Thread: Quote

Beefkake31 is offline Member

You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.

So what do you guys think is the meaning behind this quote. It's how the world is nowadays (sigh)

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    marriage DAMIT im glad im outta mine

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    thats from fight club right? i think its true to an extent. what i think he's sayin is that u spend so much time worrying about all ur crap and cleanin all ur new crap, and maintaining it that u dont even enjoy it. i say **** it when i get money ima have crazy toys.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I usually have lots of beer when I buy all that sh*t, so I make sure I enjoy every minute of it!

~SC~

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.

So what do you guys think is the meaning behind this quote. It's how the world is nowadays (sigh)
    In other words we like to mask our real problems by concentrating on the small things.

Fight Club Rocks!!!

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    They own you because usually you are trying to pay the interest off on them just to keep a float.

BUBBA74 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    They own you because usually you are trying to pay the interest off on them just to keep a float.
    Yeah!!! Especially when you rent to own! That sucks!!!

Thread Information