GrdLock is offline Junior Member

Shut the hell up and lift!

Good god! I just got back from the gym. I really hate Mondays, because I don't get out of classes until around 4 cause I got one stupid mid-afternoon class that's just Monday, so I don't make it to the gym until 4:30 or so. Perfect time of course, since that's when it's the busiest.

So I get there, and my first exercise I usually do is benchpress, since I never have a spotter I always like to do it first when my muscles are fresh. They have 3 flat benches. I get there, all three are taken up. Ok, no biggie, I'll wait a few minutes till they finish. I wait 5 minutes. Two of the people do a set. Then they sit there and RUN THEIR STUPID ASS MOUTHS for like 10 **** minutes! Then, eventually, they'd do another set. Then they'd run their **** mouth another 10 minutes. The third guy was actually working the whole time, apparantely just doing a ton of sets, so I was cool with that, no biggie. But these other two schmucks? SHUT THE **** UP AND LIFT! Other people want to use the **** bench too jackass!

I just said screw it, and went and did some other exercises. I did FIVE different exercises, 3 sets of each, because these two numbnuts did just three sets on the benchpress! I ended up doing less weight when I finally got on cause my chest was already tired and I didn't wanna end up dropping the weight on myself.

Geez, that just pissed the hell out of me, what the hell? The gym is not a f'ing social gathering, especially for men. If you want to run your gums, put on a **** sports bra and go into the womens locker room.

</rant>

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear this...campus gyms are the worst. I have learned to just wait for a minute, if they don't have any sense of urgency, I just slip in and start up my set. If they have balls, they say something and I just work in. If they don't, I just take the bench. I don't have time to stand around watching clowns talk about their weekends.

GrdLock is offline Junior Member
    Oh geez, I don't even bother going to my campus gym, I go to a Golds Gym like 15 miles away rather then the tiny excuse of a gym they have on campus.

Ya I don't go there anymore either...There are clowns in every gym though, no matter where you go.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    My campus gym sucks too, pretty small, really crowded. But the gym a few blocks over is the only one in town, and its even smaller with less stuff, so its a lose lose situation.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    It is so nice right now. It is spring break here, and there is no one in the gym. I love it.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Today some lady just started using the leg extension machine when I was getting a drink.. ok no biggie.. But I was doing Swoles routine, so wheres she go right after? the ****ing hamstring curl machine arggggg it took like 5 minutes wayyy too long.. but then I felt bad for getting agrivated with an 80 year old lady, she was doing good just to be there

BARLOW is offline Senior Member
    u should feel bad, that was my grandma u ahole.

Mach1 is offline Junior Member
    This is why I have a set up at home. Blast my music, check out the inspiring pics on the wall, get a good pump, drink my creatine. End of story.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARLOW
    u should feel bad, that was my grandma u ahole.
    Hahaha sorry for kicking her then

Explosive215 is offline Associate Member
    i hear ya GrdLock, at my gym there are guys that constantly do that. Thing is..they are pretty big...but they take at lease 6 minutes in between each set. I get so ****ing pissed. Sometimes i ask to work in with them and when i do that they just leave lol. Sometimes they stay but i piss them off by taking plates off and on wasting time.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Did you know Monday is like every guy on the planets day to do chest. I moved chest day to Wednesday. I also like to get the tough stuff out of the way so I do Back on Monday....no one does deads on a monday...just the way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Did you know Monday is like every guy on the planets day to do chest. I moved chest day to Wednesday. I also like to get the tough stuff out of the way so I do Back on Monday....no one does deads on a monday...just the way I like it.
    Great idea..that's very true. A lot of people start their rotation on Monday and chest is usually the first day in the rotation.

xfade7 is offline Member
    nobody does legs on monday here.. but i see that as where i need most improvement.. so its my first day.

notus is offline Member
    I always walk up to them and ask "how many sets do you have left".... and that usually makes them speed up. If they still go slow I ask again. I never wait to long.

xfade7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by notus
    I always walk up to them and ask "how many sets do you have left".... and that usually makes them speed up. If they still go slow I ask again. I never wait to long.
    yea me too.. had to do that today actually. one really old guy was hogging the leg extension for about 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    yea me too.. had to do that today actually. one really old guy was hogging the leg extension for about 45 minutes.
    Ease up there Kojack! I told you I got doctor orders to do 300 leg lifts with 2.35 pounds each leg. You pulling down my support hose didn't help matter either you know. Punk!

xfade7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut
    Ease up there Kojack! I told you I got doctor orders to do 300 leg lifts with 2.35 pounds each leg. You pulling down my support hose didn't help matter either you know. Punk!
    hey man he had 4 45s!

Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    hey man he had 4 45s!
    Warm ups.

Thread Information