Thread: Help please

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Help please

I need sombody to explain to me how to work microsoft excel. I have attatched a mock up database of some common foods along with the values. I need to be able to say for example K4=A4*G4. I tried this in the box itself bu ti got an error message. Any ideas ??

**EDIT** -Cant upload the file type but heres an example :

A B C D E

1 FOOD TYPE Cal. Protein Portions Total

2 Chicken 280 25.4 2 560

So i need b2*d2=e2 but dont know whjy it wont let me do it
    Last edited by Chemical King; 03-15-2005 at 09:40 AM.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    So for your B2*D2 = E2 what you do is at E2 you to insert -> function. when the window comes up, select "product". thats the multiplication function. Then you would put b2:d2 in the input box and hit ok. thats says calculate the product (multiplication) of b2 * d2 and since had e2 selected, thats where the total will be.

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I've attached an example for you. Because the site doesn't accept Excel files (.xls), I changed the extension to .doc and uploaded it. You need to change the extension back to .xls before you open it.

To make it an xls file, first make sure you can see the whole file name with the extension (i.e. Example.doc). If you can see it, just right-click the mouse on the file and select Rename, then change the name to (Example.xls).

If you can see it as (Example) without the extension, then go to the Windows Explorer (from the Programs > accessories menu) and then select Tools > Folder Options and select the View tab, then unselect "Hide extensions for known file types" and you will be able to see the full file name, so you will need to change the extension only.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    it doesnt let me download it. Eror message says cant convert it. You can email me it at [email protected] -thanks

Thread Information