Question Need Advice on: performance chip, cold air intake, and exhaust

I have been looking around to get these 3 items for my car, and I happen to have the money now. I am just curious if any car bufs here at AR could help me out:

2004 Mustang GT/coupe/5speed/4.6

I have been looking at a few brands of each of the items but I dont have a clue on which one to get or if I am even selecting the right parts to add on to my stang'.

CHIP: I am looking for one for mostly HP and speed, not worried about fuel milage or anything.

Exhaust: I know the simple thing to do would be to run two flowmasters but I really like borla exhaust, its just better quality and sound IMO. But I dont know if the extra 4-500 bucks for the borla is worth it.

Cold Air Intake: couldn't find any solid websites that would say would kinda of improvment was expected, so any recomendations are appreciated!

OKAY, So the final question is: does anyone know what kinda of HP I should get from each of the three items aprox. And if anyone has any recomendations for a website to look at or a particular brand I would appreciate it!

OH, and if you think I should get something else instead of one of the items feel free to explain the advantage! (pleasE)

Thanks
    Alex

bumpity bump

please
    Alex

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Get a blower.................

Seriously though, there are COUNTLESS companies who tailor to your car....

Borla is worth the $ if you can afford it...

Go buy an issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.........

a supercharger would be like 4 grand, not wanting to put that much in it right now bro.

I will try to pick up a copy of those magazines, do you know of any websites off the top of you head I could check out?

thanks
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasAlex
    a supercharger would be like 4 grand, not wanting to put that much in it right now bro.

I will try to pick up a copy of those magazines, do you know of any websites off the top of you head I could check out?

thanks
    Alex
    It's one publication, that is the full title... MM&FF...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php? is a decent board to read up on.... even though yours isn't a Cobra...

Another few are:
    http://forums.stangnet.com/index.php?
    www.corral.net
    http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    SCREW BORLA!

go with Magnaflow magnapacks and a basani X-pipe.... you wont be dissapointed! My car is loud as **** and all my neighbors hate it LMAO! I've got a 2000 Mustang GT..... jsut about every bolt on except for headers and throttle body.

i brought my car to a speed shop near me... the guy knows TONS about fords.... he took ym computer chip out.... i ahve a high eprformance racing transmission and a chip doesn't interact well with it.... i don't run a chip so im nto of much help in that are.

W/e u do... don't get WMS velocity tube for your CAI - it's screwin my car up.... i'd go with something more mainstream.... lots of people use MAC or something popular.

spend the extra cash ont he basani x-pipe with highflow cats.... and get the magnaflow magnapacka exhaust..... im tellin yah dude.... your gunna LOVE the sound.....
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

www.stangnet.com excellent site for mustangs.. they have a message board too

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

oh and in my honest opinion.... if i could do everything all over again...... exhaust would be #1..... and then i'd rock the suspension work......

i couldn't keep ym tires from spinning...... the UPR race upper/lower double adjustable control arms helped a lot..... and so do drag radials when i race

- Knockout_Power

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    as far as exhaust, a friend of mine put the SLP loudmouths on his 2004 Cobra... all i can say is LOUD... if you like loud, and i think we all do... those will do the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by RJstrong
    as far as exhaust, a friend of mine put the SLP loudmouths on his 2004 Cobra... all i can say is LOUD... if you like loud, and i think we all do... those will do the trick!
    I have to agree here also.....

depends on what kind of sound your looking for in my opinion....

SLP will be a deeper sound.....

basani x-pipe with magnapacks will give you that deep sound when just hitting the gas.... but when ur full throttle u get a race/exotic car kinda sound...... raspy yet very very muscular.....

Both exhausts are as loud as they come tho...... anything other than these 2.... definately wont be as loud

- Knockout_Power

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    chek out jegs.com, jba.com. Get some headers, a flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust, or you can straight pipe it, LOUD, get a k&n aircharger, or an aem cold air intake, aftermarket throttlebody and throttlebody spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by maxmuscle187
    chek out jegs.com, jba.com. Get some headers, a flowmaster or magnaflow exhaust, or you can straight pipe it, LOUD, get a k&n aircharger, or an aem cold air intake, aftermarket throttlebody and throttlebody spacer.
    tb wont add much HP... waste of money. Thats why i havn't bought one yet.... and TB spacers are BS.......

get more out of an MAF or a timing adjuster.....

all those magazines are way tooooo expensive also..... goto www.stangnet.com - check out the parts shopper on their website

and when you straight pipe you don't have enough back pressure.... go with the right exhaust and it'll be louder than you can imagine... AND still have back pressure.

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    and when you straight pipe you don't have enough back pressure.... go with the right exhaust and it'll be louder than you can imagine... AND still have back pressure.
    You don't need the same back pressure as would be required by a smaller ci. engine... you don't have to run an exhaust at all if you didn't want... in theory.

Btw, louder isn't always better. Borla > Magnaflow re: quality hands down.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    i like how the borla xr 1 mufflers sound, as far as an intake , the anderson power pipe is good for hp, i am not sure about a chip though......if you really.....really want to gain alot of horsepower and torque i woul go with this thing(dont remember what its called..................oh yea i remember ...a CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

chevrolet rules

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally from what I have heard from some shops around here I would run Magna over Borla.. Apperantly their quality has gone down, I was stuck between the two and after hearing both and hearing testemonies on both I am running the Magnaflow!

Quote Originally Posted by muff-chaser
    i like how the borla xr 1 mufflers sound, as far as an intake , the anderson power pipe is good for hp, i am not sure about a chip though......if you really.....really want to gain alot of horsepower and torque i woul go with this thing(dont remember what its called..................oh yea i remember ...a CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!)

chevrolet rules
    um no.... i'd go with chevy if i wanted to hear squeaking inside my car after i've had it for a year......

Can
    Hear
    Ever
    Valve
    Rattle
    On
    Long
    Extended
    Trips
    First
    On
    Race
    Day

don't even say.... found on road dead... or fixed or repaired daily....

my friend has a camaro.... it always breaks down and it sounds like ass.... he's got the slp exhaust.... id go with a T/A before a maro.....

- Knockout_Power

um no.... i'd go with chevy if i wanted to hear squeaking inside my car after i've had it for a year......

Can
    Hear
    Ever
    Valve
    Rattle
    On
    Long
    Extended
    Trips
    First
    On
    Race
    Day

my friend has a camaro.... it always breaks down and it sounds like ass.... he's got the slp exhaust.... id go with a T/A before a maro.....
    WERD I knew I liked you for some reason...

Can
    Hear
    Ever
    Valve
    Rattle
    On
    Long
    Extended
    Trips
    First
    On
    Race
    Day

See now why'd you go and do that? I have a camaro (that everyone loves) doesnt have a rattle!! I just gave you quality exhaust but then you go shooting down a Camaro!? see the problem is ford stands for all these:
    1. frikin
    owner
    really
    dumb (thats you)
    2. found
    on
    rubbish
    dump
    3.FORD BACKWARDS STANDS FOR:
    DUMB
    RETARDED
    OR JUST
    ****ED
    4.Ford
    Owners
    Rape
    Dick
    5.Facker Only Rolls Downhill
    6.First On Recall Day
    7.Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven

I got nothing agaist stangs or any other car, but keep personals to yerself

i can live peacefully with camaros i guess..... i just ahte how most camaro owners a d*ckheads.... not implying you are lol....

look at all the imports.... they'll all band together against the american cars....

us american car owners.... nto only are we fighting imports.. .we fight eachother too..... but why..... because CHEVY THINKS THEY OWN THE ROAD!

If the last body style didn't look like a **** catfish.... and the onebefore that look like a wedge of cheese.... i might like it over the T/A..... T/A's have more style tho.

One thing im sure we can agree on.... and thats that imports suck!

- Knockout_Power

i can live peacefully with camaros i guess..... i just ahte how most camaro owners a d*ckheads.... not implying you are lol....

look at all the imports.... they'll all band together against the american cars....

us american car owners.... nto only are we fighting imports.. .we fight eachother too..... but why..... because CHEVY THINKS THEY OWN THE ROAD!

If the last body style didn't look like a **** catfish.... and the onebefore that look like a wedge of cheese.... i might like it over the T/A..... T/A's have more style tho.

One thing im sure we can agree on.... and thats that imports suck!
    LOL as soon as you slap a different hood on it it looks great.. to each thier own.. but imo I am humble lol

Thread Information