jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member

Sparring with a submission fighter....

Not me but my buddy and training partner. The other night his friend asks him and two other guys to come to the dojo and spar with him so he can get ready for a match in a couple weeks. He's got like a kickboxer, a blackbelt and my buddy who was a state champ wrestler in high school. He's going rounds with the three of them I guess rotating one by one. Now my friend is in fantastic shape and strong as hell but he's about 31 or 32 now and hasn't done this since high school. Plus he had major reconstructive surgery on tendons in his shoulder from a wrestling injury. Anyway I don't know how long they went at it but at some point the submission fighter got his leg under and came around on top and all they heard was RRRRRRRIP! Dislocated my bro's knee. He said the whole room heard it and it sounded like someone tearing some denim jeans apart. So he pops it back in and now the knee is swelling up like a grapefruit. He calls me from home and says he's taking a shower and going to the ER. He's been hobbling around on crutches for the past two days and eating pain killers. I could just slap him upside the head because he was supposed to come back to the gym so we could start training together again.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I see, forget about your buddy huh, its just "ME, ME, ME..." all over!..

Cry baby..

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Well he should no better dam it. He's a certified trainer and he's doing 485 pound military presses with a bum shoulder. Now he's having a hard time just going to work. I'm sorry that he wrecked his knee but he's just reckless.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 03-26-2005 at 07:30 AM.

Thread Information