Thread: Water or Soda?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Water or Soda?

This! Is really an eye opener.... Water or Soda? We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

OG

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University SPAN> of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
    a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
    9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

Have A Great Day and Share It With Others

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    always beleived in water over soda. I dont think it even tastes that good. Although Sierra Mist is refreshing. Water and Juice are the ****!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Yeah I read that somewhere before. Pretty scary sh!t about Coke.

dirtybrit55 is offline Member
    Anyone know a source for coke compound so I can homebrew my own in my laboratory?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid
    Phosphoric Acid: Clear colorless liquid with no foreign odor. Phosphoric acid is relatively non-volatile and stable at elevated temperatures, and it is a much milder acid than sulfuric, nitric, or hydrochloric acids.

Hydrochloric Acid = Stomach Acid.

I think I'll keep drinking my diet coke.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    d.amn..that is crazy...of coarse I use it to clean engine parts!! lol..does a great job on those nasty parts that are covered in grease. But the toilet is a great idea...gonna have to try that!!

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    There is a show called Mythbuster with two weird guys on it that did all of the test on soda that you mentioned in a scientific environment ( controlled ) they were all bunk.

While I think soda is bad for you especially regular that crap is untrue. As far as most of us being dehydrated. It must be something that has been going on for 100's of years I doubt if people back then sat around hydrating themselves.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Diet cherry coke is king!

Love that stuff.......

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Love that stuff.......

~SC~
    I thought we had this discussion...Diet Vanilla Coke son!

Seriously though, this is kinda scary, considering each drink passes over your teeth, no wonder millions have cavities each year....

BTW....Swole...what's the truth regarding Aspartame causing cancer?

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Love that stuff.......

~SC~
    Try the Diet Dr. Pepper.......... Now were talking

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Diet check! 3, 12 packs for $5. One or two a day won't hurt.

-B

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I know you asked Swole on this one but I know a little about this. Sacharin (sp?) is not cancerous unless you eat a 5 gallon bucket a day for months/years. Basically proportionately what they force fed mice to validate the cancer study.Aspertine was basically a new invention pushed through by (monsanto?) or another company to replace sacharin beacause it had lost it patent and they could no longer make money on it. Aspertine is basically broken down into a mild form of formaldahyde or something similar which is basically not that harmful to the body.

Some people are missing a chemical in their body that makes aspertine poisonous , very few poeple suffer from this. But I think the long term ramifications of aspertine are yet to be seen.

OK, good to hear, and thanks for the response...

However, this statement has me worried ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Aspertine is basically broken down into a mild form of formaldahyde or something similar which is basically not that harmful to the body.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Yea I heard they took aspartame off the list of cancer causing agents recently....

And as for drinking soda. I stopped all together for like 3 years after I got hurt. I was attacked by a 110 pound dog when I was in my softmore year of high school, and to make a long story short the dog won the fight. I have puncture holes all up and down my legs, my left foot was torn apart, my left arm all bit up etc..... well anyways as I lay on my driveway bleeding, I covered the whole **** thing. When the paramedics got there w/ the fire department etc.... guess what they used to clean up the blood while I was getting put on a stretcher? A 12 pack of coke that they had in their trunk. After seeing that I couldn't stand to drink soda anymore. I now started to drink diet soda once in a while, but when I do I only drink diet 7-up or diet sprite. Can't bring myself to drink the dark sodas anymore.

Just my thoughts and experience with drinking soda.

Oh yea.... my teeth are much whiter after stopping soda intake altogether. You should try it Whitening tooth paste + no dark drinks = pearly white teeth haha

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Just my thoughts and experience with drinking soda.

Oh yea.... my teeth are much whiter after stopping soda intake altogether. You should try it Whitening tooth paste + no dark drinks = pearly white teeth haha
    <<LMO>>
    Dam bro... sorry to hear...
    At least you've fully recovered....but you're still ghey ...
    I have really minimized drinking dark sodas (health, and teeth reason as well )
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 07-12-2004 at 11:15 AM.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    and that is why i dont drink soda lol

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for
    a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
    9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

Like that one guy said, mythbusters show did all theses tests and it turned out to be all urban legend!!..........don't know about the other ones though

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Totally amazing about the water. However, saw a show called 'myth busters'....the coke theory is BS. Did a bunch of tests, none worked.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I was drinking about 3 cokes a day, and just recently quit. I drink water like a fuking camel now. Its pretty addicting stuff tho, makes it hard to quit.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    water and gatorade is what i keep stocked in my house..

trustxme is offline New Member
    Put a T-Bone Steak in front of me and It will be gone in 5 minutes

decadbal is offline Banned
    coke is a jawja product, so u know its good...

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    Diet check! 3, 12 packs for $5. One or two a day won't hurt.

-B
    Check is the shti.

That is some interesting info on water. Im going to print that out.

Explosive215 is offline Associate Member
    Dude i was sitting here reading that **** while drinking a Coke!! Let me tell you, I didnt finish the coke. I think im gonna never drink pop again. "Ill take a glass of water please" another good point...water is free. Ill save some cash. Thanks OG

decadbal is offline Banned
    i heard if you pour coke on your hand, it will eat it away like acid

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i love water. i drink about a 2liter a day. the only time i drink soda is on weekends with my captain or jd.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    lets hear it for diet mountain dew!

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    lets hear it for diet mountain dew!
    Let's not ........
    Can't stand the stuff now .....

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    is mountain dew as bad for u as coke? or is this all pops, or just a coke thing???

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    It's all bull****.

Nutz56 is offline Banned
    no, i've seen the coke and steak thing. i've done that back as a science project in elementary too, and it works. my sis stuck a penny in a glass of coke & it was gone in like 4 days to a week or somethin (don't remember exactly)

arnold1980 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    i heard if you pour coke on your hand, it will eat it away like acid
    lmfao....

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    The tooth fairy took it.

Thread Information