, 01 CBR F4I

I know how to ride, but don't know how to work on a bike. What should I do first?
    I got smoked by a new R1- **** those are fast!
    How do i reprogram the Power commander?

C

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    what is it you have done to the bike other then p.c.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Having owned a CBR 600 and being the current owner of a 2004 R1, I can tell you exactly what to do....sell the bike and buy an R1...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You need a busa to catch a R1

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    Having owned a CBR 600 and being the current owner of a 2004 R1, I can tell you exactly what to do....sell the bike and buy an R1...
    exactly

For real man, you can make your bike faster, hell you can make it really fast. I would start with learning how to ride it, I mean really ride it. If you plan on drag racing it, then learn how to start of the line, how to control power fluxes, etc. If you plan to road race the you need to be practicing the turns, etc. You can have a slower bike and smoke a faster one just by being able to control it. In a straight race you will never beat an R1, ZX-10, Busa, or any other liter bike for that matter.

Ride your bike for a while, enjoy it, then upgrade when you are ready. I'm willing to bet the money in my bank account that the guy on the R1 cannot ride it to it's full potential (or any other bike for that matter)

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Meh, I have bikes just for the sake of enjoyment, I never got into the whole lets race around the block and see whos tires lose traction first.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    Meh, I have bikes just for the sake of enjoyment, I never got into the whole lets race around the block and see whos tires lose traction first.
    I agree man. I like to ride fast, but at my own leisure, not because I'm trying to outrun someone. Well, except for those pesky cops. What's a guy to do

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    thats a good attitude!!

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    aren't the busa's primarily for drag racing and less for cornering? i could be wrong but i thought the longer swingarm in the back was to keep the front end down under heavy accelaration?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    aren't the busa's primarily for drag racing and less for cornering? i could be wrong but i thought the longer swingarm in the back was to keep the front end down under heavy accelaration?
    No its a streetbike.

Quote Originally Posted by punchrf
    You only think that because 95% of people that buy a Busa put on a longer swingarm, lower it, etc. I think it's ugly myself. And you're right, I've ridden a lowered / stretched Busa and kids on bikes were passing me in curves. Sux nutz

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    I'm willing to bet the money in my bank account that the guy on the R1 cannot ride it to it's full potential (or any other bike for that matter)
    AMEN.... I dont know how many people tried talkin sh!t to me when I had my 600F4i, because it was only a 600.... All I had to say to them was follow the leader for a couple miles and I would lose them on their big 1000's.... They are great bikes, but just about EVERYONE who owns one or rides one for street use doenst come close to using it to its full potential... That goes for me as well.

The only reason I wanna get an R1, is because im 6'3 currently around 220lbs and while its still easy to do wheelies and such on 600's, itll be even that much easier for me at my weight on a 1000.

Congrats on the purchase, BTW

-ostie

rimz is offline Junior Member
    I had a 600RR and it was sweet. I also don't ride to race but just like relaxing. Don't get me wrong I like to haul ass every now and then and when some rice rocket car wants to rev I have to smoke him, but I just like to cruise. I have ridden with a few guys that have busas, and the main problem with them that makes them not as nimble on the street is they are so freakin heavy. I rode with a guy that had a 1300 and he could ride it to the max. Needless to say he was a big boy though.

I cant wait until I can get a bike.. actually I was at the shop tonight looking at the new gsxr 600 and 750!!

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    AMEN.... I dont know how many people tried talkin sh!t to me when I had my 600F4i, because it was only a 600.... All I had to say to them was follow the leader for a couple miles and I would lose them on their big 1000's.... They are great bikes, but just about EVERYONE who owns one or rides one for street use doenst come close to using it to its full potential... That goes for me as well.

The only reason I wanna get an R1, is because im 6'3 currently around 220lbs and while its still easy to do wheelies and such on 600's, itll be even that much easier for me at my weight on a 1000.

Congrats on the purchase, BTW

-ostie
    No doubt bro. So many people buy way too much bike (the pot calling the kettle black here ) I've been riding for most of my life and my bike still takes my breath away. I see people with R1's boring them out, nitrous, remapping, etc... and I'm just like "why!?" Don't get me wrong, I am a great lover of speed, but my bike is stock and it literrally makes me crossed-eyed under hard acceleration. I can't imagine much more, at least not without something around me.

You have a PM Ostie.

Thread Information