cjp85 is offline Member

Anyone know about strep throat?

I've had strep throat for about a week now and I've lost about 14 pounds. I'm going to the doctor in the morning, but does anyone know any good remedies that will hold me over till then? This sh!t feels like I'm swollowing glass and I need something to ease the pain. Also, when I go to the doc is there anything I should ask for? Thanks guys..

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    sure its strep? sounds like mono too me, stop kissing nasty girls!

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    sure its strep? sounds like mono too me, stop kissing nasty girls!
    How could I tell if it was mono? I doubt it is, I don't pound the dirty broads, buy ya never know.

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    are ur lynods swollen on ur neck? i had that same ****, but it wasnt mono, wasnt strep either, i just had swollen ass lympnods and couldnt eat.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Yep, I hope it's not mono, that sh|t lasts like a month

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    you shouldn't have waited this long. It could be systemic already. strep can be fatal. If you really have it, you need antibiotics as fast as possible, before it spreads to your organs.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    you shouldn't have waited this long. It could be systemic already. strep can be fatal. If you really have it, you need antibiotics as fast as possible, before it spreads to your organs.
    I may be able to go to urgent care tonight, is it really that dangerous?

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    Gargling salt water helps kill some of the bacteria.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmeat
    Gargling salt water helps kill some of the bacteria.
    Thanks man, I'll try that.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    My ma went on vacation to mexico a couple years back, and I had her pick up some Penicillan ( labeled amaxacillan ). Its the same anti's that you wait and wait for your doctor to give you. I get strep once a year, and when I know its coming I start taking my own sh!t until its completely gone. It works great, I never reach the "I think im gonna die" part. Just remember to take it for a couple days after you think your completely cured. If you dont, itll creep back to you and itll be harder to cure.

Of course consult with a real physician before doing anything like this.

cjp85 is offline Member
    What the legality of Penicillan in the states without a script?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    try and score some vicodin or sumthin for the pain.....the doc will probably give you levaquin for strep, it usually subsides in about 5 days....last year the doc told me i had the worst case he had seen lthat year, and i lost 20 lbs in a little over a week. felt like i was swallowing fvcking glass

cjp85 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    try and score some vicodin or sumthin for the pain.....the doc will probably give you levaquin for strep, it usually subsides in about 5 days....last year the doc told me i had the worst case he had seen lthat year, and i lost 20 lbs in a little over a week. felt like i was swallowing fvcking glass
    Same here bro. Must be somethin in the SoCal air. I swear everytime the seasons change I get sick, but usually not this bad.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cjp85
    What the legality of Penicillan in the states without a script?
    **** thats wierd i can get penicillan xanax valium etc...... without a presc here

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    It sounds to me like u have mono.. when i had mono it took so much effort for me to swallow even water. it felt as though i was swallowing knives. its like i had to strech out my neck to swallow. it was horrible. i was also so weak that i actually fell down my stairs. if u have mono stay home rest. the first time i had it i was 17 and i was out of school for about a month. all i did was sleep. more then i ever slept before. it was crazy. the only advice that i could give u is to sleep all day and take care of yourself. try to eat and don't go tot he gym don't do a **** thing. if u do u will wear yourself out even more and get yourself extremely sick. since then i have had it 2 more times. it sux. it also come along with the epstein bar virus which is in your for life along with mono.... so please take care of yourself....

decadbal is offline Banned
    suck it up and drive on

cjp85 is offline Member
    Went to the doctor. Said I have a pretty bad case of strep. He gave me some amoxicillin and some codeine that knocks me out about 10 minutes after I take it. I'm starting to feel better. I just can't believe the weight I've lost, it kind of sucks but I'll get it back.

Thread Information