hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member

tippman w/ expansion chamber?

sup guys any of you have a tippman with the expansion chamber?? is it worth the $$?? it supposedly helps fight inconsistancy in velocity by giving the co2 extra space to expand into gas form. also it helps keep moisture out of the gun.. just curious on how it works compared to ones with out one. thanx guys!!

ok so i am assuming that no one has an expansion chamber on there 98 tippman?
    Last edited by hung-solo; 03-31-2005 at 09:50 AM.

tonytone is offline Anabolic Member
    i had an expansion chamber on my 98. I'll tell you, here in the super hot texas summers, the expansion chamber was a great investment. I found that the heat causes a large gas inconsistancy, especially when firing very rapidly. I'm sure that it would make a noticeable difference, especially if you can really see the inconsistancy in your distance/accuracy. good buy IMO, and not very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone36
    i had an expansion chamber on my 98. I'll tell you, here in the super hot texas summers, the expansion chamber was a great investment. I found that the heat causes a large gas inconsistancy, especially when firing very rapidly. I'm sure that it would make a noticeable difference, especially if you can really see the inconsistancy in your distance/accuracy. good buy IMO, and not very expensive.

hellyeah thanx for the reply big guy!! what else did you have on your 98?

throughout the years i had, flatline barrel, lapco bigshot barrel, smart parts all american barrel, double trigger, expansion chamber, starfire bolt, strip screws, rear velocity adjuster, and rocket cock. my buddy ran a store so i got to try out pretty much anything that i could put on my gun. I would not recommend the rocket cock as it is kind of cheap and mine broke pretty easily....man it seems so long since i have played. where you from man?

i eventually invested in a nitro tank even when i had the 98. probably one of the last things you need to buy, but it really solves inconsistancy problems, even when you are really letting the paint fly...

throughout the years i had, flatline barrel, lapco bigshot barrel, smart parts all american barrel, double trigger, expansion chamber, starfire bolt, strip screws, rear velocity adjuster, and rocket cock. my buddy ran a store so i got to try out pretty much anything that i could put on my gun. I would not recommend the rocket cock as it is kind of cheap and mine broke pretty easily....man it seems so long since i have played. where you from man?

north carolina... how was the flatline barrel?? **** thing is 100$ i hope its worth it!! i was thinking of adding that and somekind of pressure trigger. cant remember the name

yeah i think its a responsive trigger, or something like that. i believe it uses excess gas to help the trigger respond back after firing......flatline is a toss up, just depends on what kind of games you play. play a lot of 3/5 man speedball? then flatline is not really for you...

yeah i think its a responsive trigger, or something like that. i believe it uses excess gas to help the trigger respond back after firing......flatline is a toss up, just depends on what kind of games you play. play a lot of 3/5 man speedball? then flatline is not really for you...
    no its more like in the woods or abandoned houses and barn kind of thing. i can always take the barrel off and put a different one on. whats the best all around barrel for the 98? something that is accurate up close and some distance

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    no its more like in the woods or abandoned houses and barn kind of thing. i can always take the barrel off and put a different one on. whats the best all around barrel for the 98? something that is accurate up close and some distance

to be honest with you, i would not really know what is the best barrel around right now. most of my knowledge of products is a little outdated. I was on top of all the new sh*t in about 2001/2002 when i was really into it. the main thing is matching paint to your barrel. all paintballs are a little different in size. the more expensive paint is usually a little smaller bore size (marballizer/all star/ and my fav EVIL). so just decide what you usually shoot, and you shoot be able to look up avg bore size somewhere on the net. then do some research on the latest barrels, and try to match the size up. matching paint size will help equalize air pressure around the ball as it leaves the barrel, producing an even exit, a good spin, and will help minimize breaks/chops.

for abandoned houses and "outlaw" like play, the flatline would be fun to play with...just so you know, it's kind of a b1tch to take the flatline on and off

for abandoned houses and "outlaw" like play, the flatline would be fun to play with...just so you know, it's kind of a b1tch to take the flatline on and off
    yeah i figured. we will play some tournament type **** later on. so how are the hittman 14inch barrels and etc??

to be honest with you, i would not really know what is the best barrel around right now. most of my knowledge of products is a little outdated. I was on top of all the new sh*t in about 2001/2002 when i was really into it. the main thing is matching paint to your barrel. all paintballs are a little different in size. the more expensive paint is usually a little smaller bore size (marballizer/all star/ and my fav EVIL). so just decide what you usually shoot, and you shoot be able to look up avg bore size somewhere on the net. then do some research on the latest barrels, and try to match the size up. matching paint size will help equalize air pressure around the ball as it leaves the barrel, producing an even exit, a good spin, and will help minimize breaks/chops.

ill do that thanx

Thread Information