JdFlex is offline Senior Member

Anyone have liver pain??

I often get an uncomfortable tightness on the right side of my body right below the bottom of my rib cage. I'm not sure if its my liver. But the tightness is greater after a night of drinking or while on orals. Anyone have any experience with this?

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    It sound like your liver may be enlarged, it's not your liver that hurts though it's the pressure it is creating. From here you have 3 options, continue and do nothing, get your liver values tested, or just plain stop

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It sound like your liver may be enlarged, it's not your liver that hurts though it's the pressure it is creating. From here you have 3 options, continue and do nothing, get your liver values tested, or just plain stop
    No offense but that is a hasty diagnosis don't you think?

Could be your liver. Or a muscle, a rib, gall bladder, kidney, intestinal, stomach, spleen, duocen (however you spell it), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Are you serious? How does one's liver become enlarged? Is that common? I went to my Dr about it a while back and he sent me for blood work. He said he would contact me if anything was abnormal and I never heard anything back.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod

Could be your liver. Or a muscle, a rib, gall bladder, kidney, intestinal, stomach, spleen, duocen (however you spell it), etc.
    i was thinking the same.... sometimes if its a liver prob. you will see yellow pigments (jondis)sp? color in urination and etc..

I'm not sure what other organs are in this area. Its right below my rib cage on the right hand side of my body. I just looked it up online and it looks like the liver is right there. That's why I was assuming it might be the liver. Plus it tightens up after drinking and orals.

No I don't think so Loz, it is pretty common for the liver to get inflamed, I would bet it is his liver. Is it scary? No it is just a sign of inflammation from the liver working overtime. All of the thing you listed are less common than what i am talking about, I know i had it before, just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    I'm not sure what other organs are in this area. Its right below my rib cage on the right hand side of my body. I just looked it up online and it looks like the liver is right there. That's why I was assuming it might be the liver. Plus it tightens up after drinking and orals.
    I got elevated liver values and have no jaundice or pain. If it tightens up after drinking and orals it could be your stomach too. Gotten any blood work lately?

I got elevated liver values and have no jaundice or pain. If it tightens up after drinking and orals it could be your stomach too. Gotten any blood work lately?
    No blood work lately. Maybe 6-8 months ago. Doc never called me back so I assumed everything was good. I guess I should go see him again.

Isn't the stomach on the left side of the body?

Oaky Loz you swine I say it's his liver and I'll bet you ONE dollar! I am telling you I know............ this is the same thing I felt when I had it.

Isn't the stomach on the left side of the body?
    Internal organ pain is weird. Kidney pain can be felt in the groin sometimes. Gallbladder pain in between the shoulder blades, heart pain in the stomach region, etc. so it is hard to make a self-diagnosis.

decadbal is offline Banned
    get checked if your worried, that something that time makes worse, not better

The pain is getting worse and more frequent. I made a Dr appt for tomorrow morning. I'm sure he'll send me for more tests. Maybe the 25mgs of dbol daily is not helping the situation.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    From what I've heard you can't feel inner organ pain. They don't have the nerves for pain if it hurts in that area it could be enlarged like stated above. Most the time its just muscles around it that hurt.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    how do you know your liver hurts, what does liver pain feel like? a pain in your gut can't just be put on one organ if it is bothering you go see a doc they have ways of figuring out what is wrong with you.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Sometimes my bellybutton hurts...

I don't know that its my liver. The only reason I assume it could be my liver is b/c its hurts after a night of drinking or after taking 17aa orals. And the pain is right around where I estimate the liver is located. The pain is a tight uncomfortableness. Its not sharp or dull, its almost like a knot. I don't know what the hell it is and its getting worse, that's why I'm going to see a Dr.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    But the tightness is greater after a night of drinking or while on orals. Anyone have any experience with this?

Yes, try not to binge drink while you are taking AAS.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    BTW im not speaking from experience, just "common sense"

tman55 is offline Junior Member
    bro listen to victor. i have had liver damage in the past and that pain is from your liver being enlarged imo. stop the dbol , go to the dr have it tested and see what he tells you then come back and let us know.

bro if you have never gone through liver damage ie: jaundice, itching, fatigue, frothy piss, clay colored foamy stool you have no idea how bad it is. be safe stop now because if it is your liver and it gets worse and your bilirubin goes up you will be very sick and it takes a long time for things to normalize after that. just my2c.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    I don't know that its my liver. The only reason I assume it could be my liver is b/c its hurts after a night of drinking or after taking 17aa orals. And the pain is right around where I estimate the liver is located. The pain is a tight uncomfortableness. Its not sharp or dull, its almost like a knot. I don't know what the hell it is and its getting worse, that's why I'm going to see a Dr.
    I would chill out on the drinking while taking any kind of aas but especially orals

For the record, I hardly drink at all anymore, ever since I got real serious with my diet. And especially while taking aas. The "liver pain" from drinking is from the past before I ever started with aas.

Saw my Dr. He's sending me for a CAT scan and a blood test to check liver values. I'm currently taking 30mg of dbol per day. CAT scan is Friday night at 8pm. Blood work is Saturday morning at 7am. I'm thinking the dbols will skew the test results somehow. Should I not take them on Friday and wait till after I get my blood taken Sat morning to start taking them again? Or just take them as usual? Or maybe I should take my Friday dose earlier in the day, like all before noon or something. Maybe I do want the effects of the dbol to show up in the test, that way I'll know exactly what they are doing to me. I don't know.

Jd keep us updated............

I would take a step back and think about your current situation a little more. Maybe it would be a good idea to quit the dbol at least until you get the results back. Sure everything may be good, but that may be a good idea in light of your current situation. dbol is such a fast acting drug that i doubt it would kill your cycle.

Bro you have one liver. You can cycle any time and you can do dbol anytime.

I am not so sure thinking about the way the dbol will affect your tests is the responsible way to be thinking. maybe i am wrong though.

tman55 - I hear ya bro. I have not yet been diagnosed with any liver problems. After talking with my Dr, I'm actually starting to think it might be something else (long story don't feel like typing it all I'll just wait for the test results). I will stop the dbol for now though just to be safe until I get the test results. The reason I was contemplating continuing the dbol through the tests was to see the results of the dbol on my body. It would've been better to have the tests done before I started taking dbol to have a baseline, but oh well. I think it would be a good idea to have tests done mid-cycle to get an idea of what's happening to your body. So I'm not exactly sure what you meant about "the responsible way to be thinking".

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'll put it this way, i had major jaundice when i was a little bit younger, eyes yellow, skin tinted yellowish, horrible pains in my right side, diareha etc.. Same kind of pain you were talking about. Then again, if i told you my oral dosage, I think YOU'd die from liver damage.

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    I often get an uncomfortable tightness on the right side of my body right below the bottom of my rib cage. I'm not sure if its my liver. But the tightness is greater after a night of drinking or while on orals. Anyone have any experience with this?
    Happens to me all the time.

bro I promise i am not flaming you. i put myself in your shoes when trying to answer your question that is all. i decided if it were me and there was anything going on with my body to cause me to worry or be concerned in any way, I would quit my cycle, go to the doc and then evaluate what i want to do going forward. my approach is a conservative one i admit, but to me it is not responsible to continue the dbol until you know for sure you are alright. i realize you have not been diagnosed and i figure you are going to be fine, but in my way of thinking i think the responsible thing to do would be to err on the conservative side and stop now not later. what is the worst thing that could happen if you stop now and your liver is fine? what is the worst thing that could happen to you if you continue the dbol and find out something is wrong? personally if i continued the dbol and found out i had a problem i would be kicking myself in the butt. i hope all is well and good luck bro. again i have suffered through liver damage in the past and probably have a paranoid perspective, so just take my advice for what it is worth. peace.

Go my results from my CAT scan and bloodwork. My Dr said my liver is completely normal. Everything looks fine. That's kinda interesting seeing that I was taking 35mg of dbol up until a day before the tests. The pain has gone away and he's not going to do anymore tests unless it returns.

a quick way i have been told to diagnose liver problems is if you start to get a yellow tint in your eyes, show ur liver is maxing out...
    Plus real frothy piss (like when it hits the water it froths up real bad and doesn't disperse quickly)

just somethings to look out for

Thread Information