Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member

Has anyone dealt with a family member with schizophrenia?

If so pm me, or you can talk about it here. My sister is having auditory hallucinations and very paranoid thoughts. She thinks that a company that she left 4 years ago is preventing her from getting a job on wall street. She thinks her fiancee has hired a private investigator to track her every move. Worst of all, she thinks that someone is trying to use EM waves to read her mind. She's been scouring the internet for devices to detect and prevent mind control.

I heard this last part, the mind control, from my brother. Since i don't want her to think that he and i are in on the conspiracy, I cannot contact her directly, only through him. Can anyone offer any kind of advice in this situation.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Bring her to a hospital bro.. she needs meds badly. Therapy rarely helps schizophernia, my aunt has it but it's controlled. I think she's on welbutrin.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BDTR
    Bring her to a hospital bro.. she needs meds badly. Therapy rarely helps schizophernia, my aunt has it but it's controlled. I think she's on welbutrin.
    I agree..the sooner this is taken care of the better. I have done plenty of research on this issue and in some cases it can be controlled by meds, some not. Good luck Dude-Man.

my sister takes wellbutrin, which is counter-indicated for schizophrenia. Schiz. is associated with excess dopamine levels or exces dopamine sensitivity, while wellbutrin increases the amount of free dopamine in the brain. I think that the wellbutrin may be associated with some of her symptoms. I can't take her to the hospital, she's 8 hours away. No one in my family lives nearby. I'm trying to figure out a solution to convince her to get help on her own, that way there's less reinforcement for the everyone's out to get my hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by BDTR

BDTR is offline Retired
    I might be wrong on the welbutrin... it could have been Risperdal or however you spell it.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, sorry if it came off that way. Your post actually made me remember that she was currently taking wellbutrin, and that helped a ton. I'm going to suggest she stop using it. Depression is much more treatable than psychosis.. and even if it doesn't work, it's one less variable.

BDTR is offline Retired
    No you didnt come off that way, to be honest I wasn't sure. I think she was on that as well.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    If so pm me, or you can talk about it here. My sister is having auditory hallucinations and very paranoid thoughts. She thinks that a company that she left 4 years ago is preventing her from getting a job on wall street. She thinks her fiancee has hired a private investigator to track her every move. Worst of all, she thinks that someone is trying to use EM waves to read her mind. She's been scouring the internet for devices to detect and prevent mind control.

I heard this last part, the mind control, from my brother. Since i don't want her to think that he and i are in on the conspiracy, I cannot contact her directly, only through him. Can anyone offer any kind of advice in this situation.
    Sorry to hear that bro my uncle had it since his early 20's(he's in his mid 40's now)from what I was told he saw some people in a church burn bibles and that is what started it,he started to hear voices and hasn't been the same since.It's a shame too because he was a good looking guy back then but now it seems like he's wasting away mentally he has the mentality of a 10 year old sometimes my parents or his other brothers and sisters have to tell him not to do certain stuff.

DocterDeath is offline New Member
    I have a mild case of it myself, but only in outbursts at certain times of extreme stress or anxiety. She needs to be hospitalized. I have "brief reactive pchyosis" which is like schizophrenia that comes and goes. I have many times tried to seriously hurt other people during these periods thinking one time that the mailman was a spy from the KGB trying to find out the unearthly secrets of my line of work... (classified) It sounds so absurd now. Though I'm sure 750 mg's of Test and a li'l Fina helps the anger too sometimes. ONLY YOU, can help her now

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    My mother has it, but they have her on some good meds it doesn't seem to affect her now to much. She started out bi-polar and thru the years she got worse until that point, but put her in the hospital seems to be under control now, don't know what meds she is on can find out though.
    Last edited by MILPOLDAN1; 03-20-2005 at 10:40 PM.

Thread Information