tryingtogain is offline Member

I need website to buy contacts I know my presciption but without RX consent.

I need a website to buy contact lenses. I know my strengh and size becaise I have the papers on them when I did have health insurance. But as so many americans these days I no longer have health insurance and my contacts are running out and I need to find a website were I can buy contatcts without them checking with my doctors because I dont have health insurance therefore for my presription to be renewed i need to see a doc but my eye sight is the same I just need to be able to see!!

Anyone know some website? please help

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I used to use coastalcontacts.com but they really flood your inbox with their spam and I no longer deal with them. A web search ought to find you an alternate supplier. I won't be buying anymore anyway. I intend to get lasik before my current supply runs out. Got it already in the right eye... gonna go get it touched up (took it from +6 to -.5 the first time and I want to zero it out) and also get the left one done, which currently has a correction of +3.

BDTR is offline Retired
    No asking for sources

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, and no source posting!

~SC~

EastCoaster is offline Banned

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoaster
    D*mn you for breaking the rules.

~SC~

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    They ask you for your Dr's info so they can call to verify prescription....I need one that doesnt ask also...Anyone deal with one that dont verify your prescription...??

OG

I think we are **** outa luck bro...I just found this...

As of February 4, 2004, Federal law requires all contact lens retailers to verify your contact lens prescription with the appropriate eye care provider. Please be sure the information entered is accurate or it may cause order processing delays. If you do not remember this information, click "Find My Doctor" to search for your doctor's information.

OG

Not really... just give them your last doc. They are also required by law to sell you your lenses if your eye doc does not respond within I think 8 business hours or something like that. My doc pitched a fuss cause I ordered a different brand and color, same correction and base curve and diameter. They sent it again and she didn't respond the second time, and so they shipped my lenses. Optometrists and opticians don't like it when you don't order through them. They rape you on their markup, you see.

You could probably just pick one even if it is a doc you have never used. Just be sure you know what you are doing. The vendor wants to make money and they will try to sell you anything you ask for, right or wrong. But I would use someone else besides c.c. cause the a$$holes are spammers. I have never tried v.d. but I will take a look at their site later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Not really... just give them your last doc. They are also required by law to sell you your lenses if your eye doc does not respond within I think 8 business hours or something like that. My doc pitched a fuss cause I ordered a different brand and color, same correction and base curve and diameter. They sent it again and she didn't respond the second time, and so they shipped my lenses. Optometrists and opticians don't like it when you don't order through them. They rape you on their markup, you see.

You could probably just pick one even if it is a doc you have never used. Just be sure you know what you are doing. The vendor wants to make money and they will try to sell you anything you ask for, right or wrong. But I would use someone else besides c.c. cause the a$$holes are spammers. I have never tried v.d. but I will take a look at their site later.

I tried that bro...My last eye Dr. got pissed because i wasnt buying my contacts from them. When they called to verify my script she told them it was the wrong script and not to fill it. Needless to say they wouldnt send me my contacts and im pissed!! I also tried putting in a fake Dr and that didnt work either....They actually call the Dr.s to verify....

OG

Insane_Man is offline Junior Member
    Contacts suck. Get laser surgery.

This is dumb i have no health care! I know my presciprtion and eye diamater and everything I JUST WANT TO SEE!!! god this sucks

Talking

i mean why are they suck pricks about this kinda stuff i mean its not like is a drug common So there is no website that you can order contact lenses online were they dont check with a doctor? well thanks for replying guys i guess im out of luck.

I was getting my contacts through VisionDirect but they stopped sending them to me because my prescription expired. I then tried either coastalcontacts.com or lens.com (i cant remember which one). I gave them my doctors contact info... I dont think they called because I got my contacts. Just try it, you've got nothing to lose... it worked for me.

with that said though... it might be a good idea to get an eye exam. You can never be too careful with your eye sight.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    with that said though... it might be a good idea to get an eye exam. You can never be too careful with your eye sight.
    How come your face isnt as tan as your upper body in ur old avatar

If you have no astigmatism developing since your last exam and if you have a + correction, you can exam yourself. Go to walgreens and try on the reading glasses, but look at stuff in the middle distances. Try different powers for both eyes. Then, look at the little eye chart on the display from close up, to determine your reading perscription, if different. Subtract the two to find out what, if any, readers you should wear while wearing contacts. The BC of your contacts should not change much over just a few years. If they seat properly on the cornea then the bc is right on. The diameter of course will not change. If there is astigmatism present, you will need aspherical lenses and you must have a proper exam. If you have a - correction, you need a doc to give you an exam, at LEAST every two years but annually is better. If you want rigid lenses, you HAVE to be professionally fitted. Otherwise you would have to buy like 20 lenses and try them all on and discard 19 of them, for just one eye! So much for saving money by not using an eye doc!

When you are shopping around for an eye doc, make sure that you get it straight that you will be buying your contacts online. When you get your exam, be sure and tell the doc if you will be buying colored lenses, or if you might try dailies, or weeklies, or monthlies, or permanent, whatever, in addition to the ones he is fitting you with. For less hassle, there should be a scrip for each. If you are pretty sure of your perscription before going in, shop for your lenses first to compare prices, etc, and mention to the doc what lenses you will be wanting, so he can specify the brand. Remember to have the scrip typed or neatly NEATLY written so it is legible, for ordering over the phone or online.

Too bad there is not an overseas supplier that can operate without scrips... but it is a good thing to have an eye doc examine you anyway to check for any of the myriad problems that develop with age. Glaucoma, for instance. Or macular degeneration, or cataracts, etc etc. They know more about eyes than you do, believe it or not.

Thread Information