Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Audioslave

  1. #1
    ginkobulloba's Avatar
    ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,142

    Audioslave

    Just heard a new tune from Audioslave on the radio today and it sounded pretty good. Supposedly a new album in May, too.

  2. #2
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Boy thats some good news! I love me some Audioslave.

  3. #3
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    I love Audioslave....

    Bought their CD shortly after release, and I still listen to it quite frequently... one of the better one's made in the last 5 years IMO..... without question..........

    I'll cop the new one asap.........

  4. #4
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    I ****ing LOVE Audioslave.

  5. #5
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I ****ing LOVE Audioslave.
    Dammit.......
    They must not be that good then...

  6. #6
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Dammit.......
    They must not be that good then...
    If I was a chick, I'd bang Chris Cornell. Have you heard his version of Ave Maria? God****, that beautiful man has an amazing voice. I was the biggest fan of Soundgarden, and of Rage, so this is like a blisful match for me.

    And kiss my ass, Canuck.

  7. #7
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    If I was a chick, I'd bang Chris Cornell. Have you heard his version of Ave Maria? God****, that beautiful man has an amazing voice. I was the biggest fan of Soundgarden, and of Rage, so this is like a blisful match for me.

    And kiss my ass, Canuck.
    I dunno about the banging part, but I also enjoy his vocal skills alot lol...
    I still listen to SG and RATM alot too..........

  8. #8
    Animal Cracker's Avatar
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    3,658
    I havent heard the new one...I liked the first album.

  9. #9
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    If I was a chick, I'd bang Chris Cornell. Have you heard his version of Ave Maria? God****, that beautiful man has an amazing voice. I was the biggest fan of Soundgarden, and of Rage, so this is like a blisful match for me.

    And kiss my ass, Canuck.
    Where can I hear that version of ave maria???? I couldnt find it on win mx.

  10. #10
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    Just heard a new tune from Audioslave on the radio today and it sounded pretty good. Supposedly a new album in May, too.
    cornell could sing with soundgarden....now it sounds like he is coughing up a throwing star

  11. #11
    TooSmall's Avatar
    TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ontario, canada
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    If I was a chick, I'd bang Chris Cornell. Have you heard his version of Ave Maria? God****, that beautiful man has an amazing voice. I was the biggest fan of Soundgarden, and of Rage, so this is like a blisful match for me.

    And kiss my ass, Canuck.
    bump, minus that bang part........

  12. #12
    UrbanLegend's Avatar
    UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,709
    I love Audioslave. I think the new song is called "Be yourself" or something like that......it didn't sound as good as a lot of their other stuff, but I bet the new CD will be good anway. Its not like you can tell the quality from just one single but if its anything like their first CD I'll love it.

    I liked RATM, but I never really like the way their lead singer sounded. Zach was just a wailing bitch, like a dog that needed to be put down. Now that Zach is out of the band, they don't make all that angry, politically charged stuff (some of which was still cool), they have a really nice sound, its a lot better than what they used to do IMO.

  13. #13
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    I still love Morello's stuff......... always have, always will.....

  14. #14
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Probably the best rock band out right now, since RATM's split.

  15. #15
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Probably the best rock band out right now.
    I agree with you here for sure... I can't wait to get a chance to listen to the new CD in it's entirety..

  16. #16
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    Ehh...Audioslave isn't that good...

  17. #17
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    Ehh...Audioslave isn't that good...
    I used to like you.

  18. #18
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    I didn't mean it like they were the worst band ever, there's just other bands I like better, Like Mustard Plug for instance.

  19. #19
    KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yorktown
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    I didn't mean it like they were the worst band ever, there's just other bands I like better, Like Mustard Plug for instance.
    Hmm...seeing as I've never heard of them before, your opinion on rock bands is now dismissed.

  20. #20
    TestTubeBaby's Avatar
    TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    424
    while cornell has the best voice in rock in the last 15 yrs, him trying to sing ave maria is hilarious.

  21. #21
    ginkobulloba's Avatar
    ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    Hmm...seeing as I've never heard of them before, your opinion on rock bands is now dismissed.

  22. #22
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by TestTubeBaby
    while cornell has the best voice in rock in the last 15 yrs, him trying to sing ave maria is hilarious.
    You'd think so, but it's not. I don't remember where, but I've seen an interview where an opera expert was saying how if he did a little work he could hit several notes that would make him a decent opera singer. He has a LOT of vocal range.

  23. #23
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    I love Audioslave. I think the new song is called "Be yourself" or something like that......it didn't sound as good as a lot of their other stuff, but I bet the new CD will be good anway. Its not like you can tell the quality from just one single but if its anything like their first CD I'll love it.

    I liked RATM, but I never really like the way their lead singer sounded. Zach was just a wailing bitch, like a dog that needed to be put down. Now that Zach is out of the band, they don't make all that angry, politically charged stuff (some of which was still cool), they have a really nice sound, its a lot better than what they used to do IMO.
    zach was a ranting raving whaling bitch....but tom fed off of him...its clear to see audioslave is not 1/10th the band rage was......ill agree cornell had one of the best voices in rock since the 90's....but put on some headphones and listen to cochise....god awful

  24. #24
    BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,941
    Where/When did he sing ave maria? I would like to check that out.

  25. #25
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    never really listened to audioslave. But i did like rage against the machine before there split

  26. #26
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Where/When did he sing ave maria? I would like to check that out.
    I think it's on the Great Expectations Soundtrack.

  27. #27
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by asymmetrical1
    zach was a ranting raving whaling bitch....but tom fed off of him...its clear to see audioslave is not 1/10th the band rage was......ill agree cornell had one of the best voices in rock since the 90's....but put on some headphones and listen to cochise....god awful
    Disagree. Cochise wasn't his best work, but if you listen to the rest of the CD, you'll see that Audioslave isn't trying to be Rage. It's a lot more melodic and introspective. Listen to songs like "Settle Down" and "Shadow of the Sun", and you'll see Cornell shine through as usual, switching octaves like (insert Nascar Driver here) switches gears. I just love the way Morello pops in to every song and just wails. Listen to the guitar solo halfway through "I am the Highway", I think it might be one of my favorite of all time.

  28. #28
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Info on Ave Maria:

    This version of the "Ave Maria" text is not the traditional Catholic prayer (Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum...), but an excerpt from Sir Walter Scott's poem "The Lady of the Lake." The tune that Chris Cornell chose was originally composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828), who used the first two verses of the text below translated into German by Adolf Storck. However, Cornell performed it in its original English (though not in Old English as was publicized; it's in Elizabethan English) and the recording is something akin to a duet between Cornell and Eleven's Natasha. Executive producer Linda Feder was quoted as saying, "They felt very strongly about wanting to do a traditional song, a classical piece, something that might turn young people onto classical music."

    From: http://web.stargate.net/soundgarden/...st-avsc3.shtml

    I guess it was on the "A Very Special Christmas Album 3"

    Now, I wonder if any of you have heard of the song he did with Alice in Chains? It was called "Right Turn" on the Chain's Sap EP. It's an awesome song too.

  29. #29
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Disagree. Cochise wasn't his best work, but if you listen to the rest of the CD, you'll see that Audioslave isn't trying to be Rage. It's a lot more melodic and introspective. Listen to songs like "Settle Down" and "Shadow of the Sun", and you'll see Cornell shine through as usual, switching octaves like (insert Nascar Driver here) switches gears. I just love the way Morello pops in to every song and just wails. Listen to the guitar solo halfway through "I am the Highway", I think it might be one of my favorite of all time.
    right on man....guess melodic is not what im looking for in a band...if it were, id be listening to maroon 5.....

  30. #30
    ginkobulloba's Avatar
    ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    1,142
    Temple of The Dog was really good, too, remember them? They had Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell. There's this song called Say Hello To Heaven that is good and of course Hunger Strike which you can still hear on the radio.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    4,195
    I think Audioslave sucks a dirty donkeys dick. I miss Rage Against the Machine!!!!!!

  32. #32
    PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Running through your mind
    Posts
    2,566
    I miss RAM too!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •