Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    exact opposite
    ive done the worst things in relationships guess cuz i get more protective
    This is me here too...when it starts to go bad, and during breakups I can be a bad man. I behave pretty well and have a clear head when I'm single. I also am a big baby when I first hook up with a girl.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    ive done the worst things in relationships guess cuz i get more protective
    i think the worst can be after, if the girl you were with gets a new man. i'm still going to beat the $hit out of my ex's boyfriend when i can find him and i have a different girlfriend right now. i don't know why but i'm going to.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    It would be nice if you could lease a woman of your choice for 90 days!
    Bro, that's basically what I'm doing except I'm not paying and my I've got several rides to choose from.

"I don't know what ya heard about me. . . ."

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    It would be nice if you could lease a woman of your choice for 90 days!
    I think in the Wicca religion you can have what's called a "handfasting" which lasts for 12 months . . . it's roughly equilavalent to a one year marriage. But if a woman becomes pregnant along the way, well, some other rules apply, dunno what they are . . .

Subgeniuses (www.subgenius.com) have a "Short Duration Marriage License" which lasts for 48 hours . . . come to think of it, I think Muslims have something similar; some sort of arrangement that sanctions short-term intimate relationships . . .

-Tock

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally Posted by Tock
    and he told me that most people (75%+) are not suited to handle long-term relationships with other people.
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by colossus1
    Did you that 95% of statistics are pulled out of peoples ass*s just like this one.
    Well, consider that 50% of all marriages end in divorce, and of the ones that don't, probably about half are miserable . . . so, the numbers seem reasonable -- to me, anyway.
    -Tock

decadbal is offline Banned
    i do... being tied to anything i find annoying and boring...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Being single rocks! All that love crap ever did for me was hold me back and distract me from planning for my future. All my wives took me for whatever I had at the time. Most of my permanent GFs, too. ALL of them tried to be controlling and stuff... I think most of them never saw me... they saw the man that they thought they could turn me into.

If I ever get into a permanent livein relationship again, it will be built on a foundation of mutual self-interest instead of love, at least initially, and she won't be a dependant or a leech... she will be a responsible partner. Otherwise I stay single and look out for myself.

Since I have been single, my earning power has finally started to mean something. My expenses are down, I have more time on my hands, etc. My ex GF spent the weekend with me and **** it I felt like she was a ball and chain. A wasted weekend, aside from some terrific sex, that I could just as easily have gotten elsewhere.

Being single has allowed me to take more of a minimalist approach to life, concentrating on only a few important things like career development, my physique and health, stuff like that. In the last 7 months I have gone from being $17,000 in debt to having a $13,000 cash surplus without that **** ball and chain around my neck.

I would be interested, MAYBE, in getting hitched up again, but only to an independent, intelligent, educated, career tracked woman near my own age who hates being controlled and understands that I can hate it too, or even the appearance of it. She will have her own money so I know I can trust her with mine. She will need her space sometimes and leave me alone when I need some too. She won't confuse sex with love, or love with money, or money with happiness. She will be content to let the love thing happen if it will, and be satisfied with a great relationship with a good looking, charming, sensible man if it doesn't, and all the economic advantages there are to sharing housing etc expenses, and having a man who is a great cook and who appreciates fine food. She won't nag, she won't get big and fat, she won't whine about me being gone at work for months at a time. If I never meet her, that's okay. Got a date with a 22YO chick tonight who I have boinked before, and she doesn't mind being treated like a postage stamp (lick her, stick her, send her away)

I may be cynical, but I am a happy cynic.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    interesting...................

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Being single for me is great because I do not like to share myself emotionaly. My dad is the same way, I think I got it from him. He is in his 60's and has a few female "friends". I do not like not being able to come and go as I please. I can honestly say I have no interest in starting a traditional family. I want a son, but I do not want a wife.

I was not raised in a traditional family, perhaps that's why I want it so much.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I was not raised in a traditional family, perhaps that's why I want it so much.
    I wasn't either, and that is exactly why I don't want it.

I can't help but wonder if I would have benefited, and if so that MY children may benefit from my agony and desire to throw myself from a cliff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information