I saw on the news tonight that they are going to be performing some more extensive research on the use of Tamoxifen to prevent Breast Cancer, vs. being used as a treatment....

Trials are in progress in Canada, the USA and Spain that involve giving women who are at increased risk of developing breast cancer either Tamoxifen or a placebo for five years. "Preliminary results show about a 25-30 per cent reduction in risk for these women taking tamoxifen. However, researchers in the UK feel that it is too early to assess the long-term benefits and risk of Tamoxifen on otherwise healthy women." Currently, Nolva is licensed only for the treatment of breast cancer, not its prevention.... and is used for some other research purposes as well.... ....

According to some of my research, Tamoxifen increases the chances that healthy women will develop endometrial cancer, uterine cancer, blood clots in the lungs, or cataracts, as well as the body may become resistant to it if taken for extreme duration/doses...

I've lost a number of women in my family to Breast Cancer, and my mother has a VERY high risk of developing it in the future.... that's why I'm so interested in the research.....

Opinions/Comments? Just thought I would share.