Angelis is offline Banned

Psychological Problem... please help!

Hey bros I hate having to admit this I tried to keep it to myself but I need help.

I overdosed on liquid Clen twice and had serious side effects like huge pain, explosive headaches,etc... (first time was an honest mistake second time I thought it was a normal dose but my bottle is obviously overdosed). Every time I look at a bottle of Clen I feel sick so I hid them away and am gonna get rid of them.

Thats not the end of it though... The problem is both times it was mixed with water and everytime I drink water now I get this sick feeling like im on the verge of throwing and one or two times I did. I hate it. Its been here for 2-3wks now since I overdosed the second time. Ive been stuck drinking V8 & Milk mostly so I know its not a physical reaction to liquids.

Do I need to just tough it out or see a psychologist or something?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Try some flavored water... Water should not be the culprit. You might be onto the psycological thing, but since you know what the challenge is start drinking small amounts and work your way up again.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds like taste aversion. Happens anytime that you eat or drink something and then get violently ill. You're going to just have to ween youself back onto water.

yeah I want to move back to water but I get the same results when I drink one sip or a litre. I was thinking tough it up and drink it anyways but I dont wanna make a bad problem worse. I knew what it was bcs I was a psych major for a yr before I switched and from what I know you could make a problem like this worse. I just wanna be careful I dont wanna be drinking shakes made with milk all my life.

Thanks bros.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    yeah I want to move back to water but I get the same results when I drink one sip or a litre. I was thinking tough it up and drink it anyways but I dont wanna make a bad problem worse. I knew what it was bcs I was a psych major for a yr before I switched and from what I know you could make a problem like this worse. I just wanna be careful I dont wanna be drinking shakes made with milk all my life.

Thanks bros.
    Angelis,

You have a highly suggestible personality (and possibly an adictive one too). This is a temporary situation. There's no reason for you to dwell on it. For now, drink other things. When you develop a thirst for water, you'll drink it.

If you mix water with other things, it won't cause you to gag. So you can still have your shakes with water. Your temporary (soon to pass) reaction to water alone won't stick. You'll go back to drinking water when you're ready. Concentrate on your diet and your workout.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    It WILL fade man, i can tell you that.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Angelis,

You have a highly suggestible personality (and possibly an adictive one too). This is a temporary situation. There's no reason for you to dwell on it. For now, drink other things. When you develop a thirst for water, you'll drink it.

If you mix water with other things, it won't cause you to gag. So you can still have your shakes with water. Your temporary (soon to pass) reaction to water alone won't stick. You'll go back to drinking water when you're ready. Concentrate on your diet and your workout.
    Suggestible yes I think I do a bit, but as for addictive I dont believe I do (but denial is part of addiction...lol). I didnt know if it will pass thats why I wanted to ask around. I wasnt really into psych so I didnt really pay attention, only got like 72 or something.

I will just try and fit the milk and V8 into my diet. thanks bros.

Angelis,

You have a highly suggestible personality (and possibly an adictive one too).
    Just wondering what gave you this Idea. The conversation and situation has nothing to do with suggestability or addiction?

Go buy some Gatorade powder and put it in your water... I often make a very weak orange gatorade (like 1/4 or even 1/8 of the recipe) just to give a bit of taste to my water when I get fed up of drinking gallons and gallons of it.

Red

Thanks bro I will try that... I totally forgot about gatorade

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Start sipping on the water fountain at the gym when your body needs it. Get rid of the clen and if by the summer you still have a issue, then its time to seek help. Good luck.

Just wondering what gave you this Idea. The conversation and situation has nothing to do with suggestability or addiction?
    Actually, it does have much to do with suggestibility. You've had an adverse reaction to the taste of water--not a traumatic one, just a mild adverse reaction and you have suddenly developed what you think is a permanent inability to drink water. The structure and content of your writing while describing the situation, the way you've described the situation and the fact that such an insignificant reaction to clen could change your belief system to the point of worrying yourself into not being able to drink water all indicate that you are likely very open to and affected by suggestion.

Since I've no desire to write a dissertation, this will suffice:
    The addictive personality is defined by the constant pursuit of pleasurable sensations and the constant avoidance of pain at almost all costs. The fact that you suddenly developed what you have started to believe might be a phobia of water after having only a simple bad experience with water suggests this type of personality.

I didn't say you have an addictive personality; I said you probably have one.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-29-2005 at 06:33 PM.

By the way...having an addictive personality doesn't mean you'll become a drug addict or an alcoholic.

Actually, it does have much to do with suggestibility. You've had an adverse reaction to the taste of water--not a traumatic one, just a mild adverse reaction and you have suddenly developed what you think is a permanent inability to drink water. The structure and content of your writing while describing the situation, the way you've described the situation and the fact that such an insignificant reaction to clen could change your belief system to the point of worrying yourself into not being able to drink water all indicate that you are likely very open to and affected by suggestion.

Since I've no desire to write a dissertation, this will suffice:
    The addictive personality is defined by the constant pursuit of pleasurable sensations and the constant avoidance of pain at almost all costs. The fact that you suddenly developed what you have started to believe might be a phobia of water after having only a simple bad experience with water suggests this type of personality.

I didn't say you have an addictive personality; I said you probably have one.
    1) Didnt ya see the after the sentence I knew I would get over it I basically just wanted to know if anyone ever feel like this before and talk about what happened, see if it is worse than I thought u know that kinda thing.

2) I know for sure I dont have an addictive personality bcs I enjoy the feeling of pain every once in a while. (Living without pain isnt living ) I still drink the water every once in a while to get a feel for it again but I hate feeling sick especially after working out.

Why am I trying to argue my point its not like it matter anyway... I guess I got superiority complex problem or something like that too

There's more to it than that, bro. I was being simplistic to make a point quickly. Don't worry about it. It's actually not necessarily a negative thing if you have an addictive personality.

Yeah I understand what ur saying I see the addiction part but a suggestable personality is basically when people say something like "I felt a pain in my chest went to the doc and it was a heart attack" then you get a pain and immediatly believe it is a heart attack bcs u heard it from someone. I didnt notice that anywhere in the post thats why I brought it up.

I see what your saying from the addiction part though, I just dont agree with it in this context I have used Clen before and didnt expect a pleasurable or a painless time but I still used it.

Besides I got my addictions I love being addicted to AS and Lifting and winning (I hate losing in anything) and Woman and none of those are neagtive...lol

Yeah I understand what ur saying I see the addiction part but a suggestable personality is basically when people say something like "I felt a pain in my chest went to the doc and it was a heart attack" then you get a pain and immediatly believe it is a heart attack bcs u heard it from someone. I didnt notice that anywhere in the post thats why I brought it up.

I see what your saying from the addiction part though, I just dont agree with it in this context I have used Clen before and didnt expect a pleasurable or a painless time but I still used it.

Besides I got my addictions I love being addicted to AS and Lifting and winning (I hate losing in anything) and Woman and none of those are neagtive...lol
    Angelis,
    There's more to suggestability to that--it's not that simple and doesn't quite work that way.

Just assume you're neither highly susceptible to suggestions nor an addictive personality. Best of luck to you.

Yeah like I said I didnt really pay attention, I will have to re-read the text book.

The last part just confused me though "Just assume you're neither highly susceptible to suggestions nor an addictive personality. Best of luck to you." I cant figure out if your saying that so I'll shut up or tell me something about myself

Thread Information