Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

Advice for Northerners moving to the South:

Advice for Northerners moving to the South:

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed on how to use it shortly.

Just because you can drive on snow and ice does not mean Southerners can. Stay home the two days of the year it snows.

If you DO run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four-wheel pick-up with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

You can ask Southerners for directions, but unless you already know the positions of key hills, trees and rocks, you're better off trying to find it yourself.

REMEMBER: Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural. All y'all's is plural possessive.

Get used to hearing, "You ain't from around here, are you?"

Don't be worried that you don't understand anyone. They don't understand you either.

The first Southern _expression to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big ol'", as in "big ol' truck", or "big ol' boy". "Fixin'" (as in "I'm fixin' to go to the store") is 2nd, and "Y'all" is 3rd.

As you are cursing the person driving 15 mph in a 55 mph zone directly in the middle of the road, remember: ALL Southern folks learned to drive on a John Deere, and this is the proper speed and lane position for that vehicle.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!", get out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say, or worse still, that you will ever hear.

Most Southerners do not use turn signals; they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a Southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was already turned on when the car was purchased.

If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the most minuscule accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It does not matter if you need anything from the store. It is just something you're supposed to do.

Satellite dishes are very popular in the South. When you purchase one, it is positioned directly in front of the house. This is logical, bearing in mind that the dish cost considerably more than the house and should, therefore, be prominently displayed.

One last warning but probably the most important one to remember: Be advised that in the South, "He needed killin'" is a valid defense
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Most Southerners do not use turn signals; they ignore those who do. In fact, if you see a signal blinking on a car with a Southern license plate, you may rest assured that it was already turned on when the car was purchased.

I think this assumption was made observing Northeners driving in the South.

If you DO run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in the cab of a four-wheel pick-up with a 12-pack of beer and a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them. Just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all, watch this!", get out of his way. These are likely the last words he will ever say, or worse still, that you will ever hear.

If it can't be fried in bacon grease, it ain't worth cooking, let alone eating.

One last warning but probably the most important one to remember: Be advised that in the South, "He needed killin'" is a valid defense

DANM STRAIGHT!
    Last edited by BUBBA74; 03-13-2005 at 10:49 AM.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL...very true too

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member

yep, it's very hard to get used to things in SC being from NY. The hardest thing to get used to is the pace of life down here. They are alot more layed back and like to take thier sweet time doing everything. It's nice to enjoy life and take things slow once in awhile, but if your going someplace to eat get there about an hour before your actually hungry, and when your getting your change handed back to you expect an extra 5 minute wait, because the cashier is usually on the cell phone talking at the same time.

PaRiS2005 is offline Female Member
    I love living in the south!! Yee-haw!!

decadbal is offline Banned
    best advice for nothern ppl moving south....dont... stay up there where your liked and wanted...

bc we sure as phuck dont want you down here

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    well i live in the south and i don't find it like this in any places i go, so i don't understand how you could believe that most southerners are like this.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I always liked going too the zoo when I was a child. Watching all of the stinky, greazy animals that habitate there amused me greatly. So I figure I will definitely visit the deep dark south USA someday just to see if people there are actually as goofy in real life as they are on television. Heehaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    best advice for nothern ppl moving south....dont... stay up there where your liked and wanted...

Thanks for saying what I had in my heart .

xfade7 is offline Member
    ah, you hicks!

bad_dre is offline New Member
    I got another one for you. After moving to tn from northern in. I started a job at the end of the day 3-4 people at would say i'm going to "the house". My interpretation was they were all roommates at some party house. I was wrong every one at the end of the day goes to (the house).

BodyMechanic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I always liked going too the zoo when I was a child. Watching all of the stinky, greazy animals that habitate there amused me greatly. So I figure I will definitely visit the deep dark south USA someday just to see if people there are actually as goofy in real life as they are on television. Heehaw.
    Don't believe everything you see on TV.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion

Chicamahomico:

What you are looking for is some Hillbillies they are a rare endangered breed which inhabit the mountainous regions of the Southern United States. They can also be found in some parts of Alabama .

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    Chicamahomico:

What you are looking for is some Hillbillies they are a rare endangered breed which inhabit the mountainous regions of the Southern United States. They can also be found in some parts of Alabama .
    WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Said hillbillies don't take kindly to strangers. It's best just to leave them be...or you might never be heard from again.

So do as Deca said.

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'd love to move to the south some day, but I just dont fit in when im there. I get strange looks etc..

CutieFace Guest
    My sis is looking to move south...I have to send that to her...

Cutie

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    I like Canada

The south is fun...we got the best asses you'll ever see...

Quote Originally Posted by PaRiS2005
    The south is fun...we got the best asses you'll ever see...
    I like asses too

Who doesn't?!

Who doesn't?!
    Beats me....haha......If i was going south i would wanna go to brazil and find some fine dime brizzles, as snoop dogg so eloqouently puts it
    brazilan girls and latin girls and mexicans and black girls and indian girls and puerto rican girls and white girls........i could go on forever

I don't like Snoop dogg...

hes a cool guy. Paris whos in ur avatar? Cameron Diaz?

lol ME!!!!!!! I get that all the time on here.

lol ME!!!!!!! I get that all the time on here.
    wow ur really pretty you look just like her

Haha, thank you. I get that I look like her all the time. I personally don't see it...

Haha, thank you. I get that I look like her all the time. I personally don't see it...
    The hair, and then the cheekbones, lips.......lets just say that ur.............****NNNNNN
    pm me a bodyshot

What was the last part **** nnnn?

What was the last part **** nnnn?
    D A M N

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Yes that is what I am looking for. I seen only Northern Trailer Trash so I am not yet familiar with the southern variety of the species. I have heard that they are somewhat greazier and smellier than their Northern counterparts possibly due to the hot, humid climate. But this is purely conjecture. Also, Miami and Key Isalands do not count as Southern IMO.

Chicamahomico:

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

HAHAHA thats right guys. and if you do move down here and dont like it, we also have trains, planes, and automobiles for your ass to move back!

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    I'd love to move to the south some day, but I just dont fit in when im there. I get strange looks etc..
    you would fit in just fine down here. just dont venture out in the country by yourself. they may mistake you for a bear! an ugly one at that.

Also, Miami and Key Isalands do not count as Southern IMO.
    Yeah thats Northern Cuba

Yeah thats Northern Cuba

or yankee paradise. depends on how you look at it.

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Wink

Yes that is what I am looking for. I seen only Northern Trailer Trash so I am not yet familiar with the southern variety of the species. I have heard that they are somewhat greazier and smellier than their Northern counterparts possibly due to the hot, humid climate. But this is purely conjecture. Also, Miami and Key Isalands do not count as Southern IMO.

There are trailers in the north? :spudniklu

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    or yankee paradise. depends on how you look at it.
    Yeah those d*mn Snow Birds that never seem to fly back up north!

Yeah those d*mn Snow Birds that never seem to fly back up north!

yeah if the south were to seceed again, we would ask nicely for the north to take miami. they can have it!

Spyder Guest
    i dont get it ... why would we wanna move down? aside from the weather, theres nothing else .......... well, all the florida beaches, hot women, ......ok forget it, i take it back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information