Thread: bad posture

bigdogc is offline Associate Member

bad posture

everytime i sit down, and even when i sit up im always slouched forward, ive been told its because i worked out my chest too much and needed to workout my back. so anyway, i hit the back really hard in the gym and i still suck at life... i mean i have bad posture. anyone else have this problem?

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    my mom says i do all the time, but i like it!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    My posture is poor (according to some) because I tend to not hold my head up, I often scan the ground when I walk... so I try to keep my head up more lol

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    its not bad posture, people sit how they want too

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    A good strong midsection will help as I had that problem myself.

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    i was getting like that for awhile. i didn't like to work out my back for the first 9 months i trained, which wasn't a good idea. it took awhile before it was back to normal. theres a couple of guys in my gym that just workout chest everyday and they walk like a couple of gorillas hunched over. it's great to have someone like those two to make fun of.

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    The ol' upper-cross syndrome. The reason why you sit the way you do is because you are accustomed to it. This posture you have is a result of bad habits and not wieght training. Weight training can make it worse though if you concentrate on chest.

To correct this problem the most important thing is to use good posture at all times. In addition to that you can do back exercises but you should concentrate on the muscles between the shoulder blades by doing scapular adduction(retraction). When you do your back exercises you should be moving your scapula towards the spine.

http://www.exrx.net/Articulations/Scapula.html

the way the guy is doing it in this video on this page is the proper way. It may look exaggerated but that is the proper form.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogc
    everytime i sit down, and even when i sit up im always slouched forward, ive been told its because i worked out my chest too much and needed to workout my back. so anyway, i hit the back really hard in the gym and i still suck at life... i mean i have bad posture. anyone else have this problem?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Lewd is right you need to learn it. Sitting at a desk slouching forward all day is not helping. Along with a strong midsection your back is important too.

Thread Information