D00fy is offline Anabolic Member

Personal Trainers,any one?

Just looking into Persoanl Training certification ,how do you like it, is the pay good.. i know looking at the personal trainers at my gym most of them are making 4-6g a month.... thats good income i guess pay off the mortgage,get a car whatever.... just looking into some alternative jobs in the summer to make $$ to pay for law school if i get accepted.....

Right now i work at a gym as front desk ,maintaining the gym,making sure **** is clean , but manager said if i get my personal training certificate i can train , hell get 2 clients a month make 1g sounds good to me

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy
    Just looking into Persoanl Training certification ,how do you like it, is the pay good.. i know looking at the personal trainers at my gym most of them are making 4-6g a month.... thats good income i guess pay off the mortgage,get a car whatever.... just looking into some alternative jobs in the summer to make $$ to pay for law school if i get accepted.....

Right now i work at a gym as front desk ,maintaining the gym,making sure **** is clean , but manager said if i get my personal training certificate i can train , hell get 2 clients a month make 1g sounds good to me
    Who on earth told you a personal trainer at the gym makes 4-6g a month ???
    Even so, I whould estimate 5% of the trainers that make that much money !
    And it takes a lot of experience to know how to deal with people...it's not just about training, it's also about selling yourself.

If you do private personal training (training people at their homes)...then maybee, just maybee you could pull it off...but I doubt it.

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you wanna be making 6g's a month you BETTER be looking the part, physically. You also BETTER be able to work people over for their money, know what to say to them to make them keep coming. Very few trainers make that kind of money, I have in the past but it requires A LOT of hard work.

Like i said, make sure you look the part. No one wants to train with a skinny or fat personal trainer with no muscle.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    all I know is at the Gold's the trainers charge 50 a session, so you do the math.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    ROFL dood i was and am a PTrain. been one since i was 16... we make Jack shyt you have to be a used car salseman to make that kinda money.. lie and be like yes no prob i will make you loose 5%BF a week.. to make any money at all i didnt like it so now im going OU for Masters iN Phys THeRaPy but i still train on side for like 20 a session kuz im a nice guy .. 30$ if their hot and NO one pays 50$ per session atleast NOT IN MY STATE NO WHERE..40 is highest i have ever seen.

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    ROFL dood i was and am a PTrain. been one since i was 16... we make Jack shyt you have to be a used car salseman to make that kinda money.. lie and be like yes no prob i will make you loose 5%BF a week.. to make any money at all i didnt like it so now im going OU for Masters iN Phys THeRaPy but i still train on side for like 20 a session kuz im a nice guy .. 30$ if their hot and NO one pays 50$ per session atleast NOT IN MY STATE NO WHERE..40 is highest i have ever seen.
    believe me , they pay it. you'd be surprised!

ha in your place maybe been trainer for **** near 10 years getting a PT Certificate is like a scam IMO unless your going to dedicate some SEROIUS TIME and advertising properties... unless you can find a few good clients to keep on side while u work for a living. its like prostitution

well I dont know if they all charge that much, theres like 1 trainer whose got an incredible physique, I asked him he told me 50 a session. then theres a kind of fat dude, I doubt he charges that much ,and some hot chick. But I will ask them both and see if they charge the same or different prices.

if u do be become a trainer make sure u stay cert and dont let the 2 years go by

BDTR is offline Retired
    I charge 70 or so a session depending on who the client is.

BDTR, dude, if your as big as you say you are im shure richer people would pay 100 a session with no problems huh?

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I charge 70 or so a session depending on who the client is.
    yeah but u can charge that much because they fear you...and wont say differ

BDTR is offline Retired
    The problem is keeping them as clients in the long run. I have had clients who would not train without me. I figure i set a price for people that will make me quite a bit of money while still keeping them coming back. Now if i raised it to 100 a session, people would still pay but I doubt they'd stay as long. Gotta think long term here.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    BDTR, dude, if your as big as you say you are im shure richer people would pay 100 a session with no problems huh?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    The problem is keeping them as clients in the long run. I have had clients who would not train without me. I figure i set a price for people that will make me quite a bit of money while still keeping them coming back. Now if i raised it to 100 a session, people would still pay but I doubt they'd stay as long. Gotta think long term here.
    Good god, if I'm paying a person 70 an hour for anything, it involves a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Good god, if I'm paying a person 70 an hour for anything, it involves a happy ending.
    like squats?

the trainers work with people from Palm Beach ,Florida u know they got $$$

BDTR is offline Retired
    Does a handshake count?

Quote Originally Posted by rambo

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I'm trying to get certified right now as well. U.S 4000$ a month? That's a boatload of money to me.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy

I wanna be the Dik and say to doofy... Wrong Forum!!
    but seriously i thought of doing the personal training thing but i think the hours suck.. if you wanna get paid you gotta sell your soul to that gym.

icewind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanfanatic23
    all I know is at the Gold's the trainers charge 50 a session, so you do the math.

Man, I knew a guy in LA that charged 120$ per session...that is not the point....the point is how many of these trainers can make so much money ????

What gym do you think is gonna pay you 50$ per session when you just got certified ??!!!???

When I got certified I had 2 years of experience in bodybuilding and I thought that should be enough for me to get someone in shape...It's not like that !!!...It takes some time to develop a style to train and talk to you clients, like BDTS said...also to build a nutrition/training program for each different person...

You also have to have a name, reputation, body looks etc...to be able to charge people that much money...

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm not talking about working FOR the gym, i'm talking about being an independant trainer who pays "rent" to the gym to train people. There is no money in working for the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by icewind
    Man, I knew a guy in LA that charged 120$ per session...that is not the point....the point is how many of these trainers can make so much money ????

What gym do you think is gonna pay you 50$ per session when you just got certified ??!!!???

When I got certified I had 2 years of experience in bodybuilding and I thought that should be enough for me to get someone in shape...It's not like that !!!...It takes some time to develop a style to train and talk to you clients, like BDTS said...also to build a nutrition/training program for each different person...

You also have to have a name, reputation, body looks etc...to be able to charge people that much money...

the personal trainers at my gym operate at a 60/40 60% pay goes to trainer, 40% to owner

so 12 sessions at 70$ u do the math, get atleast 3-5clients a month your set on living standards

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you look the part, have a list of credentials/accomplishments both personal and business related, an archived list of people you've helped w/before and after shots, etc., you can make as much as you put into it.

I won't disclose my average monthly income, but I just did my taxes and will get my return in 2 weeks. I make much more than $4000 per month.

Then again I train on the Net, in addition to local services, which has no "store-front" limits.

~SC~

BDTR is offline Retired
    I absolutely cannot stress looking the part enough if you want to make big money. If you have a medicore physique, then that's exactly what you'll get in return, medicore money. Now i know you can "know" your sh1t without looking the part, but that's not what people want to see, they want to see you KNOW how to get results and you practice them on yourself. If you look like hell or are skinny or fat or whatever else, no one is going to wanna train with you.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you look the part, have a list of credentials/accomplishments both personal and business related, an archived list of people you've helped w/before and after shots, etc., you can make as much as you put into it.

~SC~
    Exactly.....I used to work for Gold's gym and they charge a range of $49-$60 a session depending on the number of sessions bought. In return they pay the trainers anywhere from $16-$23 per training session depending on your credentials. Now that isn't to shabby in pay but you can make better money as an independent trainer but that difficult task at hand is finding a gym that will allow you to sub-contract cause most are going in house and kick all other trainers out. Luckily I have found a couple that allow me to train in their gyms. I pay $50 a month along with a $30 per head I train each month which covers their monthly dues. You do have to look the part and have the credentials and accomplishments to back it up. You also need to be able to sell yourself and be able to put the "time" into managing your clients. A little phrase I've learned that helps in keeping a mind set is " people don't care how much you know until they know you care". It's a cheesy saying but it's proven true to me many of times.

Thread Information