nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements

Congressional hearings on steroids

Congressional hearing on espn right now, looks like its been on for a while and will be on for a while.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    you can pick up the live web cast on
    http://www.cspan.org/watch/index.asp...ArchiveDays=30

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsDeity
    you can pick up the live web cast on
    http://www.cspan.org/watch/index.asp...ArchiveDays=30
    ur the man

LB55blitz is offline Devote Avril Lavigne Fan
    sammy sosa denies any use

that was f*** stupid

hey the rest is gonna be on cspan 2 ????

jordanfanatic23 is offline BANNED SCAMMING TRAITOR AKA LIL VITO AKA **TR LIVES 5 MINUTES FROM HIM.
    i wonder who else denied it

cspan3 at 220pm est

oooo the players are gonna be on this 3rd panel

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Jose Conseco is such a sell out. F*cking faggot

jose is piss'd he cant get immunity

hehe mcgwire is getting all choked up

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    This is F***kng ridiculous, my taxpayer money is going to pay for this committe crap?

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    This Canseco it's a piece of s**t, he reminds me of Henry Hill on Goodfellas

haha mcgwire wont answer question about is "andro " use

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Fvck Jose Canseco, he sold out his buddies so he could make a buck on a poorly written autobiography that is probably filled with lies anyway. It's largely his fault that these hearings are taking place. The hearings are retarded, Congress wants to know which baseball players are taking steroids ...who fvcking cares? This is not a matter that Congress should be addressing, period. McGwire is a stand up guy, he's not naming names and why should he? Fvck Canseco.

AnabolicboyII is offline New Member
    i am so so very tired of people using kids as a way to futher promote their so called superior opnion. i have watched these hearings through out but dam take some responsablity. my child took roids and then killed himself, that is bad but **** roids did not do it. people are always trying to find ways to place blame. why can't peolpe be real about it hey i did something because i chose to not because of my freinds, family, or a pro.

just needed to vent a little and sorry about the spelling.

Wow, honestly if I was still in high school and I saw this shiit, I would want to get my hands on some gear. This is rediculous.

They're talking about testing in high school, LMAO! No way a school district is going to shovel over $300 per kid to get tested. I can almost guarantee roid use is going to go up in high school athletes.

Oh yea, and Jose Canseco is a duechebag.

muff-chaser is offline Associate Member
    mcguire is scared as hell and sosa just sounds like a dumb monkey. Jose is a bitch for ratting.

haha schilling is cracking me up. i appreciate what he is saying though. he's trying to save everyones ass. hes saying only about 1 percent use.

lmao hes ripping on conseco too! thats awesome! hes saying how he all did it for money.

AnabolicboyII is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LB55blitz
    Wow, honestly if I was still in high school and I saw this shiit, I would want to get my hands on some gear. This is rediculous.

They're talking about testing in high school, LMAO! No way a school district is going to shovel over $300 per kid to get tested. I can almost guarantee roid use is going to go up in high school athletes.
    that is fine yet the blame is still on the person who takes it. be accountable for your own actions, and raise your kids and do not let tv do it

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    The thing is , no one, until they do them has a clue what they actually do for you. I know I didn't. They don't make people superhuman freaks, they help get past plateaus. I thought at one time I'd take them and grow into a monster. Nothing is farther from the truth IMO, workout and diet will make you or break you no matter how mush AS you take.

Uneducated people are idiots parroting the negative press. Uneducated people spread fear, uneducated people are gonna make kids believe their bullsh*t and want to take AS because they think it WILL do all of the things it WILL NOT do.

This is by far the single biggest thing in my life that I have seen twisted out of context and reality, it is almost surreal.

xfade7 is offline Member
    the government should stay the fck out of sports, u know.. if the government was smart they'd have steroids be legal, have strict regulations for them.. and tax them, thus they would be taking in money instead of wasting it on SHTI like this.

Spyder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    The thing is , no one, until they do them has a clue what they actually do for you. I know I didn't. They don't make people superhuman freaks, they help get past plateaus. I thought at one time I'd take them and grow into a monster. Nothing is farther from the truth IMO, workout and diet will make you or break you no matter how mush AS you take.

Uneducated people are idiots parroting the negative press. Uneducated people spread fear, uneducated people are gonna make kids believe their bullsh*t and want to take AS because they think it WILL do all of the things it WILL NOT do.

This is by far the single biggest thing in my life that I have seen twisted out of context and reality, it is almost surreal.

WOW!!! My thoughts exactly 1vic. .... exactly! im watching cspan right now, and listening to all this pisses me off. how is everyone an expert on something they have no experience with?

I cant agree with you more.

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    jose

nsa
    I personally think we should have a strictly inforced drug free league and an all-juice league. The attendance and rating of each should be compared and i can safely say that i believe the all-juice league will have a markedly higher attendance and ratings level. It's our society. People want to see freaks, they want to see these freaks crushing the ball or crushing ball carriers in sports like football.

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Big Red was very emotional.....he's so guilty of using...not that there's anything wrong with it...

nsa
    We all know he used. Look at him during the season where he broke the HR record.

Quote Originally Posted by nsa
    I personally think we should have a strictly inforced drug free league and an all-juice league. The attendance and rating of each should be compared and i can safely say that i believe the all-juice league will have a markedly higher attendance and ratings level. It's our society. People want to see freaks, they want to see these freaks crushing the ball or crushing ball carriers in sports like football.
    Haha, yea that would be entertaining. It would start out the non juice league has more attendance, just because the people want to support that. Then they will realize how bad they suck without juice compared to the juiced league.

It's funny, all the sports reporters are having a field day, spreading their opinions on the issue of steroids in sports like they are experts on all subjects relating to athletics. I have yet to read one article that shows the reporter is educated on this matter. I hear a lot of bytching about how this is a disgrace to our national pasttime and how the Babe is rolling in his grave. All this crap coming from the same know it alls who were having the time of their lives when McGwire, Bonds and Sosa were hitting them out of the park like nobody's business. It's like they feel they were duped. Hell, you were entertained weren't you. I don't care if it's WWF wrestling or NFL Football, sports is ENTERTAINMENT, not a matter for Congress to investigating. What's next, Hulk Hogan and the Macho Man are called to testify? Fvckin hypocrites, man.

Basilus is offline Junior Member
    I think the Congress and the Feds have alot more bigger fish to fry than people using AAS. I mean how long has the Drug war been going on ? Are we winning ? I mean they know where all the coke is comming from, they have the freaking address's of the people who make/distribute it, yet they do squat. Afganistan is one of, if not the largest opium/heroin producers in the world, you have not heard jack squat about them putting a end to that and we have troops there. All this is , a huge distraction from the real problems in the world and problems with our goverment. It makes me sick.

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    i just watched the replay of it on cspan, and thought it was funny watching sammy sosa talk i thought it was the monkey from saluu's avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilus
    I think the Congress and the Feds have alot more bigger fish to fry than people using AAS. I mean how long has the Drug war been going on ? Are we winning ? I mean they know where all the coke is comming from, they have the freaking address's of the people who make/distribute it, yet they do squat. Afganistan is one of, if not the largest opium/heroin producers in the world, you have not heard jack squat about them putting a end to that and we have troops there. All this is , a huge distraction from the real problems in the world and problems with our goverment. It makes me sick.
    You're definitely on to something there, bro. Nevermind the war on terrorism is about as successful as the war on drugs, let's not focus on the notion that Iraq is in danger of spiraling into a civil war and is currently, at best, a fertile breeding ground for terrorists of all shapes and sizes. The death toll is rising, countries are pulling out as fast as you can say who's on first. The dollar is now the the worst thing to have in your wallet besides that rubber that isn't going to save your a$$ from a new highly resistant strain of AIDS. Let's not talk about the fact that it might be cheaper to fill up your SUV with bottles of Aste Spumante than regular octane gasoline.
    And so, the sheeple eat this up and it gives them something nice and cozy to talk about in between tee times at their local country club. There's only one reality out there and the media likes to dictate what it is...I say fvck that.

Basilus is offline Junior Member
    Exaclty ^^^^

ire
    ire is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ginkobulloba
    You're definitely on to something there, bro. Nevermind the war on terrorism is about as successful as the war on drugs, let's not focus on the notion that Iraq is in danger of spiraling into a civil war and is currently, at best, a fertile breeding ground for terrorists of all shapes and sizes. The death toll is rising, countries are pulling out as fast as you can say who's on first. The dollar is now the the worst thing to have in your wallet besides that rubber that isn't going to save your a$$ from a new highly resistant strain of AIDS. Let's not talk about the fact that it might be cheaper to fill up your SUV with bottles of Aste Spumante than regular octane gasoline.
    And so, the sheeple eat this up and it gives them something nice and cozy to talk about in between tee times at their local country club. There's only one reality out there and the media likes to dictate what it is...I say fvck that.

AMEN Bro!

[sheeple]

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    I was just reading the write-up on Yahoo sports. I liked these 2 quotes the best.

``Players that are guilty of taking steroids are not only cheaters -- you are cowards,'' said Donald Hooton of Plano, Texas, whose son, Taylor, was 17 when he hanged himself in July 2003.

This is as bad as saying Eminem taught your kid to kill his classmates. If you were any kind of parent, your child wouldn't have killed himself. Don't blame steroids for youyr failure as a parent!!

While boosting strength, steroids also can lead to dramatic mood swings, heart disease, cancer, sterility and depression; using most steroids without a doctor's prescription for medical purposes has been illegal since 1991.

Really? haha

JMHO of course.
    MT

Thread Information