hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

degree online????

sup guys any of you ever earned a degree online. like from the univ. of phoenix or devry univ?? is it worth it? also are the actually credited universities?

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't think those degrees are worth shiit in an employers eyes. If you want to get a real degree on line you can enroll in you local state college, and you can see what they offer for internet classes, its more expensive, but you get a more respectable degree.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I did many courses online.

Liked and hatred them

Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    i don't think those degrees are worth shiit in an employers eyes. If you want to get a real degree on line you can enroll in you local state college, and you can see what they offer for internet classes, its more expensive, but you get a more respectable degree.
    actually devry is very very expensive! also supposedly more technical.. its 460$ PER CREDIT HOUR where as here at unc its 400$ a course. i was just curious about howmany of you have done that

BDTR is offline Retired
    I know someone who went to University of phon online, got a good job too.

Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    I know someone who went to University of phon online, got a good job too.

yeah i know some too but **** its expensive as ****!!

BDTR is offline Retired
    Yeah, she said it cost her quite a bit.

decadbal is offline Banned
    any education is better than no education

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    My friend is taking undergrad courses now at Phoenix and it's more then my graduate classes per credit hour at a good private college.

For undergrad I took some online at a large state university. I like the comments by D-END about going to a recognizable school. It also depends on your situation. If you are young and gettting your first degree then a diploma from University of X, (state school) sounds better than Phoenix, just because the person interviewing you will be more familiar with it. If you already have a job and years of experience then I don't think it matters as much anymore.

I liked taking math related, accounting, and finance type classes online. For things where there was a ton of writing I found it much better to go to a classroom because it is much easier to get a feel for the teachers personality and what they like so you can taylor your righting to their style.

Look into how exams are done. For me, when I took an online class there were proctored exams, so you had to drive to a specific site and take exams with about 1000 other people that are there for many different classes. Sometimes just for the final, other times the midterm and the final were proctored.
    Last edited by sp9; 03-15-2005 at 05:09 PM.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    actually devry is very very expensive! also supposedly more technical.. its 460$ PER CREDIT HOUR where as here at unc its 400$ a course. i was just curious about howmany of you have done that
    Devry is def. a well established school.... my friend just graduated from the Chicago location in Computer Engineering... He took most of his courses at the school though... the easier ones I believe he did online

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    online college was huge when i was in the army allot of people got degree's online and some got good jobs, but some are better off as toilet paper

Thread Information