Angelis is offline Banned

Age of Sexual Consent in Canada... READ

Hey bros I wanted to ask you something really stupid. This is a continuance of my "how young/old would you date" thread. Did any of you knwo you can legally have sex with some one in canada if they are 14yr old or older... with there concent? **** thats way to young

Let me prove it... here is a couple paragraphs from a debate at the house of commons over Bill C-12 (the Bill allows pedophiles (sp?) the defence of "artistic merit" )

"What the Liberals should have done instead was increase the age of consent for any sexual activity. A major shortcoming of the bill is that it fails to raise the age of consent for sexual activity between children and adults. I fail to see the rationale for permitting adults to engage in any sexual activity with children. The government should raise the age of consent, currently set out in section 150.1 of the Criminal Code, from 14 to 16 at least, if not 18."

"Raising the age of sexual consent would definitely put us more in line with other western nations. We know that in Denmark, France and Sweden the age of consent for sexual activity is 15. In Australia, Finland, Germany, Holland, Israel, New Zealand, Norway and even the United Kingdom, the age of consent for sexual activity is 16. In Canada, we still have that age of 14. It is time for the Liberals to prohibit adults from having sex with children under the age of 16. This age of 14 is not a good thing for society"

DONT TURN THIS INTO SOME SICK THREAD I WANNA HEAR YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS

Oh yeah you can see the total Bill C-12 here...

http://www.parl.gc.ca/37/3/parlbus/c...025_0955-E.htm

Aboot is offline Banned
    It is to stop stuff from happening like a 16 year old guy getting charged with statutory rape if he sleeps with his 15 year old girlfriend (if the age of consent was 16), which was happening under the old law. Plus, if you have any type of authority over the person (which can be interpretted to mean just about anyone older than you or an "adult") the age of consent is 18. So it not a free for all for all the perverts.

And like you said, I'm counting down the minutes until this thread turns retarded/ugly.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    14 is way to young!!! My cousin started dating this dude that was 19 when she was 14 and when she was 15 she had a kid by him! Now my aunt has to raise my cousin and her daughter because she cant work and go to school at the same time and that low life that knocked her up split.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    It is to stop stuff from happening like a 16 year old guy getting charged with statutory rape if he sleeps with his 15 year old girlfriend (if the age of consent was 16), which was happening under the old law. Plus, if you have any type of authority over the person (which can be interpretted to mean just about anyone older than you or an "adult") the age of consent is 18. So it not a free for all for all the perverts.

And like you said, I'm counting down the minutes until this thread turns retarded/ugly.
    No look here the age of consent is 14+ for anyone I believe... from what I can understand.

"I fail to see the rationale for permitting adults to engage in any sexual activity with children."

The whole Bill (C-12) is about pedo's so I dont think they would bring this topic up if it didnt pertain to an adult but I will look at section 150.1 of the criminal code to be sure and post it here.

And if I see this thread turn to disgusting/Ugly I will delete it... so keep those comments to yourself.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    No look here the age of consent is 14+ for anyone I believe... from what I can understand.

"I fail to see the rationale for permitting adults to engage in any sexual activity with children."

The whole Bill (C-12) is about pedo's so I dont think they would bring this topic up if it didnt pertain to an adult but I will look at section 150.1 of the criminal code to be sure and post it here.

And if I see this thread turn to disgusting/Ugly I will delete it... so keep those comments to yourself.
    Section 273.1(2)(c) and section 150.1(2)(c) of the Criminal Code deal with this. However, due to the Criminal Code's broad language a lot of the law has been created in case law and the definitions stem from there. It'd cite a bunch of cases and examples if I had some of my notes or books here, but alas I don't have them.

Here we go: Like I said an adult can have sex with a child 14+ as long as they have consent from the person... (and be able to prove it in court if accused)

Consent no defence
    150.1 (1) Where an accused is charged with an offence under section 151 or 152 or subsection 153(1), 160(3) or 173(2) or is charged with an offence under section 271, 272 or 273 in respect of a complainant under the age of fourteen years, it is not a defence that the complainant consented to the activity that forms the subject-matter of the charge.

Exception
    (2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), where an accused is charged with an offence under section 151 or 152, subsection 173(2) or section 271 in respect of a complainant who is twelve years of age or more but under the age of fourteen years, it is not a defence that the complainant consented to the activity that forms the subject-matter of the charge unless the accused
    (a) is twelve years of age or more but under the age of sixteen years;
    (b) is less than two years older than the complainant; and
    (c) is neither in a position of trust or authority towards the complainant nor is a person with whom the complainant is in a relationship of dependency.
    Exemption for accused aged twelve or thirteen
    (3) No person aged twelve or thirteen years shall be tried for an offence under section 151 or 152 or subsection 173(2) unless the person is in a position of trust or authority towards the complainant or is a person with whom the complainant is in a relationship of dependency.

Mistake of age
    (4) It is not a defence to a charge under section 151 or 152, subsection 160(3) or 173(2), or section 271, 272 or 273 that the accused believed that the complainant was fourteen years of age or more at the time the offence is alleged to have been committed unless the accused took all reasonable steps to ascertain the age of the complainant.

Idem
    (5) It is not a defence to a charge under section 153, 159, 170, 171 or 172 or subsection 212(2) or (4) that the accused believed that the complainant was eighteen years of age or more at the time the offence is alleged to have been committed unless the accused took all reasonable steps to ascertain the age of the complainant.

Section 151 (Sexual interference)
    Section 152 (Invitation to sexual touching)
    Section 153(1) (Sexual exploitation of person with disability)
    Section 160(3) (Beastiality)
    Section 173(2) (Indecent acts)
    Section 271 (Sexual assault)
    Section 272 (Sexual assault with a weapon, threats to a third party or causing bodily harm)
    Section 273 (Aggravated sexual assault)

If you would like to read one of the preceding section contact me and I will PM or post it.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    Any adult that thinks that having sex with a 14 year old is ok is sick in the head hell 18 years old is pushing it with me and I'm 32 but I do prefer women in their early 20's to 40.

Quote Originally Posted by IntensityX
    Any adult that thinks that having sex with a 14 year old is ok is sick in the head hell 18 years old is pushing it with me and I'm 32 but I do prefer women in their early 20's to 40.
    Dont get me wrong I wouldnt either. Im 23 but I would date 16-17 if they were mature.
    Last edited by Angelis; 03-19-2005 at 06:54 AM.

Bump

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I assume everyone in Canada knows this. If you are a Canadian you should know some fairly common and important laws. There are many good arguments for the age of consent to be low, despite what some activist types claim. I googled and found http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm
    (I have no ideas as to the accuracy of this site)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    Hey bros I wanted to ask you something really stupid. This is a continuance of my "how young/old would you date" thread. Did any of you knwo you can legally have sex with some one in canada if they are 14yr old or older... with there concent? **** thats way to young

Let me prove it... here is a couple paragraphs from a debate at the house of commons over Bill C-12 (the Bill allows pedophiles (sp?) the defence of "artistic merit" )

"What the Liberals should have done instead was increase the age of consent for any sexual activity. A major shortcoming of the bill is that it fails to raise the age of consent for sexual activity between children and adults. I fail to see the rationale for permitting adults to engage in any sexual activity with children. The government should raise the age of consent, currently set out in section 150.1 of the Criminal Code, from 14 to 16 at least, if not 18."

"Raising the age of sexual consent would definitely put us more in line with other western nations. We know that in Denmark, France and Sweden the age of consent for sexual activity is 15. In Australia, Finland, Germany, Holland, Israel, New Zealand, Norway and even the United Kingdom, the age of consent for sexual activity is 16. In Canada, we still have that age of 14. It is time for the Liberals to prohibit adults from having sex with children under the age of 16. This age of 14 is not a good thing for society"

DONT TURN THIS INTO SOME SICK THREAD I WANNA HEAR YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    too much to read. WTF is the answer?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I assume everyone in Canada knows this. If you are a Canadian you should know some fairly common and important laws. There are many good arguments for the age of consent to be low, despite what some activist types claim. I googled and found http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm
    (I have no ideas as to the accuracy of this site)
    His site just confirms what I have said and proved age of sexual consent between a man and a woman is 14yrs old. So in canada as long as your partner agrees no matter what age u are u can have sex

Thats just sick.

Youngest I would date is 16 and that is if she was real mature and not one of those snobs.

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    in hawaii it 14 and in colorado its 15, people in some places enjoy indulging in "green" fruit

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Canada is the ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Canada is the ****!
    Hot young virgins here I come!!

J/k bros...

1morerep is offline Associate Member
    politicians, lawyers and judges don't give a SH$$$T about the laws until it affects them personally, when their daughters start having babies at 15 or 16 then and only then will they change the laws.

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    When my daugther turned 14 some 18 year old asked her if he could come talk to me, she warned him not to attempt it, he came in I had no idea he was trying to see my 8th grade daughter. After I beat his ass his dad came over and I had to beat his too. That one was out in the yard. They called the police but when they showed up I told him about my daughter and the 18 yo ended up going to the clink not me... LOL they called it sexual misconduct with a child, my daughter told the police when questioned that he has grabbed her ass. He got out of it, but I bet he thinks twice and looks for an adult next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    When my daugther turned 14 some 18 year old asked her if he could come talk to me, she warned him not to attempt it, he came in I had no idea he was trying to see my 8th grade daughter. After I beat his ass his dad came over and I had to beat his too. That one was out in the yard. They called the police but when they showed up I told him about my daughter and the 18 yo ended up going to the clink not me... LOL they called it sexual misconduct with a child, my daughter told the police when questioned that he has grabbed her ass. He got out of it, but I bet he thinks twice and looks for an adult next time.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I did a 14YO by accident one time. I picked her up in a bar... so I assumed she was 18. She was drinking, too, but I didn't realize her parents were in the bar... in TX a minor can drink under a parent's supervision though I don't know if they can be served in a bar anymore and the drinking age is now 21. But anyway, I had every reason to believe that this green-eyed big-tittied vixen was perfectly legal for my young self to put the bone to. I was shrimping in those days, everyone else had hightailed it home to brownsville to spend the night with their ol ladies and I stayed up in mansfield with the boat. I invited her back to the boat with me, we did the dirty, and fell asleep from the exertion and the booze. (She was faaaaaar from being a virgin) She jostled me awake and said "Oh ****, I gotta get back! My mom is gonna be mad!" I got really puzzled and asked her how old she was, and she dropped the truth on me like a sack of rocks. It took about a year before I quit worrying about the cops picking me up and throwing me in the slam for 10 years! Not every 14YO looks or acts 14. I would not, even if legal, have boinked this chick if I knew her age. Nevertheless I would have been glad to know that I had done nothing illegal once I knew.

I would never do a 14yr old either to young... I know a couple 14 yr olds and they look more like 18-19 so I know what ur talking about bro.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Young girls can do wonders to look older......

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    14 is too young. 16 is better.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Good for you... even though i just turned 22, i still have a hard time even considering fkcin an 18yr old, even though I would.... much less anyone younger... I just think.... look how many gorgeous 19/20+ females there are with alittle more maturity to try and date... JMO though...

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Good for you... even though i just turned 22, i still have a hard time even considering fkcin an 18yr old, even though I would.... much less anyone younger... I just think.... look how many gorgeous 19/20+ females there are with alittle more maturity to try and date... JMO though...
    I guess it depend on the surrounding you grew up in, I grew up around people that dated outside there "age group". So to me its only natural. I would concider dating a mature 16-17yr old but never below that.

decadbal is offline Banned
    dirty dam child molesting canadians...

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    the law seems to be designed to keep the captain of football team from going to prison for 20 years for dating a freshman, and it sounds pretty resonable to me.

remember, the law doesn't say you SHOULD be dating at 14, it just says that that is the cutoff, beyond which you should automaticly go to prison, regarldess of circumstances. a 16 year old kid does not deserve 20 years for taking a freshman to the junior prom.

that is the age where people hit high school, and most people become sexually active/aware in high school.

if the parents think the guy is inappropriately older, because the girl is a minor, they have the authority to take out a restraining order in her name.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBA74
    14 is way to young!!! My cousin started dating this dude that was 19 when she was 14 and when she was 15 she had a kid by him! Now my aunt has to raise my cousin and her daughter because she cant work and go to school at the same time and that low life that knocked her up split.
    women can get pregnant and deserted by guys of any age. i think people should be more concerned with the quality of the person their daughter is dating than by an arbitrary number. most parents would rather see their daughter dating some dirtbag drug dealer her own age, who treats her like badly and will ruin her life, than see their daughter dating an older man who treated her great and made her happy.

this is a relatively recent developmnet in society, and it's getting more ingrained in society every day.

it's almost funny, because throughout most of human history, young teenage girls did get sexually active with much older men around that age (married), and it was considered a wonderful and healthy thing.

but if some young teenage guy with no prospects started nosing around your daughter, it was obvious he was only after one thing, and that was consdered socially unacceptable.

it's odd how peoples values change over the years.

Thread Information